Tree of Savior Forum

Highlander C3 vs Barbarian C1 - What to choose for Doppel?

Just remembering:

▲ A new skill, “Zwerchhau”, adds a temporary bonus to slash attacks which, when used in conjunction with other techniques, can become a powerful grinding tool.

Perhaps this month we’ll test if Cleave debuff + this buff work together.

1 Like

i’m almost sure it works with cleave debuff and its going to stack, so if we combo the dmg will be huge

1 Like

I’m sure they will combo like cleave+lunge. But if is another 5s debuff, only 3 secs cyclone can use.

1 Like

you take bar1 because the cleave, and helm chopper as extra strike based dmg and stun. also, since the guardian nerf, pelt become the worst pick for r2 for me, unless of course you want to be a taunt slave.

apparently vertical slash gives quite broken dmg. its on par with Muskeeter “Headshot” now. so I find HL3 is quite appealing.

unless youre fighting boss with really high defence, no, its just easier to use. 1 click you get all the bonus. bar frenzy+warcry gives more dmg than skull swing unless youre fighting, but the set up takes too long.

tbh, id say dont pvp with swordsman if youre not cor/cata. you might do well in 2v2 if theres no mages or clerics since they all are fighting at 5v5, but in 5v5 is quite harsh for melee.
but if you still insist, id choses bar3, because if pounching. its a pretty powerful pvp skill.

no, you block with crossguard. you dont want to swap weapon during fight due to the lagness of the game, just keep your 2h weapon.

idk if this even the right question, because you should get both.
if its HL3 vs bar3, then for me depends on pounching. if IMC somehow reduce its cd to 40s like Rush, then bar3 is way better than HL. but for now, seems like either choice is okay for me.

its 5s, they way buff/debuff countdown is they count the 0s as 1s, so cleave went 4,3,2,1,0, its 5s.[quote=“MattBR, post:9, topic:321523”]
Cleave debuff isn’t the GODNESS essential debuff.
[/quote]

It is. my Cyclone went from 5kish to 9k. with 16-17 hits at lv 10, you are looking at 64-68k dmg difference.

1 Like

Unfortunately one Cyclone has more than 5s of duration.

No, it’s not.

In a boss fight, PvE in general, OK, it’s a “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY skill” like Aggressor was last year with its followers. But in PvP as you know, it’s too difficult to enjoy this debuff, because we are Swordsman.

PS. I know, you aren’t talking about PvP, but I can’t recognize this skill as “super mega giga” key for every swordsman to be something. Is it the new “Swash Buckling”?

2 Likes

No not really, Cleave is important if your skill set is revolved around Slash damage. What I meant back there is people will only take meta build for their party. People can be mean to non-meta builds. That’s why

1 Like

Cleave is huge and essential if you want a truly optimal DPS slash damage build. People go Hoplite C2 just for Spear Lunge and 50 critrate - Cleave is a better version of Spear Lunge and gives 50 critrate on its own, and only requires C1.

1 Like

Thank you all. That was a lot of GOOD information!
Now I am clarified about these two. Thank you.

It’s not about Meta build, it’s common sense. If you have a skill that grants 50% bonus damage to your slash type skills for 5 seconds, why wouldn’t you take it if you’re picking Doppelsoeldner or even Highlander3 (Vertical Slash-Skyliner-Crosscut).

But sure, pick Hoplite, Rodelero, Squire, Corsair, i don’t really care, i’m just pointing it out.

anyone want to post a video/screenshot of vslash in action?

2 Likes

i can test it, and tell the dmg o.O

Do you guys think it might be worth to max Cartar Stroke now? It should take about 3 seconds to fully charge it now, shouldn’t it?

It’s 3.75 seconds now and no, don’t max it. That’s still a very long time to charge a melee skill and you only need Cartar lvl3 to get the scaling attribute.

1. Looks like some people might be misunderstanding how Defense works in relation to Skull Swing.

Every point of defense the enemy has is basically the same as -1 atk for your character. If you have 800 atk and your opponent has 600 def, you are essentially attacking with 200 atk worth of damage, rather than that 600 def being a flat increase to your damage dealt.

Take for example:
Moulinet lvl 1 >>> 5 hits, 151 base atk.
Assume you have 800 patk (str + weapon)
Assume you have 50% attribute
Vs Archmage Fire Lord >>>> 322 def, cloth armor (lvl 190 dungeon)

Without Skull Swing:
(800+151-322) *1.5 (attribute) *1.5 (slash bonus) *5 = 7075~ damage (1415 per hit)
With Skull Swing:
(800+151) *1.5 *1.5 *5 = 10700~ damage (2140 per hit)

Damage increase of 51.24%~.

So YES, Skull Swing does help your damage immensely vs high def targets (dependent on your patk and skill atk as well, of course).

1. As far as I’m aware, the Slash Debuff stacks multiplicatively with cloth bonus, so while you’re doing 50% more damage vs leather and plate, you’re only doing 33.33% more on cloth targets, which is still good.

Using the above example:

VS Cloth
No Cleave:
(800+151-322) *1.5 (attribute) *1.5 (slash bonus) *5 = 7075~ damage (1415 per hit)
With Cleave:
(800+151-322) *1.5 (attribute) *2 (slash bonus + cleave debuff) *5 = 9435~ damage (1887 per hit)

VS Leather
No Cleave:
(800+151-322) *1.5 (attribute) *1 (neutral) *5 = 4720~ damage (944 per hit)
With Cleave:
(800+151-322) *1.5 (attribute) *1.5 (cleave debuff) *5 = 7075~ damage (1415 per hit)

VS Plate/Ghost
No Cleave:
(800+151-322) *1.5 (attribute) *0.5 (slash penalty) *5 = 2360~ damage (472 per hit)
With Cleave:
(800+151-322) *1.5 (attribute) *0.75 (slash penalty + cleave debuff) *5 = 3540~ damage (708 per hit)

tl;dr: You do more damage with Skull Swing/Cleave. Optimal DPS = HL3+Barb1.

… about the “common sense”.

You’r clear and we already understand how wonderful this debuff is, but the point I think you already know is: me and others are happy with “low damage”.
You know guys, there’s other styles and even with this debuff we still worse than Archers and Wizards against World Bosses!
I saw this same movie when it had Aggressor, when everybody takes Peltasta for Swash Buckling and now a recent buff is forcing all HLs to spend a whole Rank for a new one thing. Why? Because it deals more damage, not because you like it.

Who will be the next? Rodelero as a “new meta”?

Yes! I took Rodelero instead of Barb so I can knock people down from safety zone. RodelDoppel for the win!

1 Like

well i guess it is up to you, i have a full circle p1 h3 dopel 2. I should have been more prudent on the future patches. those slash debuffs really makes your attack strong multiplicatively because its 50%.

Well, I like PvP, so I chose Corsair and saw how useful they are in PvE. What’s your favorite color?

1 Like

I think is better think on the Debuff of Restrain that give 20% chance of stag enemies on normal attacks. Who dont want to stag someone then engage with cyclone? But yet, 20% = too much tries before enemy gets stagged. And not to mention the buff of defenses each class has.

All hail the new prophet

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/r8-skills-translation/321914?u=namewasveryshort

3 Likes