Tree of Savior Forum

New Healer in need of advice

Greetings Saviors,

I used to play ToS on release but due to multiple reason I left the game. Now I am comming back but I am a bit lost, looks like the DPS Classes that I used to play receive a hard nerf (which is ok, they were extremly broken) so now I am thinking about play something fun instead of something meta (it could be meta, I am not sure, I didn’t read anything yet). Could you please check this build a give me some advices.

Option 1

Option 2 (Full PvE)

Stats:
Con: 50
Spr: All the rest.

Main reason for this build: It looks like a typical support (Heal, Buff, Damage Prevention). Also it remminds me to RO’s Dancer xD

Edit: Druid build removed since it doesn’t work as expected after reading the thread suggested by “Myself”.

Edit 2: Thanks to Goldie for the response, I will go for Taoist since it looks more supportive. New build based on Goldie’s advice. Con reduced to 50, skills arranged.

Edit 3: Chaplain replaced by Oracle or PD, looking for a more supportive build. Decision based on the advice of ChainofMemories and taking in count the explanation of c2gaming.seetoo.

Edit 4: PD Taoist updated after checking ChainofMemories’ advice.

Thanks in advance.

read that to update yourself about druid build

1 Like

Thank you very much, after reading thoose comments I think I will avoid Druid for now since it is not what I am looking for. Still having doubts about the other build but since it has Priest3 it will work… I guess xD

People tend to like taking Inquisitor with Chaplain because Inquisitor has a wheel that spreads your damages. You put the wheel out, you whack it (with skills or AAs) and it spreads to all the mobs around. So with Chaplain and its buffs, it’s pretty nice to optimize your Chappie’s damages. But the wheel has a long cooldown (50 seconds). Inquisitor itself has nice damages as well.
If you want to focus first on support while still having damages, this build is nice. Taoist is actually pretty amazing for both support and damages. Priest-Taoist is also always loved in ET too.
I’d just say to lower your CON, since after the combat patch CON isn’t as needed. You can still drop 50 then go full SPR for harder PvE contents.

For your skills though, you need to change a few things. Fade 5 isn’t needed. They changed it, Fade doesn’t make you “invincible” anymore, so 1 point is all you need. But Cure is a great way to deal damages, it also hits flying enemies now, so you want to level it :3
For Safety Zone imo at max you want it to level 5. Because circle 2 gives you +20 extra blocks but it still lasts only 20 seconds total. So maxing it (or close to), isn’t actually that useful.

For Priest, you should put 1 point in Aspersion, 1 in Monstrance, and then put the rest in Revive. Rest is fine.
Monstrance is for the DEX builds in your team, and with the fact people can (and will) buy Pardoners shops’ buffs, leveling Aspersion to 5 isn’t that helpful.

You don’t need Miko’s Clap. It only works on a few magic circles, it won’t be useful to you with your build. Sweeping 5 isn’t that necessary either, I feel. I’d favour Hamaya (great aoe) to Sweeping.

For Taoist, you shouldn’t max Dark Sight. Level 1 lasts 1 minute, with 36s and every level gives +1 minute. So with Divine Might you can already have it up to level 2. Or 3 if you choose to put an extra point. But I think level 2 is really the max level one would want DS to be at. Creeping Death Charm is pretty amazing even if it doesn’t look much, you should prob max it. And I guess save any extra points for Taoist 2~

1 Like

Thank you very much for your time, it really helped me to check your notes.
I removed Miko’s Clap as you suggested and maxed Hamaya. Left Sweeping in 4. Also DS from taois was downgraded to 1, while CDC was raised to 5. I will save 2 points for Tao2, since Zealot looks more like a DPS class. Revive from priest was raised to 7, Monstrance to 1 and Aspersio was downgraded to 1. Cure was raised to 9, while SZ was downgraded to 5, this is the only point where I am not sure if I will stick to this, I will probably raise SZ again, for some reason I feel better with more points invested in this skill.
Again, thank you very much.

There are just more skills that “fit” with chaplain if you go inquisitor.

• [malleus maleficarum] increases all sources of damage (including lines of attack) by an amount proportional to the enemy matk. This is a debuff and affects everyone that hits the target (increases everyone’s damage)
  • [breaking wheel] essentially doubles physical damage while it is out. You drop the wheel on something and the wheel itself does damage. Unless you are using single target skills every time you “cleave” the wheel another instance of the damage is spread by the wheel.
  • inquisitor: burn is (IMHO) the most significant addition to you as a chaplain. At max lv you have 20% on kill to “clone yourself” in the form of a fire where the monster died. This fire will attack everything close to it using your: gear, buffs, stats, everything. It can even spawn its own clones which can easily just snowball into a killing spree. It is 20m to max though.

Something to think about with priest buffs

• [blessing] is really only important to take for 2 things: 1 you don’t want to keep rebuffing at the pardoners (not gonna be an issue when hit count gets removed) or 2 you are participating in content that prevents you from going back to the pardoner to rebuffs (tbl, death in ET, etc)
  • [sacrament] is really going to boil down to how strong they plan to make it. If not it will forever be lv1 just to get the extra line of attack for [blessing] to ride on. [last rites] is the same.
  • [aspresion] requires at least lv1 to trigger [aspergillum]

These 3 buffs are only really needed if you lose them regularly (meaning you die a lot)

1 Like

First let me to thank you for all this information.
I think I understand your point, I am aiming to complete that kind of content (if I get a party xD), that is why I choosed Priest 3, Chaplain was just a filler to make my life easier (Capella). Regarding the Inquisitor, it looks like an amazing class, but will it work in ET? Maybe should I remove Chaplain, but I am not sure what could replace it if I am going Taoist.

Cleric 2 > Priest 3 > Miko > X > Taoist

X Being:

Diev for Laima -20% CD.

Oracle for Counter Spell and Prophecy.

PD for Bloodletting and Healing Factor.

Another circle of Cleric for more heals and divine might charges.

Inquisitor is only good if you take Chaplain with it for the Priest build, which would hinder your support abilities and turn you into somewhat of a “dps” build.

1 Like

Thanks for those options.
Oracle and PD looks intresting for my build, would you mind to check the new options? Also, may I know which do you think will work better for endgame content?

Now for a little RP

Another joins the enemy my brothers. Worry not for we will triumph over the Tao in the end. FOR THE EMPEROR!!

I personally prefer PD over all of the other options because I feel it brings quite some utility, Healing Factor allows you to use it on yourself so that’s your main source of healing for you so you can leave all the heal tiles for your allies an Bloodletting can prevent plenty of annoying debuffs in pve like freezing, sleep, stone curse, slow, etc…

On the other hand Oracle is getting changed soon and it’s pretty underwhelming imo, it’s going to be more of a PvP/GvG class overall from what it seems.

As for the PD Taoist skill build I would:

Max Safety Zone over Cure since you’re full SPR (even on full INT builds I still leave it like at lvl 1), you really only get cure for its’ ability to cleanse debuffs but then again with PD you’ve Bloodletting so not that needed, still nice to have at least 1 point, would say to leave Cure at 1, max Safety Zone and leftover points into Fade but since you’ve Taoist for Dark Sight is not needed.

Priest and Miko are perfect, for Plague Doctor you can get rid of Fumigate since for PvE is not really that needed because you already have Bloodletting, same with Beak Mask, not needed because of the same reason, instead you could max Bloodletting, Healing Factor and Pandemic because with it you can spread debuffs from your allies like sleep from Wizards or the freeze from Cryomancers.

As for Taoist you can get rid of Tri-disaster Charm, it’s pretty bad, the rest is good, you could put more points into Dark Sight so you’ve to recast less when you use it in places like ET where you’ve to stand there for the entire floor but lvl 1 + Divine Might also works.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I already updated the build since it makes sense. Also I think I will go for PD since it brings a bigger utility plus that lovely custome :smiley: