Tree of Savior Forum

Pardoner Skills Explanation

For those that have played or know Pardoners in the kcbt or icbt can someone please explain to everyone what Oblation does? And how does leveling effect Simony and Spell Shop? Please don’t post what you think or assume, that helps no one. I’m looking for the facts to help us all please. Thank you very much for the help.

EDIT: Please check out this thread instead, it explains everything

Spell shop is where you open up vendor and other player can buy buff from you (buff will be longer duration).
Simony you can make skill scroll.

Not sure how skill effect though. @__@

I second the request for more information! Particularly, the websites I’ve found said that Simony only works for Cleric skills, and Spell Shop only works for Priest buffs. Is that true?

I also have a question about Pardoners. I wonder what kind of buffs they can make to scrolls. Are those buffs only from Cleric and Priest? Or can we make buff scrolls from other classes too, like Paladin? Are there any other buffs that Pardoners can make?

I’m not sure if other class work or not but one thing I saw is oracle skill is work to make scroll.
So it could possible to make almost all skill that your character have.
My kr friend said revive and resurrection won’t work to make scroll though but I can’t confirm this.

Paladin is a branch job from Cleric. I wonder if the spells like Restoration, Resist Elements can be made into scrolls, too. If they can, it will be interesting to go something like Cleric > Priest > Priest > Paladin > Pardoner > Pardoner. Too bad Oracle is on the same rank of Pardoner and I want Oblation and Spell Shop, or else I can get another buff Arcane Energy from Oracle. I think it’s great if Pardoner can change those buffs into scrolls. I don’t have the access to the beta so I can’t test it out myself. It would help a lot in my build if someone can provide those information.

To add another question to this what about skills/spells that require catalysts/items to cast? Do you expend the catalysts upon creating the spell or does the person using the scroll need to have the catalysts ready to use the scroll?

Found this video here of someone using the various vender classes. This confirms you can at least use priest buffs for the Spellshop and not just Cleric skills. From what I can tell/guess is that since there’s only 3 skills being displayed that they may have Spellshop level 3. Perhaps number available is determined by the number of items the Pardoner has on hand to cast the spells. Can someone confirm this?

I believe buff to put into Spellshop will work only if it’s a buff that require item to use (ex.aspersion,blessing and sacrament). For all time I’ve play all skill I saw in buff machine is only those skill and never seen other thing else. Buff from shop will have duration about 20 - 30 minutes.

While simony use to make scroll should work on almost all skill from previous job that you have.
So far I’ve seen Krivis skill, Cleric skill, Paladin skill, Oracle skill, Priest skill.
(My KR friend said not work with resurrection but I still can’t confirm this)

I’ll update more once I got an info about how thing work.

PS: Blessing from spellshop is not good. Even it have 28 min duration it’ll disappear once used all attack hit count…

2 Likes

So… I could call down lightning with an int swordsman for no reason? :smiley: SIGN ME UP!

Thanks for that! Simony was the skill I was most concerned about :3 Would you happen to know if the scrolls use the Pardoner’s stats or the stats of the person who uses them?

@Raven Yeah, priest buffs since clerics don’t have buffs. I’m curious if you can sell other rank’s buffs though :\

In case anyone sees this first and not the other topic by xxforbidden405:

can you buff yourself when playing a pardoner with higher duration buffs?