Tree of Savior Forum

Looking for Decent Paladin build, this one still viable?

I’ve been adding attributes points STR/SPR at abour 3:1 is there a better way to be assigning those points? Assuming this build is even still viable.

Ultimately I’m looking to be able to do decent damage while maintaining good survivability and bringing something to the group environment.

I also have no idea where to go for Rank 7, maybe Plague Doctor or Chaplain?

Any and all information will be very helpful I’m having a rough time settling on a character cause of soooo many class choices :stuck_out_tongue:

i think its better to invest in DEX rather than SPR

Yeah? I was thinking that! Alright, I can do that, thanks!.. Seem like a decent build otherwise though?

I never played using a DEX Paladin for long but based on what I know from researching and testing in game I recommend you to keep STR as your main stat if you are going for a melee build, your dps skills scales with STR and you will get a +10% of it per rank.

You can’t go for Chaplain if you don’t have Priest C3, and if you plan to have Priest in more than one rank anyway I suggest getting C3 for Heal Mass 10.
I believe you will make better use of your paladin if you can heal decently, so think about having Heal 10 (Cleric C2) or Mass Heal 10 (Priest C3). By choosing Cleric C2 you would have an extra rank to fill, you can have Priest C1 if you want Resurrection (why you didn’t get this skill in your build simulator?). I suggest Diev C1, but this is my personal preference!

Take a look at this guide, it can be useful to help you building the paladin you want:

Thanks for the info!

I didn’t grab resurrection cause from what I heard it didn’t really serve much of a point.

I wasn’t looking to go full Dex, more STR/DEX 2:1 or 3:1

builds are so crazy in this game I really have no clue where to go lol probably going to restart my character soon and see if I can figure out something better.

I’m actually about to start a priest c3 > pally c3 character building full strength.

I just have a hunch I’m going to have awesome auto attack dmg with blessing and sacrament, with a ripping awesome smite and conviction due to strength stacking.

Tack on all the group support that comes with it…safe to say I think it’ll be an effective build, but yeah. I’m always open to more experienced player criticism.

Here’s my advice: Don’t.

Priests only get decent dmg via chaplain’s aspergillum, blessing/sacrament are irrelevant vs 50k+ hp mobs.

Priest3 and paladin3 don’t have synergy to begin with anyway, opposite to it they tend to shine in opposite scenario’s and have to much overlap.
(skill dmg vs auto attack, barrier vs stone skin, pala sucks in pvp and priest shines there. Restoration is better with heal lvl 10, etc etc.)

And you’d waste your r7 option.

When you’re not smiting or using conviction…you’re auto attacking, so I don’t see your logic behind them being useful in “opposite” scenarios. Also, barrier is way better than stoneskin, and I wouldnt even be skilling stoneskin…

Smite and Conviction are physical related spells, and neither Krivis nor Cleric have any synergy with a physical based build, priest is easily the most logical partnership to a smite paladin.

You can get major dual wield damage too if you get a good off-hand in combination with sac/bless.

Why am i even surprised?

Either way Restoration affects each heal tile, cleric2 lvl is for that reason a very good option for paladins.

Secondly in terms of physical dps options, you got Dievdirby for a 5hit carve attack and a 20% cd reduction statue. Or even one rank of monk for double punch.

And you are vastly overestimating how much dmg a priest adds.
I ran with a arde dagger, cafrisun set and maxed blessing/sacrament in icbt2, I am speaking from experience that this is shitty dmg past 150. Esp for dmg skills.

I wouldn’t say that priest is the most logical partnership to a smite paladin. It’s a possible option, yes, but definitely not the best, it doesn’t work as you are expecting - this was already mentioned, some of your buffs as a Priest C3 are not that helpful for damage later in the game if you aren’t getting Chaplain.

Of course it’s nice trying new combinations and experiment, but if you are aiming for a successful build you need to consider the facts and make conscious choices.

Read again what Wurmheart said about the synergy of Restoration x Heal and the other better options for damage, think about it. :slight_smile:

Then what is the most logical partnership for a physical paladin?

Everyone’s all about rejection without any advice to give in its stead, which doesn’t come off as “facts”, just subjective condescension.

Wurmheart’s anecdotes on the performance of the build don’t line up with other players I know who played to level cap trying it.

As I said before, imo the most logical combination for a STR paladin is a Cleric C2 > Diev C1 combination, it’s a matter of synergy and how to make the best of your skills and stats. My opinion about this build is based on what I saw around and my own experience with paladin, so that’s why I say what I say.

So, if you say that priest is the most logical partnership to a smite paladin at the moment, what exactly am I missing about it? Because now you sounded very sure about it.

I think that the most logical path is giving up on any dmg capabilities and going full support on Paladins :c
The dmg skills are good enough to solo atleast. When I played in icbt, only having high Dex actually increased significantly my dmg, now that Smite base dmg is so much higher, I dont even think it’s worth it STR anymore, I’d rather run a CON:SPR build with priest 3 Pala 3

Thanks everyone, I rerolled Archer cause I can’t seem to get a Cleric build that works however I am looking at maybe this build:

Is it the case that DEX is useless now? Or is that wrong? I was thinking going STR/DEX with this build.

Thoughts?

Hi, I am very interested about what you said. Do you think It would be hard to leveling on my own following this build? (priest 3 Pala 3)

Priest3 Pala3 looks pretty awesome to me, but I know nothing about higher levels, and it seems like people are saying to avoid it at those higher levels, I dont wanna get up there in level only to realize my build sucks :stuck_out_tongue: so I don’t dare

Eh, I leveled as a Priest c2 Pala c3 in icbt to 180 and I wasnt that hard, as long as you keep your cafrisun set nicely upgraded you’ll be fine imo.

The order of when you get c3 priest or pally can vary depending on how you wanna do it. In this tree I’ve skilled only what I believe to be the absolute necessary skills that define the build, all the extra skill points remaining are the “your pick” points, although there are some obvious choices to make.

Smite has an extremely short CD, just because the build takes a small pride in powerful auto-attacks doesn’t mean you won’t be using skills often. The power in this build comes from a very “spammable” smite, combined with party DPS support. You’re boosting not just your own damage, but your party’s with Bless and Sac. You have debuffs on the boss as well with deprotect zone and potential monstrance. You can toss spot heals, and give the party defensive support with restoration and resist element, but most of all, you’re boosting all of their damage to boot which is the most important thing to pretty much everyone.

Would you ever hate having someone keep blessing and sacrament on you? I doubt it.

This build does that while providing great support DPS by itself.

It’s not meant to be a DPS powerhouse in and of itself, it’s a DPS support build that makes your party stronger while keeping up. A hybrid. The way a Paladin should be approached.

No person in their right mind wanting to play Paladin should be approaching it with a “I want to match other pure dps classes and anything that doesn’t help to do that is crap” mindset.

1 Like

Oh, that was a nice reply!

What I’m saying is not this if you read things again.

What I say is that priest buffs didn’t work that well later, they didn’t improved nothing in a very noticeable way, I had a better experience when I changed the build. I felt that filling the support bit as Cleric C2 was worth it because in only two ranks I covered a decent heal (and each tile healing is improved by Restoration effect) and got skills that were always useful to me: Safety Zone, Divine Might and Fade.

It’s not bad at all being a healer that can deal damage and protect your allies, this set is actually great to aid your party principally later - it also gives you a smooth solo experience.

By choosing Diev your are not going for a DPS focused build, it’s just a good way to combine that rank with a support STR build - you get two buffs and one skill which scales with STR and has low CD + overheat3. As Paladin C3 you have both dps and support skills, then combining this feature in your previous ranks and taking advantage of your high STR is, yes, a good option.

When I tested a Priest + Paladin before it was my first choice and I learned a lot about my priorities when supporting a party as paladin, that combination didn’t feel right to me, priest was not helping paladin to shine and vice versa (I will always love resurrection skills though < /3).
Of course having many buffs is nice, but how effectively they will improve a party dps and defenses? I believe there are other nicer combinations for Priest C3, combinations that, when aggregated, will make all these buffs work much better. And for paladin, there are also other combinations of ranks and stats that will make the class shine in its own way.

The class system we have here is interesting because it encourages us trying many different ways for similar ideas and it’s inevitable that this will lead to distinct conclusions and preferences. Obviously I will base my suggestions on what I saw/experienced, and logically this also reflects what I consider important for a successful build.

I have my reasons for that, and clearly you have yours to believe that Priest C3 is the most logical choice - it doesn’t mean I think “NO! It sucks forever! Unplayable!1! aaaaah” but I would still not call it the most logical choice. If you like playing paladin in this way and vouch for it’s great utility then… well, go for it and talk about it! If people do conscious choices things usually go right for them.
I think that paladin needs more attention (and a hug) and if we have a rise in its variety of builds, combinations and style it will only do better.

In the end it’s all about different points of view and play style!

1 Like