Tree of Savior Forum

Open letter to IMC and the Community about the founders incident

What was false about the quote?

First off all i bought the 49$ version so no F2P :wink: I never made a post to complain and I certainly did not mention you :slight_smile: But yes alot of them made alot of complaints and that’s why i tought this was another one of those posts and I stopped reading after a few lines. And if my comment has in anyway offended you then i am sorry. But you have to admit there were alot of people complaining about alot of stuff :wink:

1 Like

The biggest problem with this entire polling situation and people saying “obviously the majority this and that”, is that the poll wasnt done correctly from a business model. Us in the business world are having the biggest problem with this from how it was actually done and handled.

they put a poll up for everybody to vote on, cool. You might ask whats the problem with that? They catered by far the all of the f2p players. I know some of you come on and say “we didn’t mind the money, just the head start”… If you the money and no problem with it, you wouldn’t have ever complained! We know you’re lying! when you say stuff like that, the only ones complaining were the f2p players who couldn’t afford it and didn’t want to wait. Now you’re all disguising yourselves as “i was going to buy the package all along! the 3 months just wasn’t okay”. So you’re all the most caring people in the world for f2p player? nope.

You all whined and cried and posted for days on end until IMC gave you what you wanted. As soon as another group starts to complain and use a tactic IMC already proved would work. Now you’re all on here being hippocrates complaining about other people complaining like you did!

That there is a date already?

its ok to listen to the community. but don’t listen to the community TOO much, because eventually there will be no community…because there will be no game. because you made the perfect game for them…1000% free with not a single benefit to a paying player.

1 Like

i know krazhoof, you’re typically an upstanding person on here. It just gets hard keeping track of everyone. just gets old seeing people try to push aside other peoples points of view when they weren’t happen when it was done to them.

If you would start play with 3 month difference you would play in waste land like 2 weeks after start of cbt. It’s boring to play when main city is empty and can’t find party for dungeon for your twink.
Why do you so arrogant and think you’re the only adult here? You don’t seem like an adult at all. You call ppl childs, but agree that you’re talking now like a child. Think and investigate what pple where saying and why 60% where against 3 month gap, before talking and insult someone.
Please.

Did you even see the context? OP says imc broke their promise that the date wouldn’t change. Imc said that the date is not set in stone, and if it does change, it won’t change by much. OP’s assertion that they made a promise is wrong. How does posting the announced date have anything to do with the promise OP accused imc of making?

1 Like

I am, maybe. :expressionless:
Can you stop calling us liars?

A lot of us who made the posts asking for changes are the same who posted screenshots showing we bought the packs, even more than one. And to prove we actually care, I gave one $50 pack to a friend and offered other in reddit :slight_smile:

Sorry if there are people who wants to see the game alive, with full worlds and more equal conditions. (oh yeah, and I voted the option A, even tho it meant less for me, because we asked for a low time gap in that topics!)

Have fun complaining.

Oh sorry, a bit out of context then.
Removed the comment.

LOL

This were the problem addressed by the community that led to the poll:

1. IMC moral conduct in changing an announced “OBT Soon” into a 3 month paywalled headstart
  2. P2P players angry at the fact that with so much a time gap in between headstart and F2P release they would be forced to play without many of their friends
  3. BOTH F2P and P2P players angry at the fact that wish so much an headstart when the actual relase would happen the level gap would have been so deap that, for P2P players, they would have probably been playing in an empty server because everyone else would have just go into a new one, for F2P, they would have found themselves in too much a disadvantage at game start.

I lived trough all of the storm caused by that 3 month paywall, read hundred of posts and, from the start, it was absolutly obvious that the money were NEVER the problem if not for an extreme minority of the community.

I was one of the first one to complain with the OBT turned into 3 month paywall headstart, i also was one of the firsts to come up with a solution that was almost the exact thing they proposed with option B… option B that, in fact, was copy-pasted from USER POST requesting that change and, as a LOT of other users that complained at IMC, i boguth a founder pack the day they became available on steam,

And no, OFC a lot of people would not have bought the Founder Pack if IMC wouldn’t have changed things to the way they are now, but surely not because “50USD were to much” byt because the whole 3 month headstart deal was totally retarted and would have given a lot of disadvantages even to founders.

sorry, but you mix up so many things, read my quotes wrong or say contradicting things (prolly tipos but it is hard to judge atm) that i am not able the respond propperly.

just one example “Again, they were pretty happy when IMC announced the 3-month plan.” i assume you want to say they where not happy. but it is hard to tell since as i said you seemed to missread alot of my post and have repsonses to my quotes that make no sense. I am not trying to sound arrogant. I would love to continue a civiliced discuss. So if you want to take the extra time to clean up you last post i would be super happy to respond.

It is absurd to have to wait 10 days to be able to play something that already paid

It’s not absurd if the game isn’t ready to be launched yet. You do understand that there are many, many real-world situations where you pay beforehand, and the company prepares the product, and you get it like a week later, right?
Tailor-made suits, cars, printed cards or banners. All of those things require you to pay and then get the product to enjoy a week (or longer) later. This is no different.
Besides, nobody forced you to pay now. You could’ve also paid on the 29th if you really wanted to. The release date was known the moment the Founder’s Packs were up for purchase

1 Like

nah, it’s just a bit of irony. And you didn’t sound arrogant even a bit. I actually like you, don’t want to bother you anymore. Have a nice time here!

1 Like

Hey I liked that you voiced your concerns in a civil and organized manner. I agree that the fact that toxic members of the community can influence a game company’s decision is indeed a legitimate problem.

However, what I didn’t like so much was about how you made a blanket assessment that all that occurred recently was simply “whining”. The truth of the matter is, that there was whining BUT there were also many legitimate complaints.

People were angry for valid reasons, and I think they had every right to be angry when a company makes a bad business decision. Some people vented their anger in an uncivil fashion - and that’s definitely wrong. But many people brought up intelligent and well articulated arguments. I think whiners are bad for the forums. But I also think that people who always defend the company out of instinct aren’t doing IMC a favour either. If anything, people who provide valid criticisms are the one who truly care for the company the most - because they want it to last.

My point here is that when something bad happens, not everything the community does is necessarily bad. Some people are rude while others are civil. Some complaints are frivolous while others are legitimate. So the right thing to do is to listen to the constructive suggestions of the community. What you suggest is that IMC should simply ‘stick to its guns’. That’s not a good idea, not because it is wrong to stick to one’s plan, but simply because there are situations where it is good to do so, and there are situations when it is better to listen.

Therefore, I think IMC did the right thing by taking into account the community’s opinion when they made an objectively bad decision. In another situation, the ‘right thing’ to do may have been different - ie. stick to their plans. Problems are complex, and the company should always have the flexibility to address them.

3 Likes

but when released the 3-month opening would be 22 , because now 29 ? estam they just want to be ready to make more money

It’s been inevitably delayed due to the change of plans IMC made in service to the majority of the fans. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Using the car as an analogy again. If you buy a red car, but later tell the car dealer you want it blue, it’ll take them some extra time to make the car blue, and you can’t expect the car to be there on the original date

LOL do you even read Korean?