Tree of Savior Forum

How are classes balanced?

Actually i think the wiki is not updated, if u cheeck the Stat Calculator you see that Archer have more 1 point in Con, and Cleric more 3 in SPR. and i did exclude the extra point showed there.
Archer 6 4 3 4 8
Cleric 5 6 4 7 3
Thar make all then 25 points

If you go C2 Wiz - c2 Psykino you spend most of your time auto attacking since Ebolt and Earthquake scale terribly and Psychic pressure is on a 30s (without attribute) cooldown.

Naturally of course you won’t go this route but yeah.
Wiz C1 and Wiz C2 are the weakest damage dealers of the 4 classes at those ranks as Energy Bolt and Earthquake have very low bases with cumbersome scaling mechanics (Sleep/Lethargy) on considerable cooldown themselves.

as a main wiz c2 and psycho c2 I can tell you that’s not true…
you spend the CD time running in a circle like an derp cause auto attack can slow you down and get you kill…

you want all the mob centered in one spot to PP not have the all over you…

I don’t know too much about that resist thing…Doesn’t it mostly happen with status effect like skills…? like Exorcize?

Jump and Attack simultaneously, over and over again, you wont slow down. The mobs will bunch around as you circle the boss attacking. Then you PP and hit everything at the same time. PP has a 30s Cooldown and is a 10s Channel (assuming you get all 10s) leaving you with 20s of time to be doing something else.
As a Wiz C2 your only options are Energy bolt, Earthquake, Telekinesis and Magnetic Force. The latter two will not do damage, the former two are weak.
Energy bolt is attack + skill attack - def x 1.5 x attribute.
Lethargys strike attribute (which got broken in the previous patch and currently does nothing) gives your AA’s 2x damage. Eventually you reach the point where 2x AA damage is stronger then Energy Bolt until you upgrade energy bolt. Energy bolt has to be at 34% or higher attribute damage before your effective modifiers are more then 2x (1.5 x 1.34 = 2.01). Even still, Ebolt (actually slows you down since it roots you where as Jump AA’s do not) doesn’t do much damage given its 9s cooldown.

For the 20s+ that Psychic pressure is down, you are jumping while auto attacking to strafe, and gather up mobs for your PP.
Multiple boss attacks also don’t even break PP, at the same time everything with even a slight knockback/push breaks PP, which means the channel ends early and its back to AA’s. Given Surespell doesn’t stop Knockbacks or any other interrupt except for damage, turns out going wiz C2 ends up just preventing you from getting Flame Ground/Fireball or Ice bolt/Ice pike/Ice wall which decrease your down time, increase your aoe capabilities and increase overall damage.

Wiz C2 - C2 Psykino AA’s a LOT.

Ebolt is one of rare skills that can be casted on move and in jump. It is basically an AA with some additional effects.

[quote=“Delcas, post:25, topic:128634”]
Multiple boss attacks also don’t even break PP, at the same time everything with even a slight knockback/push breaks PP, which means the channel ends early and its back to AA’s.
[/quote]You forgot bosses with immunity time that have a habit to activate it as soon as you pop PP… or they simply drop silence traps on top of you.

1 Like

Well I stand corrected on Ebolt, didn’t need it in boss fights as Pyro/Ele, or back as a Crykino in ICBT2.
Until they broke Lethargy last patch I had no need to attribute it Q_Q.

Clerics don’t have more M.Def than Wizards because M.Def scales off of SPR, not Max SP. Every 5 points of SPR = 1 M.Def. The M.Def formula should look like:

M.Def formula: (Level / 2) + (SPR / 5) [ + (Level / 4) for Wizards]

Granted, Clerics may have more magic durability than Wizards due to higher HP, but if you just regard the raw M.Def value, you will need a lot of SPR to match the Wizard’s bonus M.Def.

I forgot to ask… Is this rly something confirmed?

I saw someone post this once, but i personally only believe in the power of dispeller scroll.

I remember something too but I’m not sure if it wasn’t just a suggestion. That’s why I asked because I doubt it that it’s true.

I can confirm it through my own tests, by using stat reset scrolls and seeing how often a status affects someone at high SPR. By my tests, someone at 250 SPR is insanely resistant to status affects ( unsure of the exact calculation, for reference I was dueling them on a same level character and mostly unable to afflict them with stun, damage-weakness debuff, defense-reducing debuff, or bleed ). I’ve done tests at 150, 170, 200 SPR as well, and it definitely scales. ( Also tested in kobt )

2 Likes

I see… that is quite interesting. My full SPR Chaplain seems more and more good. :grin:

You’ll have to let me know if the aspergillum damage scales with SPR ( from aspersion ) :wink:

I rly hope it does… btw I’m not playing on the korean version so I hope we find out before I will be able to make a Chaplain…XD