Tree of Savior Forum

Need help on build sw3 hopl2

Good day comrades!
havent played about a 6 month. Now the time has come!
got sword -sword-hopl-hopl-sword build . main goal was to take dopel and dragoon to make 2h spear restrain cyclons … but a lot has changed. Pls advise me what is better to go( main pvp ,secondart pve) sw3 hopl3 dragoon2 or mb something else???
ty

Well Sw3’s PB just got a really good attribute adding 5 more seconds in its duration.
Restrain’d Dethrone>S.Lunge>S.Throw(+bind att.) spam is still well and scary and have better burst, not as good as CataGoon’s Restrain+Trot Dethrone>Rush blitzing.
SpearThrow spam will be latency based tho(same with the other 0cd skills), due to skill animation and reuse delay(lag).

Cata are a general mainstay for PvP Swordies simply due to their mobility.
Cata>Goon2=BURST DAMAGE ranged? Dethrone! melee? Rush!
Cata>Goon>Lancer=technical/tricky side of Chavalry

i do not like mount so id prefer not to take cata\lancer
is there any other options?
but sw3 hopl3 goon2 is a nice option!
sw3-hopl3-dopel-goon still good? stun cylcons ?

Rank8 class/circles are really too good to pass up.
Not getting Goon2 means no Dethrone bursts and Serpentine att. to boost damage D:
A generic PvE HopGoon build is:
Pelt>Hop3>Dopp>Goon

If you’re willing to pop your reset a PvP based HopGoon goes as:
Sw2>Hop3>Sair>Goon2
-has Restrain for stuns
-IronHook/Dustdevil are strong disables
-can Hook>Stride as gap closer
-S.lunge/Serpentine to boost damage
-S.throw/Dethrone for ranged to melee bursts

Better call someone who has longer experience in the class and does regular PvP.
Summoning @DieHardLancer for advice.

Well… there’s also:

Sw3>HL>Barb>Dopp3

since you seem to like the idea of Restrain’d Cyclone, altho imo Dopps will really have a hard time in TBL situations, they’d be dead before they can stack DOV to provide bone chilling Cyclone damage.

My Dopp is an HL3>Barb and purely PvE, so can’t really vouch much on how useful/good Sw3>HL>Barb>Dopp3 is in PvP.

nah iam looking forward to try sw3 hopl 3 dragoon 2 … but i am 130 right now and have time to ask some advises from ppl like u and others. Ty for replies
i am 130 lvl sw 3 hopl 2 right now
invested 70 points in to STR, 70 uninvested. any ideas?
right now i am using Gspontoon + arde(yellow gem 5 lvl)
my headdress gives me 160 crit atk + 120 phys atk + 99 phys atk (seems that they buffed enchantments). got pretty nice dmg on regular mobs
should i go for a lots of str and get green gems for crit rate OR go for dex and abuse yellows?

Hello guys, i got one more question!
what gems(reds yellow or greens?) is better for STR build abd for Dex build ???
with new reworked gems i am kind of confused what to pick

If you’re gonna use it mainly for PVP, you have 3 options IMO for s HopGoon route:

Sw3 hop2 pel1 goon2 - most defensive
Sw3 hop2 sair1 goon2 - tactical play
Sw3 hop3 goon2 - pve hybrid due to spear throw (i’m following this build)

@Fuwaro has already pointed out the strengths of Sw3 especially in PVP, and why Goon2 instead of dop1 goon1 is always better.

As for gems, I prefer red on both weapon/shield due to the burst it provides to Dethrone which is your main killing skill. That is even if I’m a high DEX build.

If you like to see my build in action, feel free to check out my vids below:

ty for answer!
but can u explain why RED gems are better, and what stat build u r using?
is it better to take main stat STR and get greens in weapons + sheild or go for a lots of DEX and put red\yellow ???
when and why?
r u using 2h spear or 1h spear + karacha\shield in pvp and pve?

I use 1h spear + shield primarily because of PVP. While it’s nice to have a 2h spear on switch, it’s not practical once you start trancending your gears unless of course you have lots of $$$ to spend on this game. So its either you transcend a 2h spear or a 1h spear.

As for shield choice, lv.220 Didel Tower Shield gives you two slots for red gems which increases your pAtk. lv.315 shields are really great as well once you get to them (mDef & CON bonus is huge).

Yellow gems, while always nice for multihits on crit builds, only provides fixed damage after modifiers alongside elemental bonuses AFAIK. My focus was to stretch out my damage on Dethrone as much as I possibly can while still equipped with a shield.

DEX + yellow/red + pAtk bonuses seems to be the meta for pAtk builds right now, and there’s good reason for that.

DEX not only increases your crit rate, it also increases your accuracy which is essential in delivering killing blows to high eva builds like most archers. Imagine two of your Dethrone overheats missing.

It has a disadvantage though - you’ll lack block penetration which is also essential when going against most builds in this game (except archers where shield-wielders are rare).

Zero-STR works on cataphracts and lancers due to their skills/attributes that compensates the lack of block pen. Other classes may need to either put in some STR either through stat point or gear, as well as yellow gems on gloves and block pen bonuses from gears.

Got my stats reseted couple months ago, right now i investet 70 in str 30 in con and 30 in dex .
What stat build are universal?? str 100 con 100 sex 100 ?

Yes please :joy:

Keep pumping DEX from now on, leave it like that for the meantime. Crit from Finestra15(17 w/ zega(18w/ DM) gives you enough stat distribution leeway.
Due to Gem/Enchant/Trans update bonuses from STR(patk/critatk) and CON(hp/block) are easily covered by items now, while crit/eva stayed the same making DEX more valued.

Try to invest on +600-2khp costume headgears, and keep at hand four 5*-7* red gems you’ll socket that on your late game armor(2 for top, 2 for bottom) for your overall suvival.

1 Like

got 3 headgear with 99-160 p atk on all of them. 2k hp will save the me?

and got brandish + arde. is it ok for PvE ? or i need zega\geras\magas?

Got my hoplite circle 3 and i really like how spear throw works.
The question is what spear setup is better for spear throw pve ?
Got brandish +karacha, will geras + karacha do significant more dmg or pretty much the same?

Zega is optional to snapshot Finestra17

Yes, Geras is mainstay till you can Trans a endgame 315 spear.

1 Like

Geras will do a lot more damage than anything else. Plus while lvling from hop3 to dragoon you will be at truffles which are small mobs. Large and medium mob damage becomes insignificant.