Seriously, I know I haven’t been playing for very long, etc etc. But so far here’s what I’ve encountered.
- The client takes 2-10 tries to even get it to run (that means pressing play on steam, watching it fail, pressing play, maybe it starts properly etc).
- Sometimes for no reason it says “the server is closed” and then I can’t log in for a while.
- No shared bank for characters, which is a free feature in every other MMORPG I can think of. All of them. Unless I want to upkeep a “premium” membership. And even then I get ONE slot in the shared bank, unless I spend even more money.
- Only 4 character slots, which wouldn’t be too bad if A NON PLAYABLE COMPANION THAT ATTACKS THINGS ONCE THEN RUNS AWAY TAKES UP AN ENTIRE SLOT. Real money to get more.
- Dungeons have to be qued right next to the dungeon. So the ridiculously long waits are spent doing absolutely nothing.
- Really weird but fairly frequent emergency maintenance to fix game crashing bugs.
I’m just waiting for the game to throw confetti and say “Ha! We totally got you! The real game will be loading in…”
I really want to like this game. I loved RO, and that had some pretty strange stuff to it, but this just seems deliberately terrible. RO was made during the time where the communities were still feeling out what should be standard and what should be a “premium” thing, so I can understand why some things were awkward, and seem really backwards now. And from what I’ve seen I’ve chosen very poorly when it comes to classes as there are countless “RIP Any magic user besides Chronomancer” threads. I don’t want to have a useless class at endgame…
I love the art style, combat, and music, which are things I liked about RO as well, but even though RO is incredibly dated and seems weird compared to modern mmos, I have more fun playing that. I’m on the fence. I don’t know if I should keep playing because it’ll get better or if I should just give up on ever finding something that’s like RO, but more modern/upgraded.