Tree of Savior Forum

Hi there! I'm just playing but i cant still decide ._

Hi Saviors! ^^

I’m playing ToS since release on Fedimian Server. I just startet with the Cleric Class, because I love to play Paladin-Classes! :3
The way to level is harder than I thought … i love grinding … but it seems very slow as a Cleric …
Why Paladin? Cause I love to tank, protect my friends and use party support in battle! But … It seems to me that Paladin isnt that Tank at all?
Some calling the class as a thing, that could nothing do right … no dmg, no heal … no tanking skills … no aggro :open_mouth:
I dont know if I get the right classes to be a tanky Paladin … there are so much varieties and opinions that I’m stuffed with infos but got no clear direction, to get the right way …
So I looked at other classes … Peltasta/Rodelero … its got a damn shield! Combined with the Hoplit-Class it ould be fun to block, tanking mobs and piercing them with my sharp spear >.< oh sounds good … very good … but my Cleric is already lvl 40 … should i change to the “Shield-Classes” if i want to be a real tank?
I thought I will take Swordman => Peltasta => Peltasta=>Hoplite=>Hoplite=>Squire=>Squire.
I think this way will be a balanced path to do dmg, tank and bring a small amount of support in game- solo and in party.

Otherwise there will be a place for rodelero with some ranks peltasta- i dont know. ._.

My other Char is a girl with a gun :3
I chose Archer Class going on Quarrel Shooter Rank 3, with Sapper to reach Rank 7 to be a Musketeer- so I will be a tanky shooter with some Boom and sniping skills o.O its not a perfect pvp or pve - mashine, but i think it would be fun to play- With this char I’m satisfied.

Other Char, is not created yet- I love to fight with Katanas and 2handed swords … I really missed a Samurai-Class ._. … but theres a Shinobi Class right? I really would like to take the path of this class- but I cant decide which classes would be fit to play a samurai-like Shinobi

Please note: I’m a real fantasy-nerd … my chars got a fix role with their names … my Cleric got a name, that I always use for paladin classes and this name got his own history … so dont say make a twink o.ô
I dont want to have much chars … I want a tanky melee, a tricky Shooter and a melee Dmger.
My Cleric based on a Elven-Paladin with Mace and Shield to fight the forces of evil with holy light _
My Quarrel Shooter hm. How can I say? Should be a Scarvenger, a Sharpshooter with high agility, precision and 100% cuteness too. A girl with high explosives weapon and a good rifle is alway 100% kwaii! Just like Shinon from Sword Art Online - GGO >.<
My Samurai-Girl … oh i love her! In other games I play Samurai-Like classes … I love blades … I love to slice my enemies o.o My characteristic is always green hair and fox ears. No I dont like Inuyasha >.>

So I hope you can help me to get out this misery of damned hard decision and maybe we meet later to show our playstiles in party :3
I met some kindly players … I hope there are some in Forum too :smiley:

greetings!

1 Like

Paladin isn’t much of anything right now. It’s completely invalidated by pardner scrolls making it pointless.

You can build tanky but you won’t be able to hold the aggro at all so it’s really not advisable. No taunt = no tank.

However Paladin can be somewhat tanky, provide nice support and be a decent enough main healer depending on how you build.

Like in other games, Paladin can do many things, but can’t do anything as good as a pure bred class.

I created a thread and we had some good discussion about Paladin there it would be worth reading:

Hi there!

Yeah … i love the paladin-outfit too! >.< its so epic!
But … still I stuck on Cleric => Priest => Priest => Priest => Paladin => Paladin => Paladin.
Thats my idea of my character … first i wanted to go on Chaplain … because of the outfit <.<"
But the skills are boring to me … so i decided for my Paladin to go Cleric=>Priest3=>Paladin3 to be a real defender … but its hard to play and i cant wait to be a paladin >.<
but … if its no fun to play this class … all time and trouble are finally … blow away … but … Tanking … Peltasta and Rodelero are the same Typus?
I always play chars different … i would be an extraordinary paladin o.O but maybe also a awesome Peltasta/Hoplite?
Moah damn damn damn … there are too much classes in game xD

Thanks forthe link. many opinions, many replies :o but … do you know this feeling? Its like “wow! paladin! awesome!” then you look aside and see a real hoplite-tank piercing Mobs infront of you to have a BBQ and you feel unsure about your job? o.o

let me shatter those dreams.

1. of all paladin is a half ass char. cant really dps nor tank nor support. well maybe supporting a support if that makes any sense. its more of an utility class.

2. peltasta is the only tank class. rodelo is actually a shield class trying to be a dps and failed miserably. hoplite you be stuck with spears.

the bright side you are only 40 and smart enough to ask in the forums. just decide what you want to play and make that char.