Tree of Savior Forum

Help with picking a new build

Hi, returning player here. As of this moment, my current build is Wiz C3 > Pyro C2 > Linker C1 > WL C1 > Sage C1 (well, forgive me for not following the popular builds). I was wondering about the viability of this build after the class rebalance. Any insights are greatly appreciated.

P.S.
It’s not the most efficient build out there but hey, I enjoyed it. Managed to reach Lv318 as a solo player.

linker c1 is not good at all because you can link 5 mobs with i think 6 or 7 hits
WL is pretty meh. pyro c2 is okay. Wiz c3 might not be needed for dps as quick cast attribute was removed, so only take c3 if you want faster casting time or magic missile.
sage stayed the same pretty much in terms of what it was meant to do.

What did you like about this build?

Here are a few examples of farming builds with linker

1 Like

I just find it challenging as a player. Initiating JP then Hangman’s Knot, holding them with Fire Pillar, then spamming them with my Pyro, WL, and Sage AoE skills. Works most of the time unless the mob has high fire resistance. I mostly use Blink and Earthquake to buy myself some time.

Though, with the upcoming patch, I’m considering a Wiz C1 > Pyro C3 > Link C2 > WL C1 > Sage C1. Maxing Sleep and Lethargy at Wiz C1 while leaving Energy Bolt and Earthquake at Lv1 just for the knock back.

Your build is a bit all over the place.
What to you want to use it for?

Farmer, support, aoe damage, bosskiller, pvp?

My planned build is Wiz C1 > Pyro C3 > Link C2 > WL C1 > Sage C1.

I mostly play PvE (e.g., questing, map exploration) so PvP is out of the question.

I prefer mostly AoE attacks that doesn’t cost that much SP. The only reason I have WL C1 is because I need an additional source of DPS especially against fire-resistant mobs. Fire Pillar combined with Pole of Agony has been helping me a lot for quite some time. Dark Theurge also gives me an additional layer of protection.

Totally forgot to reply to the exact post @.@

Here’s my reply to that: link

Pyro will not be a class you can rely on for damage any more.

You might like the new top ktos farmer build:
Wizard2 - Linker2 - Thauma2 - FF2

Got a nice mix of support and damage.

I guess that build really does huge damage. Will cd time be an issue here considering my main source of damage is just FF? I’m a little bit concerned about running in circles with no escape mechanisms while my skills are on cd (considering my gears aren’t that great yet).

Though, I usually can out-DPS most warrior and archer class when taking down bosses in Siauliai Dungeon with my current build.

kundela slash does pretty good damage for something with 3 overheat and about 10 s cooldown i think. This skill alone can solo bosses but eve faster if you curse them first.

The thing about pyro now is that your main damage source i think is from flare. it has 700%+ modifier at level 15 and fireball burn debuff now scales with i think 20 to 40% of your magic attack and the attribute no longer increases cooldown. fireball cooldown got reduced to 8 seconds. This means that your main combos are always going to end with flare. Do note that flare also works on mobs that are on top of flameground and fire pillar. I personally want to see how a pyro c3 chrono c3 sage would work

What if I’ll just go with FF C1?

I’m currently testing Wiz C1 > Pyro C3 > Linker C2 > FF C1 > Sage C1

ff c1 is not good at all.

would you recommend going wizc3 thaumc3 ffc2 and just buy linker scrolls for farming materials?

If you like FF so much, these are 4 recommend builds best for Featherfoot.
be noted that JP provide 50% poison damage, and surespell is good for bloodsucking.

Wiz2-Link2-Thaum2-FF2 for mats farming
JP>HK>SwellBody>KundelaSlash, you get double drop that’s it.

Wiz1-Cryo1-Link1-Thaum3-FF2 for boss killing
Link boss with ice wall for JP poison bonus, then use thaum3 all swells to maximize matk and abuse the mathematical formula to deal highest burst of damage with kundela slash.

Wiz2-Link3-Necro1-FF2 for general DPS
Link everything on dirty pole for poison damage, then kundela slash x3 on the Dirty Pole to kill everything with 50% poison damage. You don’t even need hangman’s knot to do it.

Wiz2-Cryo3-RC-FF2 for pvp/gvg
This is Levitation + Bloodcurse build, Runecaster for giant speed and tanky, rune of ice for combo ice blast with ice wall, wiz2 for surespelll in bloodsucking.

I guess there’s no point in getting it if I won’t go C2, right?

This is hard since I’ll need Sage’s utility defensive skills

What’s your reason for going Wiz C3?

I’m currently experimenting with my current build (Wiz C1 > Pyro C3 > Linker C2 > FF C1 > Sage C1) and I’d say this is quite fun. Though, practicality is a different question.

I’d use JP then Hangman’s, drop some Sleep and Lethargy, lock them with Fire Pillar, then suck them with Blood Sucking. If the mob is immune to Blood Sucking, I can spam my other skills from Sage, Pyro, and FF within 10 seconds.

Sage’s Blink gives me space to activate some skills like Bone Pointing and Fireball and to reactivate some skills like Missile Hole and Enchant Fire. If mobs come close while I still have my cd, I can delay them with Earthquake and Energy Bolt.

Tested it with mobs 3 levels above me and I enjoy it (currently Lv318). It’s not great DPS wise but it gives me skills that can help people in my party and it gives me more chances to survive.

i dont think sage’s defense skills is required much anymore in normal pve. But if you need it then good, because missile hole is also useful for the team
ff c2 is really good because of kundela slash.

Here’s some experiment I tried with the build I mentioned (uploaded it on a friend’s account).

wiz2>link>thaum>chrono2>FF2
is this good or is it really bad.