Tree of Savior Forum

Hoplite - Stabbing or Pierce?

Well all of you conviced me to give 1h spear+shield a try!
I that case, would Synchro Thrust be better than Stabbing/Pierce?

Also, sightly of topic here, but could some one point a good skill points distribution for Dragoon2?
Here is what i could came with so far: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111444ff.3f5f85.3f6571.1121354155

What debuffs? And true multihit? And 3000% yes for a complete one but just like what I said above, you will be so exposed while doing so.

Spear Lunge and potentially Serpentine. Being exposed for a few seconds is well worth the damage. True multihits mean 1 line of Blessing will be used.

I was stuck between the 2. On theory Stabbing seems to be the superior skill since it is % skill factor . I added 1 to both , and decided on getting pierce to 14 eventually. I used after spear lunge and crush and i am looking at 4 lines of good damage (On bosses). I am only using stabbing for the Ddef/eva buff when i see boss doing some flashy skill.

PIERCE!!

Synchro Thrust is a lot better than Pierce / Stabbing due to the fact it has an overheat and much shorter cooldown. The skill factor may look lower when you look at the skill but you can multiply it by +50% from Synchro Thrust’s attribute and another +100% if you counter a mob that’s attacking. These multiplications make Synchro Thrust actually a much stronger skill than Pierce or Stabbing.

I would go with something like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111444ff.3f4a5f85.193f4f6571.1a2a4555

But I’m not considering the future buffs to Pierce and Long Stride, so you may want to save the skill points to try these skills later on after patch.

I’m also not a fan of Gae Bulg, it seems interesting on paper but the mechanic is very sloppy and hard to hit / aim. The debuff duration scaling (0.5 more debuff duration per skill lvl) is too low and the cooldown of the skill too high to be considered a good support skill.

pierce do lower damage but faster than stabbing

better when using with 6s spear lunge if u already have a lot of pierce skill

max pierce = 1600% vs bosses, 1200% vs big size, 800vs mid, 400 vs small

stabbing = 2500+

Swordsman - Peltasta - Hoplite 3 - Corsair / Doppel - Dragoon 2

Using leather set pyrgy and a 2 slot shield with green gems. Phada for accesories till I complete solmiki leather set.

Swordsman skill : max concentrate, bash/gung-ho , pain barrier

Peltasta skill - max swash buckling, umbo blow and guardian (or could get rim blow)
Note: Pelatasta skill umbo blow can redirect your gae balg attack with 100% accuracy. How? Invest on lvl 1 attribute for umbo blow konockback. Use umbo blow on mobs and without aiming use Gae balg. 100% will hit within the center of square. Careful though on cliffs and blockades when knocking back mobs with umbo blow.
Why Peltasta ? It gives good block percentage with a shield. Adding finestra buff, imagine the block rate and swashbuckling good for PT plays or just farming.

Hoplite 3 - Finestra 15 SyncroThrust 15 spear lunge 10 long stride 1 spear throw 4
Pierce damage is meh . Stabbing nice if you compute the total damage it does but for me, spear lunge + any combos will do. You will be amazed how spear lunge which is a debuff skill can burst outright good damage.

Corsair - Doppel : your choice and what skill you prefer. Dont really need them though. can go sw2 but corsair nice for farming even at circle 1 while doppel can keep your damage when skills of Drag hop in CD

Dragoon2 - max dethrone and gaebalg . dragoontooth serpentine and dragon soar all at level 5. Can tweak though in ways that you desire.

Skill rotations : (This is what I really love about hop goon pelt)
spear lunge + serpentine + umbo blow + gaebalg = mob usually dies but if not, use dethrone if low HP or close in the range and burst with syncro thrust or dragoon tooth finishing up with dragon soar. Love how the numbers pile up. Dragon soar usually is the finishing skill for me always because it’s a slash type attack.

On boss combo. I usually use 1 dethrone to open up to keep the boss from moving so can hit easy. Except for those boss mob that are really just jumpy.
Dethrone - Gaebalg - spear lunge - serpentine - syncro thrust - spear lunge - dragoontooth - syncro thrust - dragon soar … lastly Dethrone … can do umbo blow umbo blow but that is not really necessary. Whenever I finish the combo, i just back up and let others do the damage which is where a doppel circle comes in, round and round you go. But if you pick corsair, spam with spear throw from a distance.

Still experimenting with dragoon hoplite 3 but I really love it as a swordie class. Anyways, its too far off the topic. Just want to share my build.

Between pierce and stabbing? Stabbing is my choice. Why? Because it just out damages the pierce. And try it with gaeblag debuff, the duration is longer, but dont know bout the damage though. Ahaha.

P:S: the actual damage output of gaebalg is only good on paper, but still decent though. Highest crit on my character I’ve seen so far is 180k using gaeblag combo. spear lunge + umbo blow -> gaebalg … on mobs at Emmet. farming for wingshard. but still going for pyrgy i think.