Tree of Savior Forum

Hoplite(at least c1) is viable to Fencer

Exactly what i was thinking. Such a waste to take hoplite into fencer.

To anyone who wants to incorporate Hoplite into Fencer build because of Stabbing.

Just donā€™t. Stabbing isnā€™t a great skill. Itā€™s a channeling skill that requires PB in order to be effective (just like Cyclone). Mobs can walk away from it and the hit box is not that great. The best thing Hoplite offers is actually Finestra. I still dream the day when IMC decided to change Finestra to compatible with Pierce weapons so I can make a Hoplite-Fencer. 150 crit rate and 3 AOE ratio is just too good.

Maybe you guys can make a Spear build, using spears the whole time and pretend you are wielding Rapiers. Tbh, I doubt you guys are going to change your weapons back and forth, between a crude but highly effective Spear and an elegant toothpick so called Rapier. Might as well as staying with a Spear

stabbing is amazing
just horrible synergy with fencer.

Nah, awful hitbox + canā€™t lock mobs in a place. I donā€™t really like that skill. Great for bosses though

1.Stabbing is a good skill for bosses.
2.If you taunt, mobs will attack you and wonā€™t move ,unless your teammate using knocking down skill.So stabbing is useful while tanking and solo.(stabbing will add 25% evasion and mdef by attributes while using)
3.Stabbing is a skill you always can use, in the vedio attached below, you can see a HL3 fencer has little chance to use HL skill in Siauliai mission. But stabbing is a skill always worth using(at least great for boss).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAkrxMU0Sn0

Stabbing that always worth using:

If you like stabbing so much why even go Fencer? You cant use Finestra with any other weapon but spears. You might as well just go Dragoon C2.

I donā€™t know if you guys donā€™t read or if you donā€™t know how to interpret simple texts but OP point is that stabbing is a good source of damage for Fencers. He never mentioned Finestra, Pierce or Synco Thrust.[quote=ā€œrhonin.wang, post:1, topic:324608ā€]
In this topic I want to proof Hoplite skill Stabbing, even in level 5, is really a good skill for fencer.
[/quote]

Now, about synergy: [quote=ā€œrhonin.wang, post:1, topic:324608ā€]
So at least choose Hoplite c1(if you dont like to swap weapon) is really a good choice.
[/quote]

damage against bosses, not mobs or pvp.[quote=ā€œrhonin.wang, post:1, topic:324608ā€]
and if you guys think stabbing is really good for fencer, i can list some considerable build with Hoplite c1 or c2
[/quote]

@rhonin.wang if you donā€™t mind sharing some builds, Iā€™d like that. Just out of curiosity (even though I might go hop2 into fencer c3 since this thread gave me some nice ideas for a PvP dragoon build).

Thatā€™s an interesting question, so let me explain that.
1.Dragoons need Hoplite C2 at least,most C3 for Finestra lvl15. Itā€™s alright for fencer to take Hoplite C1, and use one rank to get a good skill.
2.Dragoons is a pure dps class, but fencer can tank and deal damage and make them both good.
3.If fencer can use Finestra, it become too op, then Dragoons will be useless.

Some guys here were in doubt of whether Cartar Stroke is a Good or Bad Skill, Strong or Weak, with Big AoE or Small AoE.
In the video in the linked post, just look at how Cartar Stroke demolishes everything it touches even at lv250.

Actually youre right. With the release with rank 8, right now your rank 1-5 should be used mostly for utility. Stabbing is great for bossing and a great combo if you can pull it off, Preparation+Attaque Coquille+Sept Etoiles+ Stabbing. Kinda hard to fit in that 8 second window but its possible.

yeah, Cartar Stroke is a good skill that will help fencer make up AOE.
Cartar Stroke is enough for lvl1, and HL1 is enough.
So you can build like Pel-HL-Hop-XXX-fencer.

itā€™ll also make levelling up a hell of a lot easier.
imo fencers have so many skills not sure i could be bothered. attaque has 1k attack if you level it a bit, seems good enough to me.

Sincerely thank you for your support.
I have considered several hop-fencer builds but all based on PVE
IMO, Pel is really important in PVE. So let me start with Pel.
choose these 3 class if you want make up your aoe with Cartar Stroke:
Pel1-HL1-HOP1-XXX-Fencer
(rank5 maybe HOP2 for spear lung and Pierce, Corsair for Jolly Roger)
if you want HOP2 and donā€™t like HL1
then
Pel1-HOP2-Corsair1-Fencer
Corsair1 can apply Jolly Roger and Jolly Roger: Unity (in 5 player team) can give you 12.5% block chance and more silver. Dust Devil can use 3 time before cd and 3 hit per, maybe can make up some aoe, but really with short range.
Pel1-HOP2-Barb1-Fencer
As vedio shows, give you 50 crit buff for 5*3s. That maybe the most burst build. But 50 crit seems not significant in high ranks.

(IMO, Corsair costume is the most beautiful class costume, but Fencerā€™s is also impressive )

@rhonin.wang: Yeah, I know itā€™s great for bosses. But itā€™s quite sh1tty in mobbing. Not enough to justify taking a single rank for 1 skill.

Not to mention Stabbing pales in comparison with Finestra. +150 crit rate and +3 AOE ratio. Both crit rate and AOE ratio items are rare in TOS. Worse, these items are expensive as hell

imo, Fencer alone has enough pierce skills. itā€™s better to have your rank 1-5 as a utility/support in building your Fencer. you are basically wasting 1 rank for 1 skill. by picking Hoplite, you may be missing out on:

-Peltasta (Swashbuckling and Guardian, no need to explain these)
-Highlander (Crown against magic mobs/boss, Cartar best strike skill imo, Crosscut+Skyliner combo will always melt bleedable mobs and bosses, and the new Vertical Slash which give you huge damage on WBs since the boss would receive a lot of debuffs)
-Barbarian (2 stuns in Seism and Helm Chopper, +50 crit rate and 50% slash debuff on Cleave, both Warcry/Frenzy now scales and Pouncing)
-Corsair (utility in Jolly Roger, cc in Dust Devil and Iron Hook for pvp)

besides Hoplites get this new attribute which will allow them to deal additional damage against medium-sized enemies while using 1h spear. they are far better off using spears. but donā€™t get me wrong, if you like Hoplite then go for it. :grin:

Not much PB usage here when using it outside magic based mobs that can knock down/back, especially due to high dex built HopFencers.

Lunge(eva)>Cyclone(resist) is also saves me PB usage.
Take it from me I got a whacked out Hop2>Sair>Fen>Dop build. Iā€™m pretty much dead set take Sair2 and Fen3 all up to R10.

Hop only provides extra Pierce type skills, has really bad synergy with Fencer in an overall gameplay, but that is only due to the gameā€™s bad delays that kills bigger possibilities if we have a fast acting weapon switch.

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#111168eee.234f5c6a85.114495b5.253575.1a2f3344618191a5b5

I think Embowel breaks Rush and Pouncing in PvP, but otherwise itā€™s useless.

If you gays think about synergy.
Then see the attribute Rapier Mastery. The stabbing used by fencer will add 15% damage ingnore the monster type.

Finestra is powerful, but with ranking up and card system, the fixed crit rate and AOE ratio will be not that powerful.

Fencer is a Pierce only class, pierce is the first choice even for Plate type enemy .

I dont think that atribute ignore monster type, only 15% more damage in skill

@Fuwaro: The thing is your evasion wonā€™t guarantee 100% immunity against knock back, similar to Cyclone: Resistance. It will be worse when you are going high Str.

Unless IMC decided to change Finestra, Hop better go full Spear rather than Rapier.

@rhonin.wang: Again, the problem with Stabbing isnā€™t damage. Plus Fencer already has more than enough Pierce skills in its set, why more?

What Fencers really lack is AOE ratio (crit rate is always welcomed on all physical dps builds). You donā€™t have many options for AOE ratio: Vubbe Glove, Glad bands and AOE headgears. All of them are expensive and not always available. Meanwhile, Hop can easily get +3 AOE ratio and 150 crit rate in exchange for -78 evasion. Negligible