Tree of Savior Forum

New Player With a few Shinobi Questions

Hey Everyone,

I just started playing ToS a couple of weeks ago and really want to play the Shinobi Class. I read that it’s not exactly meta, but honestly I don’t really care. A few people on reddit gave me some suggestions on builds and things, but I just wanted to get a little more clarity.

I’d like to PvP and PvE. The suggested build was Sword2, Hop3, Corsair 1, Shinobi, Murm. I was wondering if I should actually go Corsair 2 instead of Hop 3 for the good damage on Hexen Dropper and easier farming with Jolly Roger?

Also, what should my endgame equipment and stat spread be? I’ve put most of my stats for far into Dex. Maybe 75 Dex and 25Str so far. Will I want to dual wield weapons (spear/dagger for example) or run a Spear/Sword?

Thanks for the help.

Once you reach Murmillo it’ll become a hassle to weapon swap to use Hexen Dropper. In PVP almost all your damage will come from Murm skills, mainly Scutum Hit which requires shield. You can alternatively swap Hop3 for Sword3 for more Restrain and Pain Barrier for better PVP since Spear Throw is useless outside of PVE.

Another path you can pursue is Pelt>Rod3>Corsair>Shinobi>Murm if you prefer using Swords. Stronger in PVE but a little less effective in PVP.

For stats put every point from now on in DEX. You can get tons of CON/HP from gear and gems. For gear it’ll be complicated since you’ll need 2 practonium for weapon+shield when it can take forever just to get 1 of those.

Here’s what you’ll want to aim for. For armour just use the highest plate you can afford and socket red gems for HP, yellow gems in gloves for block penetration, and blue gems in boots for magic defense. If you can afford it, Arde Dagger/Karacha Dagger in the early levels for faster leveling. At rank 8 it’s all about the shield so you can skip the dagger entirely if you want.

https://tos.neet.tv/items/224105 Emengard Shield

https://tos.neet.tv/items/222119 Didel Tower Shield will do before you get Emengard

https://tos.neet.tv/items/244110 Wingshard Spear

https://tos.neet.tv/items/103120 Pierene Sword

Hop3 is not good for PVP tbh because your enemies are constantly moving so spear throw is not effective however pve wise its very good in killing pull mobs. i prefer corsair2 for hexen and long duration of your hook which are really helpful in pvp.

So either Corsair 2 or Sword 3 would be better than Hop 3 for PvP?

Sword 3 = more stuns/resistance
Corsair 2 = more hooks/easier farming
Hop 3 = More crit/better PvE damage

Is that about right?

Precisely.

/20202020

Hop3 only works on PvP if played like this

I’d say Sword3 will work best as it gives longer PB uptime, better Restrain and another copyable skill(Doubleslash).
As you pointed out

Corsair 2 = more hook duration/easier farming

That’s the only notable thing Corsair2-3 provides, Hexen damage will fall off at later ranks too unless it’s from a Fencer3(for their r9 choice).

Won’t it be really difficult to level R6 as a Sword 3 due to the lack of damage? Also, what skills would I definitely need? Currently I have Bash 3, Gung Ho 2, Conc 10, PB 10, Restrain 5

Which is why current meta for shinobi is coming Rod3 then Murmillo at r8.

A PvP HopliteShinobi alternative would look something like this:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111444dc.112333435f6a85.17213f4f516571.1325314155.1121344475
*do note this^ is a untested theorycraft build
**Sw3 skill setup there^ is what most players take in their respective Sw3 builds

Thing is with the Hop2CorsairShinobi, it’s a great Pierce type burst damage that shined at R7, but with little to no synergy with R8’s Murm and Lancer, they can still opt to go either Fencer1 or Dragoon1 for a better Pierce or Spear synergy.

Not choosing an R8 class/circle will be punishing and hard, but if you feel like you like the class itself just try it out. It’s a bit frustrating but the game is meant to make players create more characters and try out different builds that’ll suit them best.
Also more characters made=higher team level=better exp bonus :grinning:

Any possibility R9 Class skills will have any synergy?

I imagine Murmillo C2 would be best option for you. Good chance the only spear class in rank 9 will be Dragoon C3. Doppels and Fencers need somewhere to go so I think the focus will be on 2h swords and rapiers, or at least a universal class with no weapon requirements.

Forgot about Lancer C2 being the other spear class but yeah neither will be available to you anyway.

So the best route for me to go right now would be Sword C3 - Hop C2, Corsair C1, Shinobi, Murm?

Will I have any PvE viability at all?

+3AAR from Finestra+Restrain allows you to stun mobs for a whole minute till you kill em.
Sair’s IH and DD are solid CC disables against any non-bosses/immune to stun/knockdown.

The lacking in the build will be a reliable damage outside

-SpearLunge>Stabbing
-SpearLunge>SyncroThrust(Pierce attr.)

when you hit r7 you get

-Bunshin>SpearLunge>Kunai
-Bunshin>SpearLunge>SynchroThust

then at r8

-Helmet>Bunshin>Headbutt/SpearLunge>SynchroThust*
-SpearLunge>EvadeThrust
-Headbutt>Scutum Hit

*rough 9m silver needed for helmet attribute

Here’s how the skill allocation of your planned build would look like:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1114418dc.112333435f6a7585.17213a4a5171.12253375.1424314155.1121344475

You’ll be fine with the casual stuff. I made it to level 320 with Sw3>Pelt>Cor2>Shin>Murm before I used rank reset. Soloed quite a few rank 8 maps, including Mishekan (highest level map atm) for practonium quest. It’s possible thanks to Restrain, Iron Hook, and Cassis Crista making you take very little damage. You’ll fare better than I did since you also have Spear Lunge. It might be tricky grinding during rank 7 though. You’ll need to be carried but that’s only 3 maps; Alemeth, Evacuation, and Storage.

Here’s what you can do in PVE with that build if you invest a bit into Kunai attribute (minimum 50%) and weapon upgrades. Everything I list is a part of your dailies, basically all you do outside of PVP.

-Solo Crystal Mines for ore (~1 minute boss kills).
-Solo Siauliai mission if no one is in queue (~1 minute boss kills).
-Solo rush all dungeons up to 200 dungeon (~30 second boss kills).
-Solo the physical part of 290 dungeon for Artilonium and paper cubes.
-Solo Saalus missions (20 second to 1 minute boss kill depending on map).

Here’s where you’ll suck compared to meta:

-ET. You’ll need to be carried hard.
-Fantasy Library.
-World Bosses.
-290 dungeon bosses (lots of parties for this so don’t fret).
-Uphill Defense.

So, looking at all of my swordsman skills, none of them do any worthwhile damage. Thrust, bash, even double attack will barely do anything compared to ninja/murm skills. Are these really worth using/investing points into to use with the ninja clones?