Tree of Savior Forum

Micro-stuttering / Game catches up when you stop moving

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time : Anytime

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Any

Bug Description :
When I move, I get a short freeze every 2 seconds or so, regardless of what map I’m in. It doesn’t happen more or less if I’m in town. Additionally, when I stop moving, the game will, every 2 seconds, adjust itself a few pixels to the right or left. I recorded a short video showing both of those things.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Move.
  2. Stop moving.

Screenshots / Video :
Video: http://puu.sh/ocBrt/6081a09306.avi

System

• CPU : i7
  • RAM : 8GB
  • Graphics Card : GTX 750 Ti
  • Internet Connection : Fast
2 Likes

No one else experiences this?

New video that shows the jittering after I stop moving: http://puu.sh/oe8Fo/485c159895.avi

As far as I can tell, it seems like the game needs to adjust where my screen is looking every 2 seconds because I either move faster than it thinks I should, or slower than it thinks I should? I’m not sure.

I’m experiencing exactly the same symptoms that you are. This is a game breaker for me. I’ve abandoned the game before i could even start. Hope there would be a solution.

Bumping until a staff member replies.

Same issue on m’y side.

I have near same system configuration, but m’y graphic card is a Nvidia GTX 970.

Tested With à combination of full screen / Windowed mode, anti aliasing/high texture / Bloom / high particules options, low / auto / performance mode

Nothing avoided / reduced that issue :frowning:

Believe me when I say there is not a single in-game or Nvidia setting that solves this.

The only thing I haven’t tried is messing with the config file that defines some camera features, since the issue seems to be camera related.

This is the already known FPS issue by community, the graphical options on the game needs to be improved, since it is not even working properly, causing the stuttering issues and also huge fps drops.

This game is badly optimized. My computer pretty much runs this at over 200 FPS consistently, but I still get it. Even limiting the FPS to 60 FPSwith VSync. It’s better, but nothing to brag about. It takes a while to optimize a game.

This issue has been present since closed beta, they had plenty of time to fix it. It’s not even in the known issues list.

“A while”

Especially with a launch such as this, which is depressing.

I also have had this issue since I began playing founder’s release.
I also agree it’s nigh unbearable, and it’s disheartening that it hasn’t been officially addressed.
I also have had FPS over 200 and still encounter this issue.
I also have tried this game on a G751JT, G751JY, and a 2nd gen i5 2500k w/Nvidia GTX 670
I also seek a solution, and have tried just about everything except selling my soul and firstborn.
:’( Halp…

The most annoying part is their unwillingness to even acknowledge the issue.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@GM_Francis @GM_Sebastian @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_J @STAFF_John @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Shawn @TOSTeam @hkkim

We are still having this issue, please address. Thank you.

have same problem last days.
only on 1 pc. 2nd on my job, with much weaker configuration, and all works good.
but in prime time i playing only at home, so maybe it just lags.

game now unplayable for me every day after 10pm (server side).

Fcking bs game!

Ping < 1
FPS 30-100
Internet speed : 20mbps
Laptop : 2015 Razer Blade 14" GTX 970M i7 16gbram SSD

micro stutters cannot run indun this is founders pack full of shtt
tried anything in google doesn’t help

Edit: Ping is usually 0.2-0.3 which translate to 200-300ms

I’m still having this issue, but I noticed something interesting.
The camera skipping when it’s trying to center itself on your character after moving doesn’t appear to happen when the nvidia driver is removed, replaced with the Microsoft Basic Display driver. However, this reduces your FPS to less than 6.

Laggy camera w/nvidia driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke39BQJi964
Fluid camera w/basic driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI78UsdHKrs

Try to get staff’s attention on that then, it may just be that this game sucks ass at using Nvidia drivers.

I’m not convinced the Tree of Savior staff pays any real attention to the majority of threads. Anyway, I’ve contacted Nvidia support to report the issue and my findings, hopefully they’ll fair better with assistance. :\