Tree of Savior Forum

Open letter to IMC and the Community about the founders incident

IMHO, IMC should just stick to their first plan 3-months and just add the $10 option.

IMC isn’t ready for this kind of hype and the 1-month shenanigan makes them ran out of time and mess things up.

Imagine we stick to 3-month, IMC can gather up data which region needs dedicated servers, future bug detection, future balancing, sell to local publishers and many more.

The community is so ■■■■, they don’t read and keep whining.

Cies’t la vie.

On the other side though, IMC lack of communication especially when they announce the “SOON-TM”. For me, that is the cause of this mess. It cause too much hype that IMC can’t even handle things.

Geez, this is probably the last MMORPG I will play. Sayonara.

PS. Fvck the poll, the shitty democracy bomb hits IMC.

3 Likes

@ all this IMC talk wich is getting tiring soon

1 Like

It’s getting pretty annoying by now honestly.

PS: Tool is love, tool is life.

Have gamers nowadays forgotten what makes a community in a game and what factors in a game’s success? Answer: US! The players!

People were genuinely upset and worried about this game’s success since the beginning. We are all here for the same reason and that reason is because we want to see this game succeed. Some of us want a true RO 2 and some just want to play it because it simply looks like an amazing game. BUT! Shady tactics like announcing an open beta and then putting a pay wall in front of a F2P game after said announcement is scandalous, to say the least. Almost felt like IMC had no hope for this game’s longevity and wanted to cash in real quick, but the community spoke up and their voices were heard. Now, instead of only 600 TP and two hair accessories, we also get a pet and 2 months of free premium membership and those that can’t pay the $, for what ever reason, won’t have to wait until June. You’re welcome!

If anything, IMC has shown that they are willing to cooperate and that they are listening to us, which is a great sign. If the developers listen to the community and works together with us, the game will get better and as a result we will gave a stronger community in it.

1 Like

I get it man. You had time off around March 22nd release date to play the hell out of the game, but being pushed to the 29th takes that from you. Most college students like myself had Spring break to play but now not anymore. Ya it’s bullshit, but I will still play it with the very little time I have. Most people not complaining about the date change have a significant amount of time to play it or no lives I guess. :cry:

barely looked around the surface and saw march 22nd. They made it march 29th cause 1. They had to change the packs, 2. Steam wouldn’t let them make it March 22nd 3 days before the actual date. Get over it, you guys are annoying now

1 Like

They won’t. Steam won’t let them. Again, get over it, you guys asked for it.

It has nothing to do with Steam. The game is already published and live on steam, it is about them just sending out a patch and flipping the switch for the servers themselves.
Steam has done their thing with approving them and such.

Also, “You guys asked for it”.
I didn’t. I was against changing it from the very start.

If they didn’t try to market that 3months of testing it wouldn’t have been a problem. If they would have just picked random people to test the game for bugs instead of trying to market it, the plan would have succeeded. That falls on IMC not the players.

lol what? it’s ALREADY “released” on steam.
all they have to do is turn on the server and it’s on their end. Steam has no control over IMC’s servers.

1 Like

I agree about some of your points but not all of them.

1)Release date is really important, and changing it is NOT the best idea for sure. But if they were able to release game on March 22nd, they’d probably did it. I don’t think that moving release date would help too much regarding the reviews. The real problem is that information about game start is hard to NOTICE. It should be like HUGE letters at the top of the description that servers will start at March 29th.

The promice about no changes in release date were not about March 22nd but about March 29th. So even if the C would’ve win(tip: it wouldn’t ever), then the date would be set to 29th. Because 3 months wasn’t the only problem addressed by the community, so probably IMC had to fix some other issues.

2)I disagree that community poll was a fail. Original 3 month plan was. I assume that half of those people who bought 50$ packs wouldn’t have bought it on previous conditions for several reasons. Also steam regional prices mattered a lot. In my country it’s like 70% cheaper.

Overall, it was obvious that variant B was presented like the best variant, because IMC told us this way, that it’s the best variant for them, and they can’t afford variant A. Variant C was the old one, that’s why it only scored 10%(tip: it’s bad).

4)I agree that western people tend to complain a lot when they are unsatisfied. You are doing the same thing right now.

But if they majority is unsatisfied, then it IS a problem. If the old plan was that bad, I’m sure there would be much more then 10% unsatisfied with a new plan. Because as you said, people COMPLAIN when they are unsatisfied. Interesting thing is, there were much less rage posts AFTER the poll then before. And not all of them were about the release date(which IS the problem) but lots of them were about 1 month early access instead of 3(which actually is NOT the problem at all).

Talking about acting “immaturely”, your post is just as “immature” as lots of post before the poll. Because it’s not. Sure there were lots of immature posts against the 3 months but there were LOTS of posts with constructive criticism, great suggestions and advices for IMC as well.

They changed theit decision because at least half of the community was unsatisfied, not because some gues made tons of shitposts, like many of you think.

Before 40% were OK with 3 months plan, now almost 75% are HAPPY about 1 month NON staggered plan with 1 CHEAP option of EA and MORE goodies. It’s overall better for almost everyone.

The only real problems left are:

1)Pushed release date.

2)Uncertainty about EU/SEA/West coast/etc. located servers.

3)UNCLEAR information about DLC’s in Steam, that confuses lots of people and is the cause of negative reviews.

If IMC solves these problems they will satisfy ABSOLUTE MAJORITY of players and it should be their goal.

I know Koreans (and asians in common) are usually calm people. They won’t complain. They will just quit the game and never return, THAT happened with Korean ToS.

So I assume IMC are afraid to lose their playerbase for iToS. That’s why they try to satisfy us. It seems they weren’t truly ready for such massive response and underestimated the number of people who will buy EA. That’s probably the reason why they pushed back the release date (I see no other explanation for such a move).

They now discussing possibility of international servers as well, so I hope this problem will also be solves soon.

And finally, changing the DLCs descriptions in steam should be the easiest problem to fix in order to avoid even more negative reviews.

1 Like

This is pretty much what i said, can’t remember the exact details:

Option A: Less items, 1 week
Option B: More items, 1 month
Option C: Less items, 3 months.
All are same prices.

May I suggest giving Option A the same amount of items as Option B or just decrease the pricing on Option A? It seems that as of right now, there is no reason for Option A to exist, other than to make Option B look good.

You are a bit slow)

It’s already decided matter)

What? Option A is to appeal for the F2P players…because you know…1 week is shorter than 1 month so the F2P players can play sooner.

So, yeah. Option A has a reason to exist, and it’s mainly for the F2P players that don’t want to wait 1-3 months before they can start playing but unfortunately for them, Option B won by a landslide.

1 Like

the reason why the 30 and 50 dollar packs had more items for the same price was easy to guess - to make them more valueable compared to the 10 dollar thingy cause one thing option B didn have was the difference of the early access time - all had the same time while option A and C had a different amount of time aka giving the 50 and 30 dollar packs an advantage over the 10 dollar one (if you wanna play from the start you wanna get the 50 dollar one anyways) - more expensive packs must have a “reason” to be more attractive to paying players - what else could they add to make the 50 and 30 dollar packs of option B more attractive other than adding more items to those?

typed this alrdy somewhere else

They asked me what i said and I just repeated what i said. I already know its decided lol.

Well if they combined Option A and B i’m pretty sure everyone would be happy except for people who wants the time advantage.

Most people are choosing B for the items lol.

But 1 week is too few time for IMC to test everything.