Tree of Savior Forum

[kTest[Ktos]] Class rework thread

ahhh… still looking at other trees in swordsman archer and wiz… some hit like a truck while the balance on cool-down is ok with them too…

i hope everything would be fine when it hits itos… and now i will spend my time hunting mats gear and leveling characters to 300+ so they would be ready for reset…

hope practo would be medium level in diff. to get not so hard to the point 1 per character… UUGGHH this changes… even my pyro/chrono cries at the changes for pyro alone… better look for an alternative base class for my alch… :smiley:

Just hoping they rethink a little priest/chaplain, it really is not as good as it was now overall.

Why not? The blessing skill was buffed. Did they nerf again? :0

Mmmh to explain : one of the biggest point of spr build of priest/chaplain was stone skin.
Now that stone skin doesn’t scale anymore with spr, and is dmg reduction, here is how chaplain works :

• Aspersion : Dmg scales from int, defense scale from spr. But the spr scale is really too low to be good, lvl 15 aspersion with 370 spr arround = 179 def (+48 from the skill) which is weak from what i heard from friends.
  • Exorcise / Magnus : Factors where better with spr buffs, i have to recalculate now so i’m not entirely sure anymore, could be slightly better with int.

Anyway what remains is blessing which was buffed from itos yep, but in the cleric tree there aren’t that much part that makes you that good. From what i heard, most people prefer going to stop at priest c2 now. Well i’m waiting to test it myself to be sure of how it is but well.

Stone skin was very op before. But they nerfed the defense stats in general. So even if you make a full spr priest to buff defense of your allies, it will not be so effective as it was before. I think that the greates skills of priest build will be blessing, revive and ressurection. So as you said many people will stop in priest c2. But if a char needs more points in its build, probably it will take c3.

Well it’s more like they need to rethink a little what they changed, to make c3 have something that is a little more usefull, some attributes to buff c1/c2 spells or something like barrier of paladin getting an attribute to buff the new stone skin to be more usefull maybe.

It’s really complicated anyway, cause to explain, for your skills to be better with full spr blessing + sacrament (+last rites if you go up to chaplain) than with full int build, you need the factors to be under a certain % of factor (value depends of build str/int/dex and of crit rate you can get). And to explain with other classes you buffs, nearly no classes have factors that low, so if sadhu transmit prana can be given to your entire party, for magical dps, a sadhu full int buffer would be better than a chaplain full spr maybe :confused: (at high level, since you give elemental damage X0.65 of your min matk and give +50% more to magic skills making it a X0.975 your min matk. ^^

I’m confused as to what you are wanting/looking for from priest/chaplain?

Priest 3 looks like its now for more skill points/levels or going Chaplain.

To me full SPR Chaplain looks fine. Sure stone skin got a heavy nerf from blocking damage outright to now mitigating it, but it would have been OP if it stayed in its normal incarnation.
Remember Chaplain can have 100% up time on ALL buffs. Sacrament now scales with SPR, which means Last Rites now does too. Exorcise no longer sucks, it has % dmg.
Lets not forget Chaplain is an auto attack based class/circle. This means dex(from Ellaganos Cards) are very helpfull (monstrance buff included).
If you grab Krivis after, you now have viable crit added onto your build from SPR scaling as well as the ability to make your buffs last even longer from melt.
If you don’t want Krivis their are other alternatives such as Bokor, (more) Cleric, Paladin, (combine with) Sadhu, etc.
You don’t have to go auto attack based since all the damage from your buffs is pure unmitigated additional damage that you can just use to add on to other skills, greatly boosting them against stronger enemies.

Chaplain is actually better post update than it is pre. I main a Chaplain.

Please let me know if you find any hunter 3 in KToS.
sigh I’m still waiting for them to shape this blurry class.

Sidenote: how are pets surviving with the changes?

Wow, I didn’t realize they are taking the SPR damage scaling from [aspersion].

Well i just calculated the difference of damage you get from int chaplain versus spr chaplain. (For yourself, and will explain why i think completely sick, about chaplain/priest support still being so far off of damages).

Based on 350 int or 350 spr, this is the damage you get with both type of chaplain, with sacra 1 / last rites 1 / aspersion 1 (and 15 too for int part, since it won’t change).
Those valors are what you gain from your stats only, it doens’t take into account the mdef of ennemy, but int build will make it even better with weapon since of how def formula works now.

auto atk spr = 5886 dmg

auto atk int asp1 = 3794 dmg
auto atk int asp15 = 5632 dmg

As you see, if you go with aspersion 15, your dmg of int chaplain auto atk will be nearly the same.

After that i calculated the factors where int = spr , bigger factor equals to better with int, lower factor equals to be better with spr. (Still for your own damages)

The Factor is 176% (with having the +50% factor bonus attribute of the skills) which means, when you’re level 0 attribute on your skill to know which skill will be better later = 117% Factor.

So which spells are better for Cleric now with spr chaplain than with int chaplain?
There are “three spells”.

1. Cure.
  2. Zaibas EXCEPT if you have taoist in your build, which will double it’s dmg, without doubling what you get from spr.
  3. Owl statue of Diev. (Friend of mine tested today, and seem blessing don’t affect it, so this spell don’t even work).

So in reality, only cure is best with spr build than with int.
And remember, Sadhu now have transmit prana to makes you do +0.975 X your min matk as additional soul damages. Making it better than chaplain buffer for you (and for those who have magic skills, if it affects your party the same way).

So yeah, i’m feeling completely sad about how is chaplain rigth now. Cause the scaling of spr isn’t that great enough. And with the actual big stuffs, of physical dps doing some 200K hits, your buffs will feel like nothing. ^^

Edit > by the way could be even better for your auto atks to be full dex chaplain. If you can attain a certain % of crit chances. ^^

It’s actually just up to 0,68 times your minimum magic attack (at level 6 with Divine Might), but that’s a huge boost if you consider it being normal to have 4-6k matk at top equip with decent base INT (= 3-4k additional damage per hit). It doesn’t seem to affect OOB damage,though [imo they should’ve given the bonus damage only to OOB autoattacks and make it 100% of your min matk but meh…], so not really a decent enough boost aside from Possession.

@Adeodatus
To explain, it’s not 0.65 X in reality. You have an additional buff inside it that is right now wrongly translated. The real effect of it is : multiply the psykokinesis property you give with transmit prana by 1.5 on magical skills and on OOB autos. So 0.65 X 1.5 = 0.975/ ^^ And since one or two days ago, it even affect OOB again ^^

Hmm,sad thing. It really seems viable to stay Sadhu C3, but I want that Dievdirbys because IMC doesn’t want Kabbalists[I want to get that C3 Kabbalist no matter what] to cast their skills fast enough <_<

My guess is that we don’t get the Rank 9 infos fast enough to assume if resetting into other Ranks is viable or not. No idea if taking Sadhu at Rank 12 (if it will ever come) would be viable, but given the huge progression in matk with equipment, I guess that Sadhu might become more and more impressive as we progress through the levels.
Maybe I’ll just go Sadhu C3 for Rank 10 and see if they even offer decent alternatives by then, as Rank 10 will show us if there will be 11 or 12 Ranks anyway before the game goes out of OBT…

Yeah, anyway they need to rethink chaplain buffs a little over what they did to some others buffs (enhancement of enchant fire/lighning being based on both int and spr) or buffs lie saduh who are affected by a % of a bigger stat like matk.

If you go int way, it will make it better since at least you won’t sacrfice your damage of int build for nothing, since you’ll still give some more damages to yourself and to party like thaumaturge. But still frankly it’s complicated.

Another way would be to rebuff again gain from spr on your party, and on your own autos atk and priest/chaplain spells only. Making you abandon other way to deal dmg, but have some good damage on the poor number of spells you have/auto atk, and give really good buffs on your party. xD

I agree that SPR isn’t the greatest right now in terms of damage for Chaplain, but, it is SPR. Lets not forget it is not an actual stat that interacts with damage normally(directly).

Priest and Chaplain does need better SPR scaling, but the question is how will this be done without making party members and your character op.

Yeah i know, i just wanted to explain that right now, it’s irrevelant to the new state of the game. They just need to rethink it better, to make it more revelant. First fact, the fact that leveling sacrament/last rites doesn’t affect it’s power is already idiotic. They should make the level influence it more.

I don’t think you can cross-baseclass reset. At least you can’t on Ktest.

Orange 315 Practo x 2
Main hand
Anvil: damage boost, cost
1: 55, 47 515
2: 104, 56 394
3: 156, 87 831
4: 208, 107 989
5: 262, 128 147
6: 370, 148 304
7: 432, 168 462
8: 494, 188 620
9: 556, 208 778
10: 618, 228 936
11: 784, 311 367
12: 854, 403 877
13: 926, 506 467
14: 998, 619 135
15: 1068, 741 882
16: 1292, 874 708
17: 1372, 1 017 613
18: 1452, 1 170 597

Purple 315 weap Practo
Main hand
Anvil: damage boost, cost
1: 39, 39 596
2: 78, 56 394
3: 117, 73 192
4: 156, 89 991
5: 197, 106 789
6: 278, 123 587
7: 324, 140 385
8: 371, 157 183
9: 417, 173 982
10: 464, 190 780
11: 588, 259 473
12: 641, 336 564
13: 695, 422 056
14: 749, 515 946
15: 801, 618 235
16: 969, 728 923
17: 1029, 848 011
18: 1089, 975 497

@Composition Yes. Though not a very popular class, not many vid you haven’t seen yet.

Wiz3 link2 thauma3 farm orange material [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duf6jmva2nE)

Doppel lancer vs mob (jeromel park) [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTLEw6A3uk)

HG320 with chrono cryo and ele lock [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUI_5WDiDV4)

Appraiser reiter hacka vs dung290 boss [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IskmWVlyrCk)
Vs siaulai mole and bear [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PFeJCZxRgU)

Ranger rogue hacka vs normal mob [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFQ2bRwKyjc)

Hoplite murmillo dung290 [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjxZCVRPcm8)

Pelt rode murm d290 [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi-U_EHtU-k)

Cryo sorc necro dung290 [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKRb-5L1C5Y)

Lancer siau [click] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrcDe6Xbl2c)

1 Like

Thanks…I gotta think now…Orange mace or purple mace to my main…That’s kinda hard .-.

1 Like