Tree of Savior Forum

How Do You Move Towers In GBL?

Yeap, salty time for AvantHeim members who keep losing literally all their arguments on the forum and resort to name calling, thread derailing and other fallacies.

Seriously @Wrathior, you can’t control your members at all. You told them to stop replying and still they reply. Is this how you run a guild? I’m getting second-hand embarassment just by looking at how your guild members are acting in public.

Cool video. But why did you post it? What does it bring to this discussion, other than making yourself feel better? It’s not very impressive, I’ve seen a lot of Klaipeda dragoons and fencers deal more DPS than that.
I’m sure you want to show everyone that AvantHeim is a powerful guild all around, but we’re discussing PvP here, not PvE.
Please refrain from posting stuff that doesn’t match thread topic, as it only disturbs polite discussions and puts yourself and your guild in negative light. Okay? :slight_smile:

By the way friend, you’re using “DPS check” in wrong context. DPS check refers to a boss mechanic which requires players to deal enough damage in certain time period to even scratch it, as the boss has a shield or self-heal ability. If players can’t deal enough damage before shield/heal is recast, they won’t be able to pass the DPS check, and beat the boss.
Another thing, you shouldn’t refer to DPS when showing a short clip of casting a long CD ability. DPS is supposed to be sustained over the duration of fight. A term you should use is “DPTS” which stands for “Damage Per Twenty Seconds”, which coincidentally also happens to be the duration of your video.
But don’t worry, everyone is a noob at the beginning, as you get closer to being pro, you’ll know when to use terms correctly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is an irony I can’t pass up, sorry.

You should know DPS is the average of total damage dealt in a second over a set amount of time, right? Instead of inventing a term, I urge you to rethink the original term :frowning:

The average used in major MMORPGs like FFXIV and WoW use 2-3 minutes windows in order to average out a player’s DPS potential, and it’s not called DP2MS or DP3MS. They average out the total damage and frame them into seconds for simpler, yet more precise number.

Why FFXIV and WoW? Their boss fight formats are the standard nowadays, which are adopted by a lot of other MMORPGs and video games in general, which includes ToS.

An example is that a Summoner back in FFXIV 2.x are pushed to deal 200+ DPS in order to remain relevant in endgame raids. Since Summoners are some of the most consistent damage dealers in the game, they are expected to deal 36,000 damage or more in the course of 180+ seconds.

So, the DPTS(damage dealt in a set amount of time) in your context is the 36,000 damage and the DPS is the 200 damage. Let’s say the video is cut into 20 seconds, then the DPTS in that context is 4,000 damage.

Of course there are the margin of error stemming from AI/positional/etc factors in the calculation, but by breaking down the total damage dealt into single second average, a person’s worth(calculated with skill + gear + personality) can be quantified most precisely outside of doing it live in the battle against the boss itself, which is a risk if you consider bringing someone who may or may not be as good as he or she claims.

I’m glad even an Avantheim agrees :wink:

@Hymnote You’re right in a way. But not quite.

When determining your DPS, it’s usually done over a 2-3 minute window indeed, because the final number should barely change over longer periods of time, if you’ve got your rotation down.
However, those tests are usually done against training dummies, as it’s supposed to show you in the best possible light.

Obviously, like you said, due to boss gimmicks, movement required, and just technical issues like lag, that number will be smaller in practice.
In my XIV Linkshell when talking about boss fights, everyone used their actual DPS at the end of encounters, and I guess your social circle went with the theory DPS, so to me it looks like you misunderstood me my friend. :slight_smile:

Now as for DPTS, it is a legit term. Or was at least. It was used in a game called BattleForge which I spent a lot of time on and the term stuck. Game is dead now, and I did a quick google search for DPTS, but it seems that’s the only game that ever used it. Quite a shame really.

Majority of video was taken up by two casts of Cyclone, which definitely doesn’t reflect dude’s actual usefulness. Someone could cast his best single skill, check damage done, divide it by animation time, and claim it as his “DPS”, but that’s not how it works.

But let’s not turn this into MMO glossary trivia thread, that’s not what we came here for, is it?

Yeah, true. We’re supposed to be discussing about how are towers moved in GBL :confused: Didn’t expect Avantheims to get so riled up over people discussing strats that they use that may or may not contain bug exploitation.

lol, toxic discussion continues.

just spectate every single avant heim GVG match, thats the best solution to ppl who always think they are cheaters.

Not an argument. No matter how many times you queue again, it does not invalidate the fact that AvantHeim exploited a bug.

It’s bad enough that you guys were caught. The more you reply, the more everyone can see what sort of members are there in this guild. On top of being exploiters, your collective replies revealed that your members are also liars, arrogant, immature, ignorant and uncivil, unsportsmanlike and dishonorable.

Just so happen these negative qualities are often associated with people who are most likely to cheat, you’re really not making yourself or your guild look any better; merely worse.

So I’d suggest, for your sake, take @Wrathior’s advice and stop replying. Not a single reply from your guild made it any better for AvantHeim, only worse.

How is strategy discussion toxic though?

just passing by, this is what DPS means

avantheim sounds like scrubs tbh