Tree of Savior Forum

In-depth article regarding kOBT (in Korean, translation needed)

They are dreaming of a world where you identify yourself with your whole team instead of only a single character.

Meaning you could have a pvp orientated character made for killing only and having a full support mage at the same~

1 Like

Iā€™m confused as to whether this is the same interview thatā€™s been trasnlated already here too or whatever who where, but it has some points I havenā€™t seen here.

ā€œOBT Version has two starting areas, so what was the purpose of doing so?ā€
ā€œā€¦If we have the time, weā€™d like to make a third city too.ā€

Yes please * ā€” *

Tree of Savior is not a quest based game. However, in the process of getting used to the game, we think the quests will help you. Quests are prepared up to level 200 but weā€™d like for players to think that quests are a giant tutorial for the game.

Hold the phoneā€¦

So the ā€œtutorialā€ basically spoils you by making exp seem to fall from the sky at such a ridiculous pace (compared to grind), that it makes players feel as if the grind is a thing you need to strategically avoidā€¦ and then youā€™re free to continue grinding once the exp is slower than grinding would have been the whole 1-200 part of the game?
xD

And people are reporting 0.5x rates (iCBT2 started with 3x and ended with 6x), which would make this even worse.

In that case, theyā€™d have to make the exp-cards give like 20% of what they do now.
Heck, even if the 0.5x is just preliminary for these days and it will actually be 3x then, Iā€™d suggest the exp-cards get lowered.

I mean, itā€™s just about not bullshitting people about what the game is. If you want it to be a grindfest (after youā€™ve decided how awfully slow you want it to be), donā€™t mislead the players by making them think they can almost rely completely on quests to level all the way up to 200 and then leave them there xDDD

Iā€™m in no way hoping for this game to actually be as slow as 0.5x of courseā€¦ just pointing out that the balance between exp-cards and mob-exp is messed up.

Status reset scroll will be no more in the Open beta version. However, we do know that thereā€™s a lot of people who want to redistribute stats in the process of customizing their characters. Weā€™ll delete this item for now but weā€™re planning on supplying a status reset item in some form at a later date.

Hmmā€¦ not sure about what to think about resets.

Once you intend to bring them back in, I feel like it should at least be more restricted than simply letting you redistribute everything.

Since, wouldnā€™t people just go for the stats that are most convenient for breezing through early-game and then switch once that becomes obsolete and other builds make a difference?

At least you cannot change what classes you picked, but the issue still holds true with skills. Go for the damaging moves initially, and then switch to all the utility skills once the other ones become obsoleteā€¦
And there is also the issue of being able to max skills you just gained. (ie, you become Cryomancer3, use a skill-reset, have 31 skill points to spend in cryomancer skills, and can max snow rolling and frost tree immediately, instead of having to spend 15 into the same limited skill-set you had as cryo1 and the next 15 into the cryo2-limits.)

1 Like

Last I heard, if your item runs out of time in the market it loses one potential when you get it back (for equipment) and becomes untradable for everything else. Not sure if thatā€™s a bug, or whether itā€™s been changed/fixed, but if this is still the case, people are going to be very careful about overpricing things, otherwise they might wind up with an item they can only sell to NPC (that might otherwise be worth a lot of silver to other players)

I believe itā€™s intentional, peoples on Granado Espada usually buy all items really underpriced to sell them overpriced.

Iā€™ve removed items from market and it still had full potential. But I didnā€™t tried to let it run out of time.

They need to create a auto attack system if they want us to auto attack so much lol
Like, its more beneficial to cast skills and run and wait for cds and come back to cast than to auto attack and die by giant AoE skill for range DPS

thank you op
/20202020

The rates were .5x the rates of iCBT2 in the beginning, this was changed like after a day back to normal. Though Iā€™m not sure if this was changed at the later levels.

I feel like this doesnā€™t really matter. Most people that go circle 2/3 to max a certain skill or obtain a certain skill tend to usually just not spend points till they reach what they really wanted. So in the end it really serves as a convenience.

ā€œOh look, hereā€™s a monster and another monster there andā€¦ oops, they decided to resetā€¦again!ā€

Hmm.

Nice info.

About hidden crafting.
They probably mean alchemist magnus opus.

With that many combination possibilitiesā€¦

AND hint ā€¦ there were some unqiue stuff around.
If you moved trough the avaible areas up to 140.
There was lots of interesting wall decorations, floor mosaics and other things.

I always stood still fo ra moment looking at them.
Some showed holy like weapons. Others shields and stuff.
There was random stuff in them too ā€¦ and some items that dropped from mobs seemed offly well matched.

For example. That ā€œhiddenā€ burial" ground place. There wasnā€™t really anything worth in there, except quest exp.
Or was it?

snickers

Ohh ā€¦ i want to be a fletcher ā€¦ but alchemist is my calling too ā€¦
Archeologist ā€¦ hmm sounds good.

This is good, i hope they keep their word.

So some of the hidden classes are yet to be discovered it seems.