Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin C3, opinion please

I dont have an extensive knowledge about this game and have never played the beta so I would need you guys to help me.

I have decided to go for cleric as my first class more specifically a paladin based class, my build so far :

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/85wp0rzfb4/

Initially I wanted to utilize safety zone, but would it be better if I went cleric c2/priest c2 for mass heal?

As for stats str/spr.

Going c2p2 will make you hate life a bit less, since you will have both bless and sacrament to help you deal some damage.

Since you are maxing Smite I can only assume your main damage stat will be STR, since Smite is physical damage.

This build will need to be attached to the hip of a DPS class, otherwise you will be having a real bad time.

Hey! I don’t think you will need Cleric C3, this one rank can give place to something more useful that can add to your STR dps or support. Imo Priest C1 is good just for Res 5, the other buffs can be of some use in the beginning but later they will be irrelevant.

You could swap points of Resist Elements and Restoration or maybe just balance them? Restoration will improve any healing effect, even when the skill is just at lvl 1, but Resist Elements needs to be more developed if you want it to be useful (the nullification % is too low at lvl 5).

Did you look around the Cleric area? I think you will find lots of useful information and comments regarding Paladin builds! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just took some time to read and go over the skills once more.

I’m thinking of Cleric C2> Priest C1 > Paladin C3 > Plague Doctor, since I quite like the skills of priest c1. I’ve looked for similar builds and most of them tend to go for dievdirbys C1 instead of priest c1, could you tell me why this is? I’m not exactly sure how dievdirbys C1 skills work and their benefits.

This happens often because Diev C1 has a good synergy with STR Paladin, you can have a damage skill called Carve that scales with STR and can hit a target multiple times, plus the statues buffs. Priest is a valid choice of course, I personally would not go for it because you would use a whole rank just to get Res 5 (the other lower lvl Priest skills will be almost irrelevant later in game), but yeah, it’s a useful skill and in Earth Tower (laaate game content) it will be the only way to res your allies, as Wurmheart reminded me to mention.

I think if you really want Resurrection you should go for it, it will cost a rank, but it’s nothing that dramatic if you like the skill and will feel comfortable having it! The most important is that you are aware of all your options and do what you like!

Btw, give a look at this topic, it can help you:

1 Like

I second this reply - that link helps a lot. If you’re planning to go use Priest, it suggests to go all the way to CE3 and even consider getting Chaplain. Granted this build will not rely on STR but treat Paladin Skills as a buffer (Conviction) to increase whatever buffs Priest / Chaplain already has.

Yeah, there are many possible combinations but if Priest is in there I also think Priest3 is the better so you can get your buffs more efficient, a decent heal (I think mass heal from Priest2 is not enough, it needs another rank) plus Revive, Stone Skin and others. It can be really nice with Paladin.

That link is very helpful indeed, keep checking it for updates!