Tree of Savior Forum

[MAJOR COMPLAINT] Market now requires cash to use

If they do that the game will die after its launch lol probably year at most and this no trading feature with only cash to trade reminds me of pso2 where 1 rich cash spender can monopoly the whole game economy

See, this is why we can’t have reasonable conversations. The easier droprate bit your referring to (and the rest of your post since you dont seem to at all refer to any point I make), is my response to Korean

MAPLESTORY

Not Tree of Savior. I bolded it and made it bigger in case anyone else misread the post.

Please read the rest.

Wut?

My response is to @Luculyia. You can click the little avatar on my post of @Luculyia to see what I was referring to in my 5 points. I was explaining what happened in Maplestory, and made it clear that I am (and NEXON KR) NOT relating this to Tree of Savior. I’ll quote that bit for you, sadly I can’t bold and make quote bigger:

And who the hell is saying ToS is going to go into MS 2.0, what does that even mean?

Please, once again, read it all. Try to understand what you’re reading. At this point I’m going to just flag your posts till you put a reasonable point related to the topic here.

Actually i doubt that.

It’s certainly not “per item” but “per use to set it in”.

You can set up to 100? or more right?

And items for recipes need to be worth more.
The market was filled with trash, low priced stuff and totaly underprized stuff.

People even sold below NPC prices … before adding the cut from the market.

And last but not least, this means money generation will take longer and function as a time grinder.

xD. Lets just hope that the price of the coins is realisticaly.
Hopefully you can gain some by ingame means too ^^.

We will see how it plays out~

Hi guys, please don’t attack Fate and keep things civil. All he was doing is showing the rationale why companies may have gone into that direction by using KMS as an example. In fact, he explicitly said that given how different KMS and ToS are, following in this direction would not be a good thing.

Good points Fate, but I wouldn’t downplay the importance of removing player trading. Some people (not me though) value it due to other reasons like social interaction, avoiding tax, helping friends, avoiding items being snagged off AH etc. On the point about certain things having a ‘hidden potential’ and thus limited trade, I would disagree with having that in the first place. Still not really a good reason to remove trade imo.

As for the market place change, I am still quite uncomfortable with premium services for marketplace. The market should be open and accessible as far as possible to promote a vibrant and fair economy. In economics, ‘barriers to entry’ tend to encourage monopoly which would be a serious dampener to a healthy economy. I’m glad we agree that the implementation is flawed. I believe there should be other ways to prevent selling gold - even with this change it might still be profitable for those farmers to sell gold if they have a huge profit margin, as you have mentioned.

I think it’s very important to stop gold farmers but without a method that stifles genuine trade, or the economy is going to suffer.

7 Likes

just ignore the other guy, i can smell a troll, so dont feed it

anyway.

i dont know about this kinda thing being ok, anyone that pays for the premium would end up controlling the market and can jack up or bring down prices pretty severely to fight any competition, only the few who are paying will ever be able to sell hard and make big $

with this system it seems like it will be the “rich getting richer the poor getting poorer” kinda deal, imagine paying alchemists being able to sell in bulk and drive down the prices vs non paying alchemists, only the “upper class” players get the privilege to sell freely, its not pay to win but its more like pay to get rich, which imo sounds just as bad

this is all hypothetical though, i agree on the trading thing and trading being barely used these days, but market exclusivity sounds like a bummer to me.

2 Likes

That’s also true, and something I completely missed. I don’t disagree with no player trading, but can understand why people would find it great.

I think practically, as an MMO, it’s something a game should have.

But with ToS’s trading restrictions before this patch, its something that wasn’t optimal. Trading once locked away recipes, hats, materials. Trading gear makes you lose the oh so necessary potential that gear has. It’s really just a big hassle, and removing it limits away one really big way gold sellers can make money.

That being said, losing out on the social interaction, avoiding tax, helping friends, etc is also a pretty big deal.

Personally I think most of that can be dealt with by having a shared guild storage.

So what if trash was put in? Lots of people need that trash sooner or later, as the saying goes “Another mans Trash is another mans treasure”. Also if people sold it below NPC price, that’s they’re fault, not the buyers. In all means this hurts the playerbase and the economy a lots of ways and have very very little benefits.

Yeah the market change is really touchy. I don’t like how they implemented the changes, and what I gave was a suggestion for fixing it in some way.

At the very least they can just follow every other f2p and limit it by slots/higher tax, but I completely agree that the way it is now, is very bad.

1 Like

Reminds me of pso2 and maple all overagain

And I tought having trades costs potential is bad.

In all honesty, this game does not need p2w at all. There are so much style based options that all they need to do is get many players through a fair gameplay system and then sell some nice and special hadgears, costumes, pets and other skins for some real cash.

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.