Tree of Savior Forum

iToS: Talk Talk (Make it happen)

International Market is different from Korean market

Have international players participate in those conversation with dev team and Mr.Kim

Make it happen.

and forum people get to choose their representatives.
~o.o~ someone make a survey.

9 Likes

Example conversation.

Itos: Hey our playerbase is depleting rapidly, are you trying to resolve this issue through fixes or additions?

Devs: The ■■■■ is Itos?

Itos: Hey, this class isn’t working

Devs: That class is in the game?

Itos: Alt unfriendly bro

Devs: We envision the game as a team where the characters in your lodge are a team

Itos: Yeah so about making more characters in that team to play with…

Devs: You don’t like running Mines,Temple, Tower, Forest, Chamber, Battlegrounds on every character? Lol kill yourself.

15 Likes

I vote Ophiuchu as iToS ambassador.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 Likes

If they gave me rights to their IP under an LLC of my own company doing freely as I wish to their code/works you best believe I would do a better job than them. First thing I’d do is find a devote programmer from the eAthena/rAthena crowd that already knows Mr. Kim’s famous messy code being preferably bilingual. Because chances are it is in their language unicode or something stupid and why Staff here has problems. Second I’d hire all the real artists here to sprite and make maps or monsters so new content could actually be developed making things less stagnant along with events RP’d plot related. Third I would look at server performance and probably overhaul the game’s client so silly things like costumes not being cross class usable could be fixed including numerous simple hacks and exploits.

Last I’d fire all the current staff here (sorry) and get people I know who would love to work with people communicating about balance knowing really how to min/max power game. They would also actually do this magical monitoring in game on shifts to make sure things aren’t going to hell in hand basket keeping in direct contact with me at all times. Know the beloved ticket system here currently? I’d make sure that you could get support IN GAME and OUTSIDE THE GAME too for problems instead of going into the dumpster of copy and paste replies.

I’m not going to do anything otherwise because sorry I don’t work for magic beans or TP. This is also pretty much the only way this server is going to get fixed ever. Think this is a joke or something?

-Minor Text Edits-

10 Likes

As I read their talk talk

The truth is that it has always been a little intimidating for us to talk about our plans for TOS, considering the amount of well-documented bugs we have yet to fix.

so I guess they limit their staff in giving information, to minimize damage?

EDIT: So I guess the staff is not at fault?

1 Like

At this point and with the remaining population, from a business standpoint this is sadly true IMO. Self-published negative press will only hurt them more.

But there’s a different, more positive way to approach this - be more transparent. Admit fault. Show that you’re working on improving the game. Keep players regularly informed of what’s happening.

If I was selling (bad) bread that eventually only a few are buying, I think it wouldn’t help telling them and potential new buyers the reasons why others stopped buying my bread.

At that point I would have 2 options:

1. Get my sh~t together and improve my bread (research about what went wrong, know needs to be fixed, know how I can get back old buyers and bring new ones, implement, etc.)
  2. Try to get the most of what’s left in that bread business until it closes or become unprofitable and move on to another business

Recently I feel like IMC is going with option #2 unless I’m proven wrong over the next few weeks.

In the longer version of the korean meet up they stated that their plans are not only running the game for 1 or 2 years and are planning for a longer service. Whether it’s true or even possible to happen everyone can decide themselves, I wanted to share this cause I wasn’t certain if the summary included this.

Keep in mind that talking is talking, it’s not acting.
Maybe for ktos/jtos it is great, but don’t even expect to see it on itos, at least before 2050, even though I’m pretty sure itos would be saved with these changes.

Me too I can promise you that I’ll be the president in 4 years, but obviously it’s a lie to gather attention, and even if everyone trusts me, I don’t give a crap I lied because it’s the internet.

3 Likes

That’s very true too. :confused:

I guess the next content update we have tells something to us how trustworthy they are. As I’ve understood they are really focusing on bug fixing for it this time, so we’ll only see how well it will turn out. Whether it’s an actually successful patch for once or not.

Kim Hakkyu also did say he is ashamed of the bugs and problems they’ve had and did acknowledge that other versions had many problems ktos didn’t have. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Make TOS great again!!

huehuehue

I actually would do this stuff too. If they ever were to sell the rights for like $25,000 I would consider pulling strings from someone whose actually really rich to get a loan. This server could easily be turned from a tax write off into an actual game that makes money fairly from pure cosmetics and no P2W crap like helm enchants or gacha/tokens.

First thing that has to be done is a complete wipe with reimbursement for anyone whose paid money. There is no way around that with all the sleeper RMT accounts and people who got away with using any of the many exploits for gear.

Better you stop play. This company dont know made games. Better you spend you time in another game.

I already did. Houses don’t build themselves you know. Spending my time working Mr. Solo Dolo because the Asian MMO market is run by a bunch of cash grabbing slum lords. But there is some investment to be made once they run them into the ground going Bankrupt.

Pretty sure IMC did get bought out by Hanbitsoft a year ago then they actually run this server with the Staff from Malaysia or something crazy.

im a malaysian and i dont even know we are capable doing so…

alot sea mmo hosted in singapore though

Where is Mr. Kim’s presence and public speech for iTOS?
Ktos gets a meet n chat, ITos gets the almighty ignore
We had that ONE post way back last year when he responded to one of the player’s quit post and that was it.
How about a meeting or discussion with iTOS or at least answering some of the problems we have?

From what I have seen a lot of these Japanese and Korean companies will outsource their staff to like Malaysia, Indonesia, or the Philippines as a subsidiary. What I was saying is it would not suprise me if all the Staff and GM were actually not Korean here and could very well be one of your neighbors.

https://www.techinasia.com/japanese-game-brave-frontier-made-in-singapore-really

This is a game I was playing and an example of their “international” version company being ran out of some obscure location. Sometimes they will run out of California but I doubt from how these people type that is correct.

This topic was automatically closed after 71 days. New replies are no longer allowed.