Tree of Savior Forum

Monk question, for diev or priest? before monk

the question now here is does diev2 really that worth it? as in the silence statue is something i am kinda skeptical it will work well in pvp.

since if the person is inside the statue range, it will be silence but they can just move out of that statue location if i am correct. Also it affects greatly on melee but not that much on range since they can atk you outside the statue radius? i am not sure about that as i never see any pvp video or something with that silence statue up. Not sure about pve as i did not tested it before. Any input from diev players now?

any thoughts on this? regarding the owl statue is like a bonus but i guess the main star for diev2 is still about that silence statue.

that silence statue might be the regret that i ever take up diev2 for it or not taking up diev2 for it.

Thanks for letting me know about the silence on monk. Yea i agree that diev build will suffer on limited movement for the party but just wondering how good does priest buff in higher level?

Okay, you ask a lot of questions! XD
I’m currently playing a Diev c2, I’ll be uploading some videos to show you how the statues work.
Right now, the game’s major PvP content is the PvP Arena. The main resource you can get from Statues is ground coverage. You can easily block up to half of the PvP Arena from the enemy team, forcing them to walk into your Statue’s debuff zones. As a Monk, you do have to remember you have 2 ranged skills, and fighting around those skills inside your Statues should be your main PvP strategy.
For PvE, the Silence Statue is really f*ing strong. When the mobs are silenced, they do nothing but stand there and take damage, cause the statue also Taunts the mobs within its range to attack it(I’ll show you once I have the time to upload these videos, stuck at work right now xD).
And Owl Statue’s damage, I’ll also be uploading a video to demonstrate how strong it is if used properly, it’s also a great tool for ground coverage, because it’s range is ridiculous and it lasts for a really long time if lvl’d up!

awesome, thanks for the video in advance. This will convince me with diev tho LOL.

one more question, are taking this route?

c1>c2>diev1>diev2?

No, the build I’m doing is: Cleric>Priest>Diev>Diev>Monk>Diev>Monk.
Priest is mainly bc of Resurrection and Monstrance. Altho Blessing is nice so far.
@intothefantasy. Updated with class build

1 Like

ok thanks, possible if you can post your build as well?

Please do keep in mind that: Carve is lvl 5, Owl Statue is lvl 1(whereas I’d benefit the most out of maxing it because of how good the base damage scaling is), I also have 0 attributes on them(regarding +%).
Videos being uploaded right now, will edit this post with the Link for both videos soon. In the videos, I show the damage against a boss that I found questing, and thought it’d be a good way to demonstrate, since it’s Plate type and doesn’t take +% damage from Carve and Owl Statue(The game only placed one Owl apparently, guess the second one bugged out when I was carving) :
Damage against boss

I’ve also uploaded a video demonstrating how World Tree statue works, and with it, the damage of Owl Statue against regular mobs(I currently don’t have the higher range attribute on it, if you want to, I can upload a screen shot with the range later):
World Tree in action

2 Likes

first of all, thanks again for uploading the video. The craft damage is awesome and the silence statue is nice as well. I guess i will try for diev + monk in this case with some priest stuff in it like your build. You have totally sold me the silence statue there lol.

some question, do you ever consider getting some other class instead of getting diev3?

Well, I thought alot about getting PD at Rank 7, even tho I don’t think it’d be as good for PvE, it’s definely always a good choice for PvP. You’re trading your Party-wise Damage immunity to CC immunity and alot more solo survivability.
I don’t think Monk c3 good enough to skip on what those classes have to offer(Diev c3/PD).

PD stat wise etc are the same as monk? i always tot PD is like using INT mostly…

PD is mainly bc of Bloodletting and Healing Factor. Even tho Incineration is INT based, it’s really not the strong point of PD.

hmm seeing that, i am still thinking to go diev3 or PD then…PD looks interesting tho…more variety

Yea,it’s definelya hard choice. What made me decide was thinking that: Since PD is so common on FS builds and Dievdirbyis c3 is more unique anduncommon, you’ll hardly ever have its effect reduced bcof having another one in your Party.
The main reason why I don’t personallylike the Priest3 builds on Monks is because you’re straight up useless whenever partying with a FS(that obviously has Priest3). You’re offering nothing but the -okay- dps from Monk.

yea agree with you on that part. It makes us not that unique as we are quite like half bucket type of support, usually party will have another full support in this case and we should focus more on dps.

Whenever any1 asks you if Carve Owl is strong even without INT, show them this video XD
Carve Owl lv2, 0 attributes, STR based Cleric.
Carve Owl is OP

yup, will shove them the video for sure, bookmarking.

btw since we are talking about monk stuff here, just some couple question more.

was thinking about the end game for ToS. Frankly speaking, i just started and i am abit worry about the end game for monk especially since the damage for monk is not a great deal and is like a half bucket support type. Not sure if people will take them into parties or not but i still love monk.

not sure if you played the end game part before but i guess you are in a high level enough to evaluate high lvl dungeons etc with monk as a class here. Wanted to know your thoughts.

possible if you played in kToS before??

What u guys think about this build for pvp ?

And also I need to know if I’ll go full STR or put some points in DEX… please help me =D

It’s ok to have different opinions, but you probably shouldn’t base them on wrong information.

There are 2 Priest buffs that do not have 100% uptime, which will with FS + Priest3Monk. Stoneskin and Revive.

And mass heal is extremely useful at all times, whether you are in a party with 0-4 other priests, doesn’t matter.

So your “straight up useless” statement is straight up wrong.