Tree of Savior Forum

Never-aggro mob porter that sends bots to Bot Prison!

I recommend a non aggressive mob (will never ever be aggro to anyone) that you can hit with an obvious name of like “Hit me please” mob XD

Hitting it like 10 times will send you to bot prison and killing monsters there reduces your silver instead. The prison can be left by going through like 3 sets of obstacle courses with one being similar to those shining light platforms in Mausoleum Constructor and one probably being a set of stairs that are hard to maneuver without the proper jump timing(I’m pretty sure you’ve encountered some of these along the way and you can’t jump off them without the proper distance)

And the last will probably be an invulnerable boss instance (so bots that die can never leave if they died) (I recommend denoptic) that moves around and hits with his AOE for 1 minute then he will die/despawn and you will be shown the exit arrow just at the corner of the boss room. This will certainly kill the bots as they are always aggressive to anything that can potentially die/has HP and will approach that invul denoptic for a lovely hug of death :joy:

Afte taking the exit, welcome back to Klaipeda/Orsha :smiley:

and then a few bot programmers will deliberately go into the zone, learn the tactics and timings, teach their bots all the tricks…
…or just not waste all that time, and teach their bots to not hit ‘Hit Me Please’
it’s not like bots HAVE to aggro everything, there just isn’t any incentive for them to be trained differently.

this strategy has failed you.

It’s actually similar to what I have suggested earlier:

1 Like

All accounts that have entered the bot prison will be put under the suspicious accounts table of the database along with the date the account was registered on the database. This makes it easy to track and instantly ban a set of bots that just started on the starter areas in one go. Should a player have made a mistake in hitting “Hit me please” and ending up there along with getting banned, then he/she could just submit a ticket and truly prove that he/she was not botting.

They may program them to avoid X name of mob but the staff can always randomize the name of the mob by putting spaces effectively making Hi t m e ple a se, H i t mee p l z, and many other random combinations. They could also implement at unique color to the mob or maybe a unique size even. Probably half the size of typical mobs.

There are many ways to trick machinations, just have to be crafty with it and consistent so they won’t have time to adapt.

There are many ways to trick machinations, just have to be crafty with it and consistent so they won’t have time to adapt.

Unfortunately it seems IMC doesn’t have enough resources to do this.

Yeah that’s the main problem right now :sweat:

which is nifty, but RMT’s don’t care. they’ll simply throw the account away as soon as they’re done with it anyway.
as for spaces? get the name as a string, process the string to remove all spaces. if the new string matches “hitmeplease” or “hitmeeplz” or (etc) then don’t hit it.
or, just find some unique identifier to the mob - for instance, any mob that uses image_hitmepls.jpg as its display sprite should not be targeted.

for every trick we can think of, they can think of a way to teach their bot to avoid it.

and like @nanozander points out, constantly coming up with new tricks is going to eat up a lot of resources IMC could spend more profitably elsewhere.

My favorite idea for a “bot prison” so far would be shadowbanning bots. Caught botters would be sent to a complete different server (as soon as they change maps or login again) where they would keep playing, farming, getting silver and items as normal. There’d be market boards for them there and they could sell their items… But the only ones able to see those items would be people on this “ghost server”, AKA other botters. :grin:

An extra perk would be the possibility for them to be able to see other server’s items there and purchase them (for RMT), their silver disappears but no one receives any silver for that and no item is sold on the real servers.

Yes, I know keeping a total separate server for botters and developing all the functionalities would eat up resources and whatnot, but we’re talking hypothetically here, so…

1 Like

how does this help?

like you said, it costs time and money to maintain the server…
and it would simply cause the botters to develop harder-to-spot bots, to avoid the shift.

basically, everyone loses (except the RMT who consider this kind of stuff just “cost of doing business” )

I’ll answer your question with another question: How long would it take for a botter to realize his bot was sent to another server, given that he would have no means to detect it (at least on early stages)?

EQ2 actually did this, there was a server hackers, rule breakers and people reported for stuff like racism and biggotry would get sent to and associated accounts can no longer make characters on any server but that one.

It worked pretty well.

1 Like

Sounds good, should be like a phantom server inside a server where bots are kept in place. Awesome xD

Then why do some gimmicks of some games actually work?

Do they? I for one have never played a botless game that actually allowed trading of currency.

at the very least I don’t recall that having a trading of currency but only account selling. Oh well, the big problem is that ToS has many big enemies in the RMT world due to its huge amount of hype. Guess better ideas have to be born sooner or later :confused: