Tree of Savior Forum

Mob Talk : AI Improvements

I’ve been seeing multiple talks about bad AI or crappy AI.

What are some of your “Want to see” or “Want to feel” if they were to improve AI?

What do you want AI to do to you?

(side note : with probably the revival of spawn rates soon, I want to be chased again and mauled to death again just to really feel the fun)

Zombies: BokorC1 is PAINFULL because of the horrible AI, zombies stop EVERYTHING to focus Stamina Trees, they change focus out of nowhere, they dont care if you are being attacked

Now about the other summons: Give more space between us and our summon so we can run more freely while he attack, make him focus who we are attacking or focus the monster who are attacking us. Make him fast, because currently he have like a 2-3 seconds of thinking before go in the direction of the monster

make the mobs aggro instant and infinite, it’s so annoying try to gather a bunch of enemies together when they randomly stop following you and some enemies aggro doesn’t activate instantly plus if they hit you they stop functioning for 10 seconds

I wish dungeons were more like thor volcano in RO where the mobber will go deep into the dungeon and come back with a huge mob and then you give yourself a fest of exp

After Reading the Title I though you wanted to have normal mobs talk < blame my brain if that sound silly :smirk:

that been said, shouldn’t this be in the Suggestion section of the forum…

are we talking all AI here?_?

ok, let me start…

Summons should have priorities that can be switched on an off…

things like, going back to help the summoner when hp is under x% < funny there are mods on other games for this too (prob an add-on can be made in the future if imc doesn’t)…

Monsters need to have a limit of how close they get to the warp (I suggested for the warp zones to have the same shield as the npc back in icbt2… but we all know how that went :|), there are maps here you die before you even load because the entrance is flooded with mobs that kill you instantly on spawn…

Tree root crystal should not be targetable, it should just give an aura to recover stamina faster. I’m tired of tabbing on my archer to get the correct mob, just to change to the tree crystal half screen away.

There’s something wonky about mob aggro for sure.

Sometimes I lured many mobs (without swashbuckling) then some random dudes run by and the mobs decide that those dudes give our more aggro than me, who is standing in their faces (and I’m a swordman for that matters)

Sometimes the mob will follow you really far if you run out of their sight, but decide to give up if you run slowly across the room they are in.

Sometimes mob just doesn’t respond at all, but I guess that is server lag

Well I’d like for them to not stand in place for like 5 seconds when aggroed, using their (mostly) useless abilities.

Then I don’t see why they should target my pet if it deals 1 damage.

All of these will always happen when you have reached you maximum aggro count, also known as Hate. You can see further explanation in this text I have retrieved from here: [Guide] Detailed Mechanics Overview

That way, additional monsters that start attacking you from that limit onwards will cause one of the other monsters previously following you to lose their aggro and just hit whatever is closest to them, regardless of the their threat generation. That’s exactly how @thailehuy described it actually :laughing: and it’s intentional. Swash Buckling can get you up to +30 hate at lv 15 :open_mouth:

I hope I have helped this discussion :smiley:

Thanks man, but I feel pets get a lot of attention even if no mob is targeting me. And I have the provoke passive and everything lol.

No not really. I farmed for a long time in roxona, I know. There are very few cases where I exceed the number of aggro, because the amount of mobs are not that many.

Even when I lured 4 mobs only, they would just randomly follow others.

And most of the time I can lure more than 5 mobs (mostly 6-8) because that’s the limit of my Rush skill.

I can make a video later to show it if you want.

Aggro is wonky for sure.