Tree of Savior Forum

Monk, Shinobi or Dragoon? (Choosing my class)

I usually play DPS/TANK/OFF-TANK classes in other mmorpgs (Monk in FF14) and debating whether to go as a Monk, Dragoon or Shinobi now… As there are no class resets in the game, I don’t want to make a mistake selecting the wrong class and hope to find the class that fits my playstyle… I generally prefer a character that can land one super massive powerful hit… Asura Strike, etc… One extremely powerful attack… Gale Bog from Dragoon seems to give me that option…

I’m torn between the 3 classes mentioned above because…

1. Monk is DBZ… Kamehameha and One punch man. But I don’t like how Monk has to use a hammer and shield…
  2. Shinobi is basically from Naruto… It will be interesting to see What Shinobi will get when he gets C3…
  3. Dragoon is Diarmuid from Fate… That Gale Bog!

After messing with the skill simulator I come down to these few choices:

MONK

1. Cleric 3 > Priest 1 > Monk 3 (Cleric 3 for Divine Might 10, Priest 1 for Resurrection)
  2. Cleric 2 > Dievdirby 2 > Monk 3 (Don’t really like the statues gameplay though, just doesn’t seem to fit my playstyle)
  3. Cleric 3 > Paladin 1 > Monk 3 (paladin for the restoration and magic resist)

DRAGOON

1. Swordsman 3 > Cataphract 3 > Dragoon (Swordsman 3 for buffs, Cataphract 3 because I want 2H spear skills)
  2. Swordsman 1 > Peltasta 1> Hoplite 3 > Doppel 1 > Dragoon
  3. Swordsman 2 > Hoplite 2 > Cataphract 2 > Dragoon (hoplite 2 for sinestra 10, pierce 10, stabbing 10)

SHINOBI…
no idea what build for this…

well, monks can use sword and dagger :grin:

1 Like

I think shinobi will be a 1 circle class. I might be wrong though, but hidden classes currently have only 1 circle.

Just heads up on the monk since a lot of people get dissappointed due to having high expectations on monk’s damage.

Monks in ToS dont do very high damage with the exception of energy blast doing multi hits. Monks in this game are the jack of all trades. They don’t do too high damage as wizards, swordies and archers and maybe some clerics like the druid and they don’t support as good as the other clerics. Monks are somewhere in the middle.

For me, monks are the perfect class if you want to play solo and even monks are really welcomed in parties due to being able to dish out respectable damage and even support the team hell, they can even tank with safety wall and golden bell shield. They can provide revive, resu and/or an aoe silence, 20% cd reduction etc.

This is all from what I’ve experienced. I could be wrong though. Its just that I enjoyed playing monk and it kinda hurts to see people saying monk is trash because they expect monks to kill things in 1 hit and such…

1 Like

After looking at the other threads, most notably how swordsman and how their subclasses perform at high levels 230+… Being unwanted in parties if you don’t take pelt 1 and become a mob puller…

I am really leaning towards Monk now going Cleric 1, Priest 3, Monk 3… instead? And hopefully the new Lama class will be better for Monk.

But I fear monks will be unwanted for parties too just like the swordsman subclasses. Because as a Monk, you can’t heal like how an outright support class can, you can’t DPS like an outright DPS class like that Snipe skill from musketeer… (One shot kill Wth… I CALL HAX!)

If anything One inch punch need to deal damage higher than Snipe from Musketeer.

I was actually considering buying the value pack and start playing right away… But… Don’t feel like it anymore after learning how unbalanced some of the classes really are.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well for Monk…

I’m considering Cleric 1, Priest 3, Monk 3 or Cleric 2, Priest 2, Monk 3…

How do you allocate your stat points?

Once rank 8 - 9 is out, do you think you will rank up cleric to 3 as well for the safety zone and heal?

That is of course, if the Lama class turns out to be another support class and nothing to do with the monk.

I don’t know… that Lama costume doesn’t seem very combat-like… More like a caster robe. But who knows? Maybe Lama will get a skill upgrade for One Inch Punch and turn it into Asura Strike?:grin:

Thanks…

Now my final decision…

I like how people mention Monks are good for soloing due to self-sustainability with the heals and even revive… Dragoon class will probably have to burn a lot of pots or sit around the bonfire compared to Monks.

THIS or…

http://49.media.tumblr.com/94ef9ee2b08ea3199093a9db2a08ae95/tumblr_nnqp5zaws81u21ng6o1_500.gif

THIS?
http://static.ilykecdn.com/uploads/2015/10/27/sub/70457-large-243767.gif

1 Like

monk can do great damage, the reason people say they get disspaointed is because they are only c1, on the class page it says it takes time to grow a monk. once you get to c2-c3 you will see how good it is. at c1 it is kind of lackluster.

here are the 2 most common monk builds:

cleric2>diev2>monk3 - easier than the other, has more dmg skills than the other, heal lvl 10 is better than mass heal due to cd and overheat, divine might and fade are awesome, you will still use diev skills end game when u solo, aima reduces energy blast cd by 12 seconds, one inch and energy blast are one of the heaviest hitting skills in the game, you will be suprised on how strong owl is, owl is king of dmg, carve is pretty srong too, u can also buy preist scrolls, which gives an advamntage over other build
cleric>preist3>monk3 - harder to level, stone skil will fall off, more for support, less dmg skills, harder time endgame but makes up for it (i guess) with ressurect, you wont use priest skills engame when you solo other than revive.

1 Like