Tree of Savior Forum

New Players here, pls help

Hi me and my friend started a week ago and realize now how easy it is to mess up a character. So we’re looking for new builds so we dont have to reroll again.

What I want is either a melee build that can dual wield, sword/dagger preferably or an archer build. Was also thinking of rogue for endgame.

My friend wants to be a dragoon or cataphract at endgame or is lancer better?

We’re wondering if the rank 8 classes are better than staying c3 on one of the older classes.

We want something we can take to endgame pve, dont plan on doing pvp.

Thanks in advance

Here’s a link of builds that I’ve played myself that are all quite strong and have a high chance of staying relevant when higher ranks come out:

Depends on the build but some rank 8 classes are better for a build but also some circle 3 classes at rank 8 are better, like Schwarzer Reiter 3 or Fencer 3 are both quite strong.

Lancer is for pvp and even then is kind of underwhelming (who knows what rank 9 will bring it when it comes out though). I suggest the Dragoon build for your friend, though if he really wants more mobility over more damage then he can make a Cataphract version instead of Hoplite but I don’t recommend it.

Cant really recommend anything for you as a dual wield build since I never made one but maybe someone else can help you with that.

Hoplite Dragoon helps a lot Archers in terms of DPS thanks to Serpentine and Spear Lunge

Wow thanks thats exactly what I wanted, some solid build options for pve. Wish there was more than one archer class tho lol, but im about to do the Schwarzer Reiter build now thanks alot. Also if anyone still has suggestion for dual wield sword/dagger pls post

Yeah sorry there isn’t more, I haven’t played much archer (I don’t really like the class options much). Don’t think that’s because they’re weak or something, just my personal preference on play style, but SR is a super fun class and is quite easy to level from beginning to end.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a pm anytime on the forums or in game if you’re on Kleipeda. Valkoria is my team name.

swordman class Corsair can duel weld.

Do you count Rapiers as swords? If yes, then Fencer 3 is great and usually wields Rapier + Dagger. If you want an actual Sword, then Corsair is the only path that actually does Sword + Dagger; however, Corsair is more of a farming class or support for Archers.

Look at fencer builds by lostac https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y-t6cfDH93JO0GqC4riOxI92UMhhfL_4Ttl8HKEkTbc/edit#gid=0

Ask questions in the thread:

Hmm actually Im not too big on the Schwarzer Reiter only using pistols. I was looking at some Hackapelle builds. Valkoria I looked at your SR build and you said dont put any points into str, just dex for dmg, would Hackapelle build the same way? I kinda want to do a rogue-like hackapelle with cloak and sneak attack.

Hackapel info here:

Cool thnx a bunch everyone

You have to understand that off hands are not “actively used” with your main hand weapon unlike a lot of previous MMO designs. In most cases here, you chose which one to use, not both.

There are skills that “allow” their use with both weapons though. The highlander for example is “supposed” to be a 2H class but with exception to [crossguard] all its skills can be used with any melee weapon setup. On the other hand doppelsnolder is a 2H class with some skills restricted to 2H weapons.

If you are familiar with the term “stat stick” that is what off hands are mostly used for.

It is generally the case that higher ranks are better than lower ranks because of power creep. For example, max [spear throw] is 1044 while max [dethrone] 16570. There are other factors but you get the idea.

Every physical class wants full DEX as much as possible (as of now). Only rogues can afford not to go DEX.

good and simple to play class

swordman
doppel3
fencer3
dragoon2
murmillo (a bit expensive)
avoid templar2, lancer, shinobi mix

cleric
plague doctor2
druid3
inquisitor
taoist(krivis)
avoid oracle3, kabba2

archer
every r8 class is playable

wiz
a bit complicate, each class and build have own synergy and party synergy
ex. necro1 strong with archer, pyro have high scaling, wiz3 boost magic skill
linker is the best wiz class to pick as filler or even main rank

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.