Tree of Savior Forum

Network code is the cause of a lot of fps/performance issues. Video inside

I use FPS savior and it kind of help…

not that huge of an improvement but it helps :smiley:

I have it on a macro to quick switch :blush:

1 Like

I’m glad you’re repeating this Excrulon. It was the talk during the earlier days of tos but lately people have argued a lot that the networking is fine and the fps is caused by potato computers.

It’s been a real irritation trying to correct people on the subreddit without anything valuable to point to. This thread will now serve as that.

Here’s hoping the old words from IMC regarding both multicore processing and net fixes are still eventually going to happen. If they’ve dropped those plans after publicly saying they were coming then I’ll drop IMC as a company that directly lies to customers. If those plans changed and they chose not to tell the community they’re making a huge mistake for PR.

On the other hand if they do exist and eventually come to fruition after having to massively rework the game and engine then this community is basically going to do a complete U-Turn on the hate IMC receives into love and adoration.

4 Likes

This only shows how rushed the game was at the time of release. This game had a lot of bugs, exceptions, and other problems before it came out. Thing is, people wanted to cash cow the game because they ran out of funds to keep improving this game.

I’m pretty sure someone in the Marketing Team said something like “The game is broken, but we can milk it out so we can get more money to finish it later on. We can keep exploiting the fact it’s a self-glorified shadow of Ragnarok Online, and people will love that for a while,” but as we all know, it didn’t turn out that way.

kkay i guess its time for IMC to start developing Tree of Savior 2.

It’s because most people had already quit or got banned. Those who remain are majority white knights and fanboys.

2 Likes

(Image from reddit post)

This NPC just broke the 4TH wall !!!

@Y100Grand Already left weeks ago xD, Only here because the forums are better then the game.

Forum of savior

8 Likes

it is sad that the music and art are awesome yet the coding so bad. this game was exactly what I had been looking for. seems like mostly bots play this game lol.

Oh god thx man, I’m crying :joy:.

So… @Excrulon and nerdy folks: is this promising?

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=644

Promising yes, it’s good to see IMC recognise and take steps to improve the situation, but it really is only a start. There will still be large frame drops in crowded areas or other areas like that.

lol@that pic above.

The information that will be sent: error code, CPU, VGA and the memory driver information

So…

Error code is sent.
CPU information is sent.
VGA driver information is sent.
Memory driver information is sent.

GPU information isn’t sent because so little of it is used in TOS that IMC already knows it can’t be the cause of the error! lol

1 Like

Just an idea from someone without any coding experiencce. They said back then that the draw routine was called so often that fps drops and reduced the amount of draw calls to increase fps (think they reduced it from 700+ to 250+). Why not reduce the draw calls to the desired fps? So why not limit the draw calls to around 60 per second? Just an idea from someone without profound knowledge.

I think in this context VGA is your GPU…

Issues with draw calls in 2016?

I almost feel like laughing X3

sorry, but isnt VGA = Video Graphic Array = GPU?

VGA just the pre win7 acronym when they still using AGP

someone correct me if i´m wrong…
If i downcore my processor to one or two cores my game will work better with this game?!

sorry again but downcore can increase particular core mhz?

i thought its capped or locked… unless ur cpu is unlocked type

on topic, even if the game doesnt utilize multicore,
making a single core higher mhz helps, but imho not much
atbest, 20%

core issue still the game coding/design

1 Like

8-ball of despair
I always knew it but hearing it from you is another matter entirely
kek

Both are requirements and basics for a healthy game. Removing as much connection, server, latency, fps, and ping problems for as many people as they can in the playerbase. Creating new content and events for all level ranges. The basics to at least attempt fulfill the huge potential of the world they’ve created.

Other basics include, bug fixing, rigorous internal testing, balance, data collection, and having ways to gather player feedback.

Not being able to do this is a real injustice and dissrespectful towards everyone who made tos.

Some other issue

I noticed in beginnertowns once i MUTE the daily goldsellerbot that spamms the Chat my fps go up to 58-60 (caped at 60) again from 10-35

Might be just random, but it happens/works ALL THE TIME when i have low fps (ofc thats not the only problem - but at least there it seemed to work)
I figured that the bots spamm too fast to make the game Register the Messages and as a result the fps drop…