Tree of Savior Forum

Late game warrior

Hello guys! I wanna create a new char and think swordsman class is a standart choose, but some people say me the swords class became weak if compared with others class. Its true?

Yes late game swordsman are a one of in a party and their purpose is to use swashbuckle (taunt) and pretty much nothing else as far as PVE goes.

Thanks for answer! I’m looking for a fun class in the PvE but seems in late game will be pretty boring play as a swords, have you any sugestion?

I would suggest not swordsman, however most of my swordsman knowledge is from playing with them and not as them.

But if you really want to do swordsman @Cathexis has a thread where the better swordsman players are helping other players with builds and discussing them in general.

That would be your best bet if you want to be a swordsman.

You can suggest my an non-swordsman class, i don’t want only be a taunt guy in the future hahaha, i’m open to do any class

Okay well you want a PVE class and im guessing a DPS build? Aoe? single target focus?

I’m solo leveluping so single target focus will be hard to up, i think
Something like AoE and DPS that can survive solo will be nice.

solo only gets you so far in this game then you really should group if you want to lvl effectively in the high lvls.

But archer builds tend to lean towards single target and mages towards aoe with a few exception ranks on each side.

If you want a Aoe focus your more then likely going to end up with a mage build. The typical aoe mage is wiz3>ele3>warlock you could do other builds as well but this is the generic “good” aoe build.

Also don’t worry about survive ability much because mage builds run a lot of con in most cases.

I tried wizard but don’t see that fun especially if is wiz3 but i can try again, but don’t see as a fun pve class…

btw thank you for the help! I really apreciated it!

I suggest you don’t listen to people that say bullshit just from reading.
that guy above misguide you. and no offense. but he know nothing.

I am 228 Dragoon, and i’m having a blast.
In party you are not only “tank” you also dps, and inflict status effects.
and beside, you better chose what you like to play.

there is much more then just “swash buckler” and block.

and if you wonder, no matter what class you picked, at level 200+ it become party game, trying to solo will take ages, and lot of sitting on bonefires.

in a full party the most effective is swordsman, and cleric.
the rest you take just for pure DPS. in some cases also CC.

I suggest you go with swordsman ! it’s great class and really fun !

aside from that, each class bring unique addition to a party.
in short it’s
Archer for Damage over time.
Mage for Crowd Control, Damage.
Cleric for Party defense, Damage.
Swordsman for Tank, Damage.

so no matter what class you will pick, another class will do better at something else. it’s up to you what you want to bring to the party. and what you love doing the most.

To really enjoy swordsman you need to lead your party.

1 Like

There is quite a lot of hyperbole regarding the issues (numerical and mechanical) that Swordsmen face at higher levels, but that doesn’t mean that those issues don’t exist.

In regards to the OP: yes, the Swordsman class does struggle to fill the damage-dealing role that many of our class circles are designed around. However, the mechanical issues that we face can be mitigated somewhat by learning proper character/skill positioning, and our damage-scaling issues can be mitigated by synergistic circle choices.

Unfortunately, damage-dealing Swordsmen do not have a definable niche in party play. We have the ability to pick up mobbing utility in Swashbuckling, but if you don’t make that choice, then there is not much else you can bring to a party aside from sub-par damage. There are many parties out there who may take you purely for your damage-dealing ability, but most of the time they would rather have a swashbuckler due to the convenience it brings.

2 Likes

I told him where to get swordsman info if he wanted it.

Never said you couldn’t dps just that you would be inferior to archers and mages by a large margin and if they were available they would be taken over you. And you can argue till your blue in the face but this will remain fact until we have balance patches.

1 Like

Cataphract 3 dragoon 1 deals quite a bit of dmg and can be also pretty tanky.

You are not a pure tank, but you are tanky enough to mob train. Your dmg is pretty good too, but you will use a crap ton of mana pots.