Tree of Savior Forum

This is just a bunch of text5

Thanks for the info, cheers ^^

And what about gems for PvE?
The same?

if you manage to get 90%+ crit rate then yellow gems on weapons
anything lower red gems on weapons will be stronger.
for equipment its the same since yellow gems on armor/pants and blue on boots is standard defense.
Unless you added 0 con which in that case you’d want hp from gear, but i really don’t recommend going 0 con on a melee character.

Pic from b4 patch xD Was puttin in dat work

1 Like

12/31 update -

added a video to demonstrate joust

Well, cata EW and DS still a fake multihits:

yea i noticed, it still multihit because it still overkills mobs and the reason you mentioned
and for some reason, it still hits 50-60k instead of 15k :smiley: at least for me
i really did think its a real multihit in the beginning though, guess we were wrong that’d be too much
they changed the object mechanic, i thought its real because when i was hitting an object with doom spike it did all hits, thats why i thought its real hits - imc is confusing us :frowning:

Now I don’t know if I’ll go for Dragoon 2 or something else and then Lancer.

What you can say about Sword 1>Pelta 1>Hoplite 2> Cata 3>Lancer 1?
The idea is to get Hop 2 for Spear Lunge to boost Lancer’s damage.

In my mind it seems ok. ‘-’

for a pve build this sounds good, definitely a good boost for your lancer damage.
I wouldn’t do it for pvp however.
Again for a purely pve cataphract, its better to take dragoon c2, since lancer is pvp more than it is pve, dragoon enhances the damage of all of your skills and will provide more damage.
There really isn’t any reason to take lancer over dragoon for pve imo.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I really don’t know why I was thinking about Lancer. ‘-’

Should i waste money on Cripple? I don’t think i will be able to get the orange weapon any time soon.

either cata pike or cripple is fine, cripple might cost more than cata pike.
for me im using cata pike since im going to craft regard horn pike soon

yea is costs 6mil in orsha, currenly using hell’s demon pike.

Pel and Lancer unfortunately is a bad mix because all Lancer skills requires the 2h-spear stance while Pel is at its most optimal with a shield.

You can go Sw2 Hop2 Cata3 but then Sw3 is too good to ignore due to high P.Barrier uptime and maxed Restrain which goes well with Lancer skills and better CC when partnered with normal-atk knockdown passive.

As @DieHardLancer advised, you’re better off going Dragoon if you intend to focus on PVE.

If you like some boost in Lancer damage, go Sw3 Cata3 Dopel1 Lancer1 instead or go Sw3 Cata3 Goon1 Lancer1 as a more future-proof Lancer build (if Lancer C2 sucks at R9, you can go Goon2 for Serpentine debuff and Dethrone).

I see.

I’ll just go with Dragoon… at least for now.

I have a question:
How does Earth Wave charge work?
The tooltip says 150% + flat value. This means that the base damage is the flat and each charge increases 150%?

No - like most, if not all, charge skills each charge count is the level at which you can release the skill.

For example, if you have lv.15 E.Wave and charged it only til lv.3 - it will inflict whatever damage a lv.3 E.Wave does.

150% is a modifier of your pAtk, added to the skill’s base damage.

I heard E.Wave has been recently changed to be a true-multihit skill but can’t confirm. Perhaps @DieHardLancer can confirm it for us.

If it truly is a true-multihit skill, that means each individual hit will deal 150% of your p.Atk + skill base damage at the charge level it was released, plus whatever post-modifiers you have (e.g. elemental bonus from equips, bonus crit atk from hats, etc.).

1 Like

its not a real multihit, all cata sklls are fake multihits, the info of it being real was false :frowning: (unfortunately)
doom spike is very strong now after the buff, very recommended at lvl 10 even more than before

I think this guide and the Fencer one should get a sticky or maybe a single sticky where all those guides and/or class threats are in.

Have been coming back to this post a few times at this point since I started my Goon

1 Like

1/4 update

added a video to demonstrate the basic mechanics of initiate.
Will shoot a video of crush and quintain soon :slight_smile:

How does the Swash Buckling hp bonus work in PvP? Just + max as well?