Tree of Savior Forum

IMC A Suggestion if you will. About Class Advancements

No this is not another for or against reset. That has been beaten to death and the horse just needs to be buried. In a couple of these 432 new threads about resets I have made a suggestion and it has seen a bit of praise so; I thought I’d offer it to you. A fix if you will, that will help alleviate some of the Circle Reset issues we see today.

Here in theory is what I would like to see IMC. Stay with me!

So you just hit Rank X! Congratulations to you Sir/Maam’ and you get that exciting little pop on the right side of your screen that say’s Advancement. You eagerly push it and it opens up a world of different choice for you to make.

You know where you’re going and what you want to do. You’ve spent hours on Tree of Savior Skill Simulator perfecting this awesome build. I mean, this next Rank you get this skill; It’s called “Bad Ass skill of Sheep mutilation”, you’ve even watched the video of the animation over 500 times because it’s just THAT cool!

You pick X Class and you’re given 1 point to throw into any ability X class gave you, and of course; you go for “Bad Ass Skill Of Sheep Mutilation.” You run to find the nearest Sheep, so eager to watch the carnage… You trimple click the skill and scream "DIE SHEEP DIE! So loud your mother yells back, “SHUT UP TIMMY!” and then it happens. That Sheep doesn’t die, in fact it turns in a bigger sheep that now is slightly bleeding and Baaa’ing at the same time.

This skill sucks, you say! You feel disgruntled and lose the urge to play as the “Bad Ass Sheep continues to Baaaa” at you.

Where am I going with this story you ask? A lot of my issue with the game comes from badly worded or bugged Abilities. What am I constructively suggesting? Simple really.

Starts like this:

*You pick your Advancement and doing everything like you normally would.

*However, before being sent on a quest to go become that BASKM (Bad ass sheep killing machine) Your trainer ask you a question you’ve never seen before. Hey you! Yes you! Would you like to give your new skill set a whirl? She/He ask.

*Now you can say No, and just go on your way like normal. Or…

*You get teleported into a room and a timer counts down. A minute if you will.

*You’re now Class 15 of whatever Class Trainer you talked too with the full ability spread.

*Suddenly the minute is done and… Slowly Bad Ass Sheep start pouring into the room. You begin to test your new skill sets, against the horde as they start picking up more and more til you cannot handle it anymore. You decide you’re happy with the skill set so you leave.

*The Trainer ask you, “Did you enjoy your new power?”
(You can re-do this is much as you like)

-Yes, I loved the feeling of Sheep Blood under my fingernails.

*The trainer now gives you a quest to go complete as per normal.

Or

-No, the new skills made me BaAaAashful.

*She/he apologizes and sends you on your way to find another trainer.

Tldr: The skill descriptions in this game tend to be lack-luster, although it seems to have gotten better. I propose a way to test your next rank to see if it’s something you’d really like to include in your build as I stated above. I think this would also help alleviate some of the Class Reset issues, besides the times when IMC changes skills to a drastic measure.

Anyways, let me/IMC know what you think. Constructive please.

• Yes, I think that would be an amazing idea!
  • No, I think it’s a bad idea!
  • I honestly don’t care.

0 voters

To Clarify; this post literally has nothing to do with Circle Resets. It is a way to test your abilities due to bad wording and or a route to allow yourself to see how well they sync with your current build.

1 Like

I don’t see it being a great option because for one, mobs have different stats and you can’t predict what the next batch will be.

You can get a training room with your dream pyro and you start to hammer and laugh how pitiful these monsters are to your new prowess. Then later on at lvl 200+. You regret not having these in the training room and felt cheated. Equipment being not included also.

As an addition, there are classes that are really strong at rank 3 like elementalist compared to its rank 1 counterpart. Basically, there’s a lot of things that are missing out before one can say, “this is the class I need”.

1 Like

It’s more about the idea of making sure things work as intended, but I totally understand what you’re saying. :slight_smile:

I absolutely love it when I get hate-mail!

@damienjp

"Hilarious… The famous White knight that rode around on his white horse spamming legit topics with actual concerns about how he spent money, blah, blah, blah and liked getting butt foooked by IMC but looky here… The White knight is now up in arms making the very threads he would report and bury !!! FeelsFuknGoodMan

Flagged all your threads cus your a filthy White Knight… good day sir."

It was a famous White Battle Chicken Bro, and it wasn’t White Knight it was Plague Doctor. Just sayin.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Anyone who knows my post, knows I am NOT a white knight at all lol. I’m not a dark knight either. Lol

Skills, when moused over or clicked should show detail view together with a animated preview clip of how they look/work like ingame.
eg: Elsword, DragonNest, DFO, Warframe ect.

A test room for available Class to choose from when ranking up can help player get a hang of what’s in-store for them in each respective class advancement.
The crux here however is IMC themselves with their not so bright choices in skill balancing patches that can/will/has break classes(some) in their respective builds.

I agree with you. While my suggestion won’t fix IMC’s breaking of classes it can help alleviate some choices made by player error due to lack of good wording and or experience from the said skills in question.

To be fair; no build is future proof til we get Rank 10, and I think all builds should be built around that. For now, play for fun. There is no META until Rank 10 hits the floor. However, I also suggest when IMC does “fix” something with a certain class, anyone who has that class should be able to reset “that” choice. Let’s say Wizards Magic Missile gets a huge nerf, or is changed in how it works, then IMC should allow those people to change their Wizard C2-3 choices.

Although I am not looking for this to turn into a Rank Reset thread, the Training room plus it, sort of go hand in hand. Anyways, thanks for the reply!

@haukinyau Why you vote no man?! I thought we were friends! :stuck_out_tongue:

ah, u genuinely asking if IMC should implement skill testing for every new rank ?

sorry I thought you just huehuehue. my bad.

but i’d still vote No.

Reason:

1. Nothing bad for putting 1point to each skill, things getting nerf/buff/patches anyway
  2. Nothing wrong for putting more than 1point to the skill you thought you’ll like, coz its cool~ right?
  3. Nothing wrong for thinking this is the best skill, only to find out it sucks later game, coz no1 is psychic and definitely no1 knows how IMC gonna kill the game more with rank9 rank10… so get rekt plz (IMC style)

IMC already selling Skill Reset potion if this is what you wondering…

As for sucky classes like poor Corsair or Sadhu etc… well, that’s IMC for ya~
here, a class costume souvenir for memory sake. huehuehue

I rather they spend more time doing what they do best, making more TP costume/Companion,
Or totally just fix class balance, exploit, fps, pvp/gvg.

A skill testing wouldn’t help at all if it took away already limited and precious manpower…

This the best I can do for your genuine effort for suggestion.

I had this idea while taking a poop earlier on… (off-topic)

wouldn’t it be nice (pvp content) if they make it a premade-choose-your-gladiator-style-arena (or dota all pick mode) during 1hr pvp hour~
moba style~

erm… something like,
5v5, you get to choose a completely new character, with instant lv200, 0 stat point invested, you choose your preferred class (even though ingame you’re swordman, you can still pick mage/cleric just during this pvp arena)

you pick your rank up till rank7 class15 instantly, allocate skill point however you like.

character creation time limit is 15minutes, so you can teamspeak/discord/skype your team what combi you guys wanna play~

purely for fun purposes and ranking to show off your achievement.
after pvp hour finished, you get to choose if you wanna save this character for next time.

I understand most of your post, and again like most I agree. There’s a few points you’ve made however that aren’t really related to the post itself.

Skill Resets: What I suggest has nothing really do with those. I guess, in a sense it does, but not truly. This will allow the player to walk into a closed environment (I’ll use Wiz 3 for this example) have all Wizard 3 Skills at MAX rank (attributes too) and test how they work. I’m not even looking at damage numbers here, but more so; do the abilities work like they’re supposed to?

If not, this can stop you from going Wizard C3 (although in this example I should have picked a better Class/Rank as 98% of DPS wizards go C3 anyways lol) and making a mistake, while allowing you try other potential Classes, and trying out their respective Skills as well, while letting you decide on what works best for you.

Thanks for the input!

A bit to much Input there. Basically what I am suggesting is a Test server of sorts but not so much work on IMC’s part. Cause, as much as I adore ToS, IMC could be a bit … Better.

Although off-topic, it would be fun.

I don’t play mage so I wouldn’t know… so I use swordman as example…

choosing between going sw1 or sw2 or all the way sw3, is more like, you deciding your role and future path…

you can go sw1 >pelt1 >bard1 > xx > yy > zz if you decided what role you wanna play…

by giving a testing rank, it wouldn’t prevent a poor decisions from lack of preparation work(homework) researching etc…

IMC can implement rank testing, but those who didn’t research might still pick swordman3 coz Gungho15 and Concentrate15 really does look good on lv1~100
then they regret choosing swordman3 knowing its a pvp meta… they were playing casually for pve and thought it was okay to go swordman3 for pve…

thus, the cry for Class Reset

2 Likes

Lol, well put and an agreement.

I was always thinking if IMC would ever put up a separate test server with modified exp and drop rates that gets resetted every week or month ala Sakray of RO (at least that was what the server was called in pRO), but then again considering the status of the current servers and some capacity issues with dungeon instances they probably don’t have the resources to allocate for that.

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea. Last MMO I played was Wakfu, which was pretty successful. When you decided to change your skills or class, you were warped to a training room and were able to test everything out on different dummies at various levels and reset until you were happy with the outcome.

I agree with kinyau87, it doesn’t solve the advancement problems. You also have ToSbase that is littered with theory craft builds, many from before launch, that have great arguments as to why they think it would be great. Plus if you’re not experienced with MMOs like this, you might not even think to research at all. There’s a lot of factors as to why this doesn’t solve that other issue this thread isn’t suppose to be about, lol.

Still, it’s a nice idea because it would help some, and give people a preview as to what they will be working with. Less room for screwing up skills, because if you’re new, the only way to preview skills currently is find a friend or watch youtube.

1 Like

I think at the very least IMC could do is to create gameplay videos of PVE/PVP runs of c1/2/3 classes they make. Those characters in those videos are to have a maximum limit of the following:

• +10 white weapon
  • +5 armor of each slot
  • lv 50 attribute

With these videos it provides the players a lot of:

• Information on how a class skill is used
  • Information on how a class is played vs the environment
  • Information on how a class behaves and functions in a PVE party/PVP party/solo setting
  • Information on efficient the class is with attainable normal items

IMC can also use these videos to:

• Find out which classes need balancing, aka buffs or nerfs
  • Find out how the class actually functions on the field rather than from the drawing board.

This certainly beats those skill intro videos we see in tosbase and the new R8 skill videos which are downright misleading due to the insane damage numbers from overlevelled items.

3 Likes

Great replies! I know it won’t solve some problems, but it will help to alleviate problems with “text” issues and allow maybe a bit more creativity to someone who doesn’t know better. At least this route you can see if there is synergy in your build w/o to much theory crafting.

I would like to respond more to this, but… It’s time for me to head to work. lol Perhaps when i return. I too played Wajfu for quite sometime.

1 Like