Tree of Savior Forum

Let's talk about GTW and how to improve it

Making It an instance with 15 vs 15(same people cannot reenter) maps. Whoever wins the 15 x 15 (conquering the castle) gains a point for their guild. Who ever has the most points by the end of the gtw period wins the castle for the week.

3 Likes

But removing the castle in the middle. Id rather have various different instalations that you have to conquer throughout the map. Sorta like dominion (league of legends).

Removing this 50% damage reduction can already make the Boss buff less oppressing.

Also, the thing about if you hold the territory for like 55min and in the end you lose its a full loss.
Making it “harder” to siege is another way to improve the reason on taking early a map.
One idea is making the 1000 points needed go bigger as the time passes.
Like:
For every extra stack on Guardian Buff it will increase 150 on points required to domain the map:
1000/1150/1300/1450/1600/1750/1900 (on 7 stacks)
It could be less, but this already would give more weight in taking control early of the map.

1 Like

I really like this!

Maybe both teams can alternate between defending a spot and attacking it, and there’s a period where they have a chance to set up the defences they’ve got? This would give weaker guilds a chance to use mechanics to counter zergs.

Also the game needs allegiances so that allies can team up. Afaik there’s no way to ally with other guilds to avoid hitting each other in GTW right now.

This. A guild holding a spot should not be allowed to get a second one. This should ensure that

1. Guilds go early to capture and not wait for the last minute to swarm a map
  2. Guilds with lower numbers get a chance to capture a map
  3. More strategy will be required (which map you go for? which guild to fight if you don’t have a map? do you defend a map in full force or control another in case you lose your map?)
  4. Boruta sees more people each week

This is actually untrue.

I would love another GVG mode which is more like a king of the hill or a points-reduction/tower destruction/instanced GVG like the original incarnation at the end of 2016 though.

Keep in mind that there are already GTW changes that we don’t have.

1 Like

What kind of changes we don’t have?No matter the changes the fact is that THEY NEED TO FIX THE LAG AND DESYNC!!!

People like me have Beast to Good PC specs and fast to decent internet speed yet the game isn’t optimized well for players to do GTW properly or Boruta(Some can but the majority can’t even with an amazing rig).

You need to use addons and turn off most your settings to reduce the lag and desync…what kind of game has the same issues for years and yet their patches of optimization still feels like nothing has changed at all!:joy::rofl::sweat_smile::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

3 Likes

Could you share those changes? I’ve heard people talking about them since I created the topic but I couldn’t find them nor they could remenber what was changed.

This is untrue. The entire hour is very important. I’d explain why but people operating with this mis-conception helps us win GTW =p

Maybe making GTW last 30 minutes would be nearly the same but less boring.

Ahh yes, understandable…
last time you revealed super secret information it was… quite something

emoticon_0008

That was a fun thread, if it was to happen again now it would just be flagged into oblivion :c

As for the topic, 6 maps is too many, reduce to 5 or 4.

1 Like

I know right :confused:
Flag abuse against everyone is weird…

But i think we should stay/return to the threads topic. Some flags are legit.

How would you adjust Boruta loot?

just make it 4 ranks

rank 5 is a booby prize as it is

1 Like

That’s another good point… they could update the GTW+Botura rewards. They are not bad, but its been a long time and there are more new items we need, or things have more value+demand like graydusts. Hopefully balance it well, but the details off that are on IMC.

1 Like

We should have custom maps for GTW like RO’s agit

1 Like

You mean when you guys stopped claiming Boruta was bugged because you learned what was actually happening? :haha:

Flag this post too you literal clown.

1 Like

nah when i made the topic about the blood pools

1 Like

see

emoticon_0008

close but you gotta work harder to earn your flags

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.