Tree of Savior Forum

Need Your insight. DPS?Future proof?

With Highlander (2 handed sword class) going into fencer would be bad right ?

Hoplite is a spear class that build to a dragooon class that is quite weak

i saw ppl taking only C1 barb atm what do u think ?

no, the only thing that locks you in highlander is cross guard and 2h sword mastery attribute

That barb c1 is probably in preparation for korean buff, where cleave grants 50% slash vulnerability

Cross guard still benefits you as fencer, but seeing as you don’t like switching, not using it is okay too.

then why are we taking High lander if we are missing on 50% crit attribute and the DPS from cross guard bleeding ?

Btw u said priest is walk in the park ? how is that it have no offensive ability…

that only increases critical attack stat, press F1, check critical attack stat. It’s there but it’s nothing too significant.

Bleeding is from cross cut, not cross guard. they are different skills

What cross guard does for fencer is using 2h sword to block with it and apply the debuff, then proceed to piercing monsters.

one attack hits 3x. cafrisun + sacrament. Now add blessing to that, and once you get arde it gets even better

Umm so what do u think my build should be? If we take Highlander 3(Skyline DPS) and Barb C1(Cleave) what about the rest?

Doppel seems perfect.

These are your choices if you are really sure that you don’t want peltasta:
HL2 > Barb 2 > Doppel 2
Mix of both, has a nice aoe stun (seism) + cleave combo and weaker warcry

HL1 > Barb 3 > Doppel 2
Cartar Stroke on HL gives you the strike type damage that most swordsman types lack, Very good warcry and frenzy due to ktos cooldown reduction.

HL3 > Barb 1 > Doppel 2
Barb here is to take cleave slash bonus and helm chopper>cleave combo, focused on highlander comboes and skull swing

Since you want the third option, just use cleave before cyclone, or use cross cut > cleave > skyliner

Sir i have to apologize here… This is what i hate about games where i just cant take a Rouge/Assassin Class and be done with it… I’m too indecisive sigh…

Not that i hate your builds… actually they line up perfectly with what i asked for … however they seem boring… Spamm Skyliner when cleave->Cyclone when on cooldown. When i look at Doppel… i dont like any of the class skills…

Hoplite looks fun (lets throw samurai and the kirito dream out of the window till we see the actual class) What do u think about it ? and do u have a build in mind ?

If you want something around hoplite

Hop 2 > Cor 2 > Shinobi
Hop 2 > Cor 2 > Dragoon
Hop 3 > Doppel > Dragoon
High 3 > Hop 2 > Dragoon
High 3 > Hop 2 > Shinobi
Hop 2 > Cor 2 > Doppel

remember that you’ll have low evasion with hoplite so pain barrier is important

and btw, HL > Barb 3 > Doppel 2 isn’t really a spammer compared to highlander counter part.

in this build the ppl were talking about http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/sdyn41jd5h/ why do u think it is bad and what can be changed for the better.

what do u think about sword-pelt-barb2-c2-f?

Also Which of the 2 do u think is better DPS ? and why ?
1)HL3 > Barb 1 > Doppel 2
2)HL1 > Barb 3 > Doppel 2

I don’t really want to talk about that build but IMO what makes it bad is what he chose for rank 2 and skill distribution on hoplite. it also looks like mixed pvp/pve build

Highlander offers consistent DPS, and barb offers bursting. Warcry at Level 10 provided you got 10 targets is a big boost, same with frenzy but you’ll have to charge it.

you forgot to answer this “what do u think about sword-pelt-barb2-c2-f?”

I respect you wish for not wanting to discuss that build but i just cant find any fault with him even from pve point of view he still needs Sword 2 … I mean Pelt is out bec of her evasion and Highlander 1 is useless on its own… I’m not trash talking the build i just want to know more about why is it bad in other ppls views.

umm i find this weird Highlander only useful skill Skyliner is better than Seism, cleave and Helm ? I thought early rank skills don’t scale well into late game

PVE sword 2 really sucks, what do you get:

Restrain - pvp skill, can be used for pve but chance is low, stun duration is low, uptime is low

Gung Ho Level 5 to level 10 difference - 15 damage. you wasted a rank for 15 damage.
Concentrate Level 5 to level 10 difference - 8 damage and 10 more hits? concentrate doesn’t scale and applies last, again you wasted a rank for that

To sum it up you really get restrain and more pain barrier for SW2. and his build is a mix of PVP and PVE for a swordsman class, it’s doable but you will suffer.

Pelt:
Swash, 25% HP bonus is great, you’ll probably hold aggro anyway so use it everytime to keep it
Blocking benefits, no explanation needed

Addiotionally, what he took on hoplite is Synchro, and NO points at all on stabbing and pierce. Stabbing is very good to use with pain barrier on pve.

Highlander:
See buffed skyliner videos, the animation time is really low and damage doubles when enemies bleed, bleeding also scales with str.

Skyliner: 2 hits, bonus damage on bleeding no cooldown since you’re expecting ktos version

Barb:
Seism: Fake 3-hit skill, only the first hit does the real damage, I forgot the actual damage calculation here but it isn’t a real 3-hit skill, still useful for the large aoe stun and high base damage

Helm Chopper: Strike type, but this is inferior VS cartar stroke when you get to higher levels, still useful as a 1 point skill due to stun
Cleave: bonus damage on stunned enemies, crit rate, slash vulnerability

Yes, [quote=“trackthepast1996, post:13, topic:309301”]
sword-pelt-barb2-c2-f?
[/quote]
This is a good choice right now, but when rank 8 comes and fencer c3 is actually good you can’t get it right away. If Matador is out though it still might be viable

You won’t have a spammable pierce skill (composee) but you get Hexen Burst x2 and Sept Etoiles. And never forget, an additional cc through dust devil and flag benefits

its bad, he wants pvp, taking sw2 already bad, then he suggest taking 5 pain barier making it worst. pain barrier is the core of sw skills. he also get no bash (for real -.-)
sw3 is pvp build because you can have only 6-7s downtime in pain barrier, beside the restrain10, which is crucial in pvp because you dont want to get knocked down here and there.

also restrain 5 stun is very low compared to 10. I can almost always 1hit stun with restrain 10, while when i was sw2, i dont even use restrain because it didnt stun that much.
and as lostac said, 48-54s duration with 2min cd is meh, compared to 66-72s duration at lv10

what about this then ?

and thanks for the reply about the dragoon build…

I finally hit lvl 40 on my Sword-pelt atm… What should i buy ?? got 43k

thanks for the info :F

If you’re interested in fencers check this.
Pouncing is good (1-5) and warcry at 5/10 is a waste on barb c3

no points in preparation or composee is also a waste for the rank, that is the reason to go fencer 2 if anything

Read it be4, didnt know you were the author :smiley: , I have some questions for you

For the 3rd build the one with c1 corsair? I think C1 Corsair is useless so why did u pick it over the barb3?

I think I explained it before in this thread, it looks useless on paper, but flag and the attribute is very nice. Dust devil is also another CC tool. I lost pouncing and warcry though. I don’t like frenzy on fencers either so I took corsair instead.

I see, then i 'll take ur advice, btw what stats should i roll with ?

Going for sw c3>hl c2> fencer c2.