Tree of Savior Forum

I really want ti help this game become the best

I played the icbt, and i think the game needs some changes.
1.cooldown
Ive seen a lot of people here talking about it.the major problem about cooldowns is that they make the game stactic, sometimes boring and frustrating. In my opinion the cooldown should be changesd for casting time and dext would influence that time.the whole idea of cooldown is wrong( if i had powers i would use it all the time until my mana ends)

1. Boss fights
    I really enjoy bosses but making them but they should be repeatable. I suggest lowering the drop rate.

3.quests
In my opinion all mandatory quests should be removed. It makes the game so linear i feel im playing a ordinary single game. Instead there should be quest for guetting itens, but really difficult quests like 3000of one iten and 1000of another item droped ond different places. This would cancel the linearity of the game.

4.skills scaling
The skills need to get a better scaling. Becase the first class skill get too weak over time. Ive seen a lot of people complaining here about that.

I really love the game so please help me get those suggestions to the creators, if you guys agree with me.

Maybe the cooldowns shouldn’t be removed, just balanced. Thanks everyone for your opinions

(╯°□°)-- 2.

The cooldown rework is interesting

3 Likes

Cooldown seems to be the new EXP matter… sigh

They can’t remove cooldowns, the game will become like old RO, Diablo or some other ■■■■ where you get one damaging skill and go braindead mode to farm and PvP.

They should just tweak some cooldowns that are too high for no reason (Ice Wall for example)

9 Likes

^this so much this, insanely this.

Just don’t bring back that toxic Ro system, cooldown are really cool cos they give windows where your char is strong/weak

Edit : Also the game is way easier to balance when you can tweak cooldowns

4 Likes

Yeah i may be wrong about cooldowns, maybe they should just low some cooldowns, for exemple the cooldowns of bash and thurst, they just dont make sense. But what is your opinion about the other topics?

1 Like

Yeah i might be wrong about the cds but they do need some rework, maybe just low the cds is enough. But what do yiu thing about the other topis?

I don’t mind having a main quest to lead through the maps.

As far as I know, quests bosses (or some of them) appear later in the game as party quest or world bosses.

Skills have scaling for end game through Attributes i think. We can’t say much until a large group of players get Rank 5 up to have a better understanding of scaling and damage vs cooldowns.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m fine with how cooldowns are. As a supplementary option in combat, I don’t expect to be spamming them. However, I do agree with how scaling can use some tweaking. I think adjusting how the different tier damaging skills scale would open up a lot of options for player builds and allow for focus on combat mechanics or what makes each skill unique. I believe this would also give the developers some room for creativity when rebalancing/reworking skills.

I’m also on the same boat regarding story quests and how they make the game too linear. I kind of don’t want to be told how to play the game in order to progress, and would rather leave that up to my own creativity. However, I am completely in love with the hidden quests.

2 Likes

I think the questline is just fine, we do have some quests but it’s not a bazillion tons of them like in other mmos were you don’t even read them anymore just because they’re way too much of it.

And I don’t think we should worry about balance yet, the game is not utterly broken and it’s still in Beta, i’m pretty sure Devs know what’s up and will fix some issues (that’s what betas are made for :p)

Also when discussing about cool downs please consider skill rotations. My circle 3 Wiz with only Energy bolt and magic missile already allowed certain degree of spamming while burning SP like mad. Imagine if you had 10 skills to rotate through.

1 Like

I do think that stats should have more influence in game such as reducing cool downs, cast times, attack speed, stamina…

2 Likes

I would be against that due to scaling reasons. It adds too much complexity to try to balance too many things that a stat can do.

ToS mechanics are clearly segregated between linear and percentage scaling. What you are suggesting is for a linear scaling system to influence percentage scaling, which creates nightmare balancing problems.

2 Likes

Yeah man i miss this too

How was the hidden quests, how do they work? I don’t remember doing any, just the"kill that and ill give these in change" kind of quest.

Cool downs are fine.

Maybe you felt this way because you had very few skills? (Later when you have more skills, most builds have more than enough skills off CD, or have long CD’s but high damage).

I feel like all the big issues people come across is because they got nowhere in the game (even the 107 character just barely touched the somewhat mid-CBT gameplay).

2 Likes

yeah probably man, i had so much little time to play, i only got highlander circle 1 :frowning:

getting a lot of one item isn’t difficult, just time consuming lol

I want this game the very best.
That no MMO ever was.
To get beta key is my real test.
To play it is my cause.

I will travel cross the map.
Searching for blue mobs.
Each intance boss to understand.
The loot thats inside.

TOS! gotta play this game!
TOS!

4 Likes

Usually an interactable object is hidden somewhere, and once you check it then the quest start.

I’ve had about 2.

1. A boss appears (with an interesting new combat mechanic, a poison ring that you either stand way outside or inside)
  2. Fetch quest (finding a few items around the map, one of them I found earlier and was wondering what it’s used for)

best comment ever

/20 characters/