Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

watch this be some sort of dancer class or something xD
and were all here going crazy about another martial artist

1 Like

inb4 archer hidden class

Muay Thai, most likely Kappa

Letā€™s not pretend any class with any religious connotations whatsoever has to be a Cleric class. Many of the classes are based on some real-world type of soldier or rooted in mythology, and since mythology and the majority of wars throughout human history are deeply interwoven with religion itā€™s not really possible to separate the two.

For example, Featherfoot isnā€™t a Cleric class and neither is Templar, even though either of them could have fit just fine. Thaumaturge literally translates to miracle-worker, which sounds like a Cleric to me. Similarly, Bokor couldā€™ve been a Wizard and Paladin couldā€™ve been a Swordsman, and I doubt anyone wouldā€™ve found it strange. Monk in the videogame sense of being an eastern martial artist is often not given a religious affiliation, they chose to go that way with it in Tree of Savior. That doesnā€™t mean every martial artist class will be a Cleric. We already know about Luchador which has no religious connotations at all, so Clerics donā€™t have a monopoly on hand-to-hand combat (Barbarian already has a little hand-to-hand too).

Finally donā€™t forget the simple fact that every character in this game is some kind of holy warrior. Youā€™re literally running around doing the bidding of some goddesses for the entire game. Doesnā€™t matter if youā€™re a Priest or a Barbarian, youā€™re religious as ā– ā– ā– ā–  bro.

All that being said, Iā€™d probably guess itā€™ll be a Cleric class simply because Monk needs something thematic to advance into, but I donā€™t think itā€™s a given just because there might be some religious or spiritual origins to it.

4 Likes

just to correct, paladin would be cleric in this game due to lore
and bokor couldnt be wizard because bokor is based on religion (entirely based on religion too) lol

featherfoot doesnt have much to do with religion either bcuz its mostly mythology rather than religion
and templar idk why it isnt a cleric class, maybe bcuz of the skills?

A hackapelle should primarily be a swordsman too, but I guess heā€™s just saying we can keep an open mind and that it doesnā€™t have to be cleric just because muay thai is religious.

On another note, Iā€™m still hopeful itā€™s actually a hidden wizard class. Cleric has two hidden classes already anyway, and wizard has yet to have a hidden class thatā€™s a major pain in the ass to unlock (I know some people had trouble with unlocking runecaster too but itā€™s not as bad as shinobi, miko and appraiser probably). Thereā€™s a lot of martial arts based media where spiritual force and ki is the primary source of strength over actual physical strength, so I think the idea isnā€™t absurd. I also really want to see a wizard capable of using patk and crit, it has some nice synergies with already existing wiz classes like chrono thaum and even cryo.

EDIT: Staves are also actual weapons used in martial arts, it would be interesting if they can somehow incorporate that into its theme. Though of course the teaser silhoutte shows no weapons so I might be getting ahead of myself.

The templars were Roman conquerors more than anything. ā€˜ā€™ Oh! we are on Godā€™s side but we kill anyone who does not share our creed ā€¦ twisted religion without spirituality ā€˜ā€™ ā€¦

In short, they were more conquering warriors than religious ā€¦ the opposite of the bokor or any other acolyte class, if you look at each acolyte class it is more religious in the extreme of worship/spirituality and ceremonies not of war or combat including the monks ā€¦ although I would like to see the monks using a large shaolin bacchus xD

And just in case someone asks the paladins are people who defends hard to noble cause not by war or convenienceā€¦ no palatineā€¦

Oh btw due to this ā€˜ā€˜hidden class speculationā€™ā€™ I was wondering isnā€™t this supposed to be another rank 8 class as they have stated to release future classes as rank 8 and one at a time. o-o so 2 circles aka not hidden. Just a thought.

Starting from this update, any new classes will be considered as Rank 8 classes in order to provide numerous character progression paths. The maximum character rank will still increase from 8 to 9, meaning each character will be able to advance into a maximum of 9 classes, including the Circle 2 of current Rank 8 classes. They will be implemented separately from the level expansions and other new content updates.

but this time weā€™re releasing a smaller set of 4 new classes (1 per class tree). This is because, in future rank updates, our goal is to start introducing one new class each time.

Everyone is secretly hoping itā€™s a hidden class so that itā€™s a one rank class lol.

Ahh I see. Honestly would be nice to have equal number of hidden classes, or just more in general.

1 Like

What you said is true though, it might not be a hidden class. I meant the previous comment as a joke just to be clear.

:distinguished:

1 Like

For me i want that class to combo with Diev; just because diev is the only one i did not have , and iā€™m bored again and since diev miko SPR seems to have a very solid gameplay, i would be more than happy to build one if that new class combo with it; maybe this would to make me play the game everyday again.
Now if that is in fact a hidden one, i would build a chap-miko-her, just for the lolz of having 3 hidden in the same char, hahaha.

I hope itā€™s a STR/DEX class. I hate all the SPR/INT classes in the Cleric Tree, and i love the idea of physical Damage as a Cleric

maybe IMC could put a twist on it as well and add it as warrior rank 8 class or hidden as well , where it focus on AA type builds, maybe with a modify stance like double gun stance but with kickā€™s/punches where once you active it your AA would use kickā€™s + normal atk animation, to combo with corsair dwa; would be nice as well, haha.
edit: ops it just got me that this stance would be epic for cleric as well, for AA chaps builds, since imc loveā€™s to make archer and cleric works good with AA, and now with enchanter wizard as well, every class besides swords have a AA Viable type build.
maybe it could really come for swords and be with stance type skill so swords can finally do AA in a good way as well(let me dream a little in it. hahah)

I like the idea of hidden classes but now that IMC may be adding Master classes (assuming they actually take up a circle) Iā€™m not sure I care to see anymore added to the game. I would rather see development time put into adding more rank 8 classes and balancing less desirable old classes.

1 Like

I can understand their reasoning at least for adding master classesā€¦ Reworking old classes doesnā€™t always involve the art and animation team and they need to keep busy. And there is justification for mastery classes to bump up old lines of spells for late game use (in before more hats).

But I feel you about the work on old classes. Still a lot of bad design to fixā€¦ Even without the great reworking and buffs some parts of classes are just poorly designed stillā€¦ Flesh strike is a pet peeve of mineā€¦ Extremely low matk and hits per minute. Simply insane corpse cost, and it rarely detonates correctly when youā€™re trying to get it to AoE off the shog. The client simply isnā€™t tracking the summons location and/or flesh strikeā€™s hit location accurately cooldown is too long, and the cost is too high, and honestly the damage is not that great either considering itā€™s a single hit so bless etc arenā€™t doing any dmg with it. It needs to get the same love demon scratch got.

What was the initial version and the reworked differences?

Templar isnā€™t Cleric class because in ToS universe they make it clear that Cleric people are ā€œfollowersā€ and not ā€œrulersā€. It gets more clear in the story when you learn about Maven and Ruklys: Maven is the most wise person of all time, but he used his wisdom to help the world and to teach his disciples. While Ruklys turn out to be a great commander.
So you can guess why each class pertence it own tree by learning the story about them: Maven(Cleric), Lydia(Archer), Agailla(Wizard) and Ruklys(Swordsman).

13 Likes

Yeah because nobody wants to keep reinventing their entire build to fit another 3 circles of a class in, since IMC has a fetish for making classes that are only good if you go C3. And now they want to add Master class ranks so youā€™ll basically have to go 4 circles into a class lmao

2 Likes

inb4 they nerf master pyro ( pyromancer circle 4) :sunglasses: