Tree of Savior Forum

Looking for a Swordman DPS Build

Hello,

Im a returnign Player and want to play a DPS style gameplay. Can you suggest me for Swordman some DPS builds with skills? I have no special class and rank in mind because I like them all though from the look^^.

thanks in advance.

For Dragoon, Sw1 Pel1 Hop3 Dop1 Dragoon2 is the DPS PVE meta. Sw3 Cata3 Dragoon2 for PVP. There are other variants as well:

Feel free to browse the forums for other Dragoon builds.

THank you. Also I have one more Question Which stats should I up? Even though in the Guide f.i. Fencer PVE build you linked the stats are not explained

It’s in section 4 of the spreadsheet.

Anyways, IMO:

For CON, at least 30 invested points for PVE only. At least 50 invested points for PVE/PVP balance. 90+ invested points for PVP focus. There’s no exact value. Just aim for the bonus i.e. when you put a point, it adds 2 points to the total.

The rest goes to DEX. Based on my personal experience both PVE and PVP having rolled 3 swordies, STR is still unnecessary.

1 Like

For PvE:

Fencer 3, Dopple 3, Dragoon 2

For PvP:

Cata3 into Dragoon 2 or Cata3 into Lancer.

1 Like

Will back this up, STR is pretty much useless. Better to take DEX and get your damage from gems+transcendence.

1 Like

Thank you, even though it sounds strange to me^^ to not stat str for dmg builds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Really? What if you’re a doppel? I’m still using a full STR build D:

One of my guildmates went and charted all of the damage and critical equations and how they’re affected by gems and gear. I’ll try to get the charts form him and post 'em here.

Basically, STR scaling just doesn’t provide as much damage output as the crits from high DEX + yellow/red gems does. The only point at which STR surpasses DEX in damage is when you’re using Level 10 or higher gems. Roughly until that point, you just get more out of DEX.

I don’t update the guide anymore but most of what I’ve written there should still be correct (except for the gears, I believe new ones came out)

check #4 for stats