Tree of Savior Forum

Musings on iToS Balance - Part II of V - Fun & Time Investment

The game is crawling with so many problems that trying to just isolate one is impossible, they’re part of a system and thus the system is the problem.

From non scaling damage, to this band aid fix that is transcendance. from the monsters giving almost the exact same experience throughout the first 280 levels to technical issues.

It just doesn’t help that the company in charge sucks so much at managing. Keeping us in the dark was such a brilliant move! The couple of betas they had, the bug reports and issues that were found back in 2015 and not addressed speaks so highly of them and their vision of the product, it’s hopeless.

3 Likes

Quote of week?

Anyways, IMC devs were sleeping during the early stages of the game. They could have isolated problems early on, but with the ongoing breaking of the game, one can only wonder what is causing what.

Transcendance was a mistake.
Ausrine (+Meltis) was a mistake.
Launching the game when it was clearly not finished was mistake.

I don’t see IMC salvaging iToS, good luck for them with kToS and jToS because iToS is done for.

I have 2 suggestions what they could do to reduce backlash if transcendence was removed from the game. Both very similar just different scenarios.

FIRST. Transcendence is removed completely from the game, another gear enhancing system is introduced.

• Add new system before removing transcendence for a set amount of time. (tr effectiveness could be removed thought but all the items and levels on equipment would be kept)
  • Open exchange shop npc where you could exchange your equipment with transcende. Or blessed shards/gems.
    • Exhanged weapons would be exchanged back to the same weapon without transcendence levels along with other rewards.
    • Other rewards could include items used in the new enhance system. The amount of items received would be corresponding with the level of transcendence and the amount of blessed items.
  • Depending on new system enchance system other exchanged rewards could be added in like gem, card lvlups, silver/gold anvils and so on, if the new systems items wouldn’t be satisfactory enough for people who farmed up to lv10 transcendence for example.
  • After set amount of time when people have had time to exchange their trancendence stuff, it will be completely removed from the game.

SECOND. Transendence is removed from the game, no new system involved.

• Similar exchange shop npc added to the game before the removal.
  • Option to choose the exchanged rewards between useful items like gem/card lvlups, anvils, dungeon resets, dungeon clears, exp scrolls etc. Maybe a new useful item specific for this exchange.

Of course obvious balancing measures should be done as well, I’m just stating some options that could reduce the backlash that removing transcendence would cause.
If players would be able to choose their convenience items they would get for exchanging their lv10 tr, they could more likely be satisfied by the change even when losing their progress, but gaining somewhat similar progress in return. Even players who didn’t invest so much in tr would gain something out of the removal if they at least have some items associated to it.

I just wrote this fast, sorry if it’s a terrible idea or badly written, I’m wrote it on my phone so. :confused:

edit. Don’t mind the first and second, using numbers made it auto number all the dots so I hope its easier to read this way, I’m too lazy to edit it better on phone sorry lol sorry for all the typos too :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actually okay with transcendence. Well mostly anyway, except for two things:

1. Less things should rely on RNGesus. Maybe implement a system where if you got no Pract after the Nth roll you will get it 100% on the next. Gosh, that seems so simplistic and stupid but I’ve got no better idea. The thing about ‘fun’ is that we need to know how much to ‘invest’ before getting rewarded in order to maintain that motivation and ‘fun’ feeling. RNG is not helping when you can’t even see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  2. Transcendence SHOULD NOT be mandatory. Okay, you will need trans for ET but for the love of God please don’t bar us casual’s way into R9 contents just because we don’t have enough alts to run through things.

Also, I think the EXP wall should be toned down a bit. My first impression about EXP cards was that I can use it anytime, in any way I want. The current design turns it to “u should’ve saved all teh cards for teh wallz lulz rekt” which is basically railroad. Oh yeah, they should also introduce a more varied range of gears with unique effects or whatever that can make me not wear Five Hammer.

1 Like

Hmm, this just might be me here but… here goes nothing.

Before Transcendence the game was fine but after this was introduced to the game it feels like it became like MapleStory(DamageStory). Taking this off the game will make the game more enjoyable due to party play and jobs being used to complete content but now with this, every man and women can do it anything which is not a bad thing but it defeats the purposes of the game.

This is just my opinion here.

2 Likes

slot-based transcendence is a good idea, so all the hard work (and RMT) carries forward. :grin:

white and blue 270 isn’t here yet and it has been months since Rank 8 release. IMC team too busy? :scream:

1 Like

Sincerely, would like to say thank you so much for your long and precious ‘Musings on iTOS Balance’ series. @STAFF_MAX will be posting an dev. blog interview with other devs regarding those kinds of suggestions and feedback that our players posted on the forum :smile:

9 Likes

The weapon “anvil” or upgrade system should’ve been trans and trans should’ve been non-existent. That probably doesn’t make sense but it does.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.