Tree of Savior Forum

IMCgames and damage control

Okay so, service has been more or less been inaccessible for over 8 hours now, usually I wouldn’t post rants or stuff like this but since I have a lot of free time now, why not.

Now, the server instabilities haven’t really been the biggest issue on my mind this past week, they were somewhat expected and I have total understanding for the issues they’re facing and probably why they’re facing it.

My biggest gripe with IMCgames is their lack of communication throughout these issues, they were actually good at responding to the server problems last tuesday and were really fast to respond to community critique, however as the week progressed the line of communication failed somewhere and right now there is complete silence from all parts of the staff.

With the ratings having dropped over 25% over such a short amount of time, it’s not really a concern for IMCgames but the entire community, that the game we really enjoy playing is getting dragged down like this and bring along an unhealthy playerbase.

In the end we’re not even sure what the underlying problem is, if the game itself isn’t designed to handle such a heavy load of players or if the staff is inexperienced. “But it’s the weekend!”, yes it is but if you’re providing a 24/7 service you must have a plan ready for emergencies like this, at this moment we’re not really even sure if they’re aware of Klaipeda’s issues.

For me? I really enjoy playing this game and I will keep playing it, and it’s not too much to ask for that this issue gets fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like

Yup could not agree more. They need better communication overall.

Here are some examples of good communications practices from game developers:

Stonehearth Development Blog

Grinding Gear Games Development Manifesto
They are seriously amazing

Trendy Entertainment: Dungeon Defenders II Dev Log

Warframe anyone?

2 Likes

Well today the most unprofessional thing I’ve seen in many years happened on EU.
Where they started working on something mid-game, without any announcement and half of the server was working while the other wasn’t , low level chars could not log on and we were constantly kicked when changing screens.
Again I haven’t seen no maintenance messages in game ,only out of the blue some “compensation packs” appeared in my inventory and game started going crazy.

I mean this level of … I don’t even know how to call it, ignorance, arrogance? is simply unheard of.
I would expect that sort of behavior from a group of teens and their private servers. No forget that even kids know that you need to care about your fanbase.

steam started with 90% now its 63%, in ONE WEEK, what are they fcking waiting for?

1 Like

Yeah… what the heck? This is getting ridiculous.