Tree of Savior Forum

Highlander vs Barbarian

Hi to all…whic is better between highlander and barbarian for dps and pve overall?

Someone can probably give you a more detailed explanation as to why, but from what I hear Highlander is a tad broken right now. kToS did some fixes or changes to it, where as iToS decided not to.

I play a Barbarian x2 and this is pretty much my build’s source for a big AoE. It also has some nice debuffs for enemies, some PvP uses, and pretty soloable until 200. Barbarian x3 is even better for more debuffs and pouncing in PvP. Not to mention if iToS decides to (but remember they didn’t and I think said they wouldn’t for highlander), Barbarian may get some buffs over all because the ones on kToS did.

are barb the best dps build to go as swordsmen? does it beat cata dps?

also can u link me ur build

Well I’m not completely focused on DPS, but it does beat Cata. Cata I think of more as a speed tank until C3, then they get a nice damaging skill.

Mines. Again though, not all DPS. If you want a pure damaging Swordsman you may wish to focus on Dopple, or Corsair>Shinobi for PvP. If you go Dopple the cata path is nice too.

Little warning however cause you’ll find out the hardway: Until a Swordsman rebalance happens (if it does), every other class kinda beats us out right now. Does this stop me? Nope I still love Swordie, lol. Just a fair bit of advice, and unless you really wanna focus on PvP and can power through the hardships of getting a party, Pelt1 for Swashbuckling is rather needed.

ty gna give this a try!

does the build shines at higher ranks or when im barb? also does this have more cc than cata?

It will shine in you being able to do a little of everything, I consider it a “master of none” build myself. Definitely does more damage than Cata, at least before they hit circle 3. I was just discussing this with someone yesterday, actually. You’ll be able to solo fine until level 200, which is when you’ll be needing parties anyway.

Soo now i m swc1-peltc1 and i have to decide if going barb or highlander…i m confused on wich is the best for pve overall…give me some advice plz…i don t won t for the wrong route…note that seems right now that barbarian is more OP than highlander in term of damage/AoE/leveling and partt utility with ton of stuns and buff

Maybe this thread could help you a bit. Also remember whatever you pick needs to tie into your other ranks. Not everything will synergize well together.