Tree of Savior Forum

Help with Onmyoji Build!

hi, im thinking about a onmyoji build but i dont know which one will be better. i want a SPR onmy build with thauma. but idk if i should put Pyromancer 3, Cryomancer 3, Wizard - Linker or Wizard 3 build. there are many options bu im not sure which one will be better.any hint?

There’s like 5 threads about this… But Wiz3>Thau3>Sorc1>Omn2 is the most popular build atm

i see those threads but they are talking about the build that they want, or others. no one are comparing those build that i mention before.

1 Like

Onmyo skills get interrupted when you take damage. Wizard2 surespell is an easy way to prevent cast interrupts. Unless you are premade with a wiz2 to get surespell, you should pick wiz2 for solo.

Are you taking thauma3?
Taking wiz2 + thauma3 leaves 2 free ranks. Thauma3 swell brain includes quickcast attribute at 50% swell brain uptime. You must pay silvers to max this attribute.

wizard2 - X - thauma3 - X - Onmyo2.
Most popular is wizard3 + sorcerer1 to fill the ranks. Wizard3 provides a longer duration quickcast and stronger magic missiles. Magic missiles + swell left arm have a special interaction to deal bonus damage. Sorcerer scales with SPR, provides sustained damage, and thauma attributes boosts your summon.

You may view more vids of several onmyo builds on first post of this thead <<click
I collected the vids before onmyo was released on iTOS, they are videos from the KR server.
Perhaps you will find a playstyle you enjoy. I don’t think there are many vids without at least wiz2 surespell.

1 Like

Like others mentioned, wiz3-thaum3-sorc-onmyo2 full SPR is the most popular, but if you want my opinions/theory crafts on pyro3, cryo3, or wiz2-linker2, I’d say pyro3.

Onmyoji’s skill are big AoE with somewhat low cooldown, so pyro’s DoT skills can be casted then focus on spamming your onmyouji active skills. However, since you lack wiz2’s surespell, you will need some crowd control, that’s where fire pillar and fire wall (knockback attribute) become handy.

Cryo3 has good crowd control, but only 1 DoT skill (frost tree). Snow rolling takes a lot of time that you don’t get to spam your onmyouji skills.

Wiz2-linker2 gives an option for single target damage (the new skill, forgot the name), but since onmyouji’s skill are large AoE, linking mobs is less needed, other than for teammates. At least you get surespell and can share some buff with teammates.

I still think wiz3 fits perfectly with thaum3 sorc1. Thaum synergizes with magic missile, and lethargy’s C3 attribute gives better strike damage for your teammates and maybe your summons.

Edit: oh by the way, does anyone know if tile damage works on any onmyouji spells?

Frankly what I don’t like about my regular wizard builds is that I often get more than 10 skills that need to be targeted and it’s a PitA to link them to shift+num or ctrl+num… it’s really not practical. With the wiz3-thaum3-sorc-onmyo2 build, you have exactly 8 skills (6 offensive + 2 debuffs) in your quickcast bar (9 if you skill Energy Bolt which I didn’t), and everything else is either a buff or a summon. Playing around the past couple days, I never had to wait for one of the skills to be available, even if you only get a rotation on 6 of them, since you have overheats and low CDs. And you can still use Sleep or Lethargy in the meantime if there’s a couple seconds delay before something is available again. Or you can simply watch your summons obliterate stuff for you…

So yeah, I understand why this build is most popular…

Have an onmyoji with wiz2 pyro2 because I don’t like summons. I have to say, the firefox fireball attribute doesn’t really live up to expectations. The reduction of duration to 10s is what makes it feel bad. You barely have time to cast 5 fireballs before the fox expires.

EDIT: Just did a test about firefox triple fireball hit effect, it seems that I got scammed. Fireball does do 3 hits, but the individual hits do only 1/2 the damage of normal fireball, which means the damage boost isn’t 3x as expected, but only 1.5x…

Hello!
To be honest with you, in my opinion, the best option to build Onmyoji is not to put Onmyoji in the build.

I have 7 wizards and I have always played with Wizards and I have never seen a red class of high ranking wizard with damage as weak as Onmyoji except Sage 1 when Rank 8 came out which also had no damage but when Rank 9 came and the liabilities of Sage 2 there he was reasonable.
But back to talking about Onmyoji. He has a very large AoE, however, the damage is very weak. To be fair with the class I even saw some utility when you put Onmyoji 1 in the Pyro / Kino build, because the Fox buffs the Kino and the PP-Fireball combo gets strong as long as you put the Enhance attributes of fireball and PP at level 100.

But you need at least wiz2 to be able to use Onmyoji skills, which blocks the build in Wiz2-Pryo3-Kino3-Onmyoji. However, you get little damage against Boss.

Maybe a build like this …
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21144333kk.213a4a6175.1a4a5585.11243f5a7a85.718198aac5
With Cryo-Kino and the new Leda Collar, the damage to Boss is reasonable, since the Buff in PP makes the skill hit on almost every wall …

Or a build with Wiz2-Linker3-Thauma3-Onmyoji1 is good, as Thauma3 would increase Onmyoji’s damage to skills and Linker3 would damage Boss, with the Spirit Shock skill in Linker with Enhance Attributes and Mental pressure up.

Anyway, I do not see in any way the Onmyoji class competing with WL3 … in my opinion loses at all, AoE damage and against Boss.

Against Sage 2, I also think that Sage 2 has more damage to Boss and more utility for missile hole and stronger AoE damage, but with a much higher CD.

And against Shadow, neither compares damage against Boss, but AoE damage is a lot better than Shadow’s … but you get AoE good damage classes in the low ranks with Elementalist, but classes that do a lot of damage against Boss in Low ranks is more difficult.

In the combination I see some players doing for DPS build with Wiz3-Elem3-xxx-Onmyoji. I see no advantage in Onmyoji.
The combination with WL3 is much better for general DPS and the combination with Sorcerer1-Shadow2 is much more complete for AoE DPS and damage against Boss.

Onmyoji is not the most efficient class for DPS …
It is not the most efficient to support, because it is a red class and a Psychokino in C2 has more control than it …
Can not replace the Chrono, because despite giving moveSseed does not have the Pass …

Soon, Onmyoji is an alternative class with a cool outfit, for you to have fun without having efficiency. It may even be effective on some things because of other classes like Linker3 and Thauma3 that will load the Onmyoji in the back, but efficiency does not have it.

And to put the cherry on the cake, I already had information that the IMC will still bug Onmyoji … I do not know how they can nerf it, but that’s what I heard.

1 Like

you can try wiz3 > link3 > RC > onmyo2

You do not want your main source of damage skills to be from Onmyo unless you have the matk and transcended 350 weapon. It is a high rank job with low percent scaling. I recommend a pyro/psycho build to go with it if you want more sustained damage with the aoe.

I went with Wiz3-Kino3-Sorc1-Onmyoji2 and love it so far :satisfaction:

thanks for all reply, yeah i was thinking abut what build i should take, and as many here say. yeah onmy have a low % damage skill, and if he gonna be “nerfed” think its a little useless class. im glad that i not reset my main wizard surely its a funny class with all the AOE, i think im gonna try the mainstream build because i like thauma and that become the character a little support and you can get 6K damage with a 4K damage weapon, so it help a little the onmy skills, i like many builds here but whitout the thauma buff seems like i need to improve too much on weapon. maybe on a future reset.

@guilhermepfvf i try the Wiz 3 > Ele 3 > Warlock 3 build but i dont like it :c feels like i do nothing il try it doing 300 dungeon and take too much time to clear mobs for me, il try Wiz 3 > Pyro 3 > Ele 3 and feels a lot better than warlock path, even using Thauma 3 > Sorccer 3 Feels better to clear many mobs. maybe i was doing something wrong with warlock or idk. but for me was the worst build that i test x.x

@maganimousflame
I tested this build of Wiz-Pyro3-Kino3-Onmyoji2. It is totally unfeasible, since, with the exception of the tiger skill, other Onmyoji skills are slow casting and need SureSpell, QuickCast help but not essential, SureSpell is necessary. With Pyro-Kino I prefer Wizard 2, so you have to take a rank of Pyro, Kino or Onmyoji. Honestly I would take Onmyoji because I was VERY disappointed with this Rank 8 class. But it’s up to everyone to choose, but my advice is, do not do Onmyoji without SureSpell.

@xxwintersnowxx
I understood your point of view regarding your style of play. But I don’t see any possibility of a Pyro3 giving more damage than a Warlock3.
But anyway, if you liked it more like this, good luck, the important thing is to have fun. If so you’re having fun, good game. :+1:

because its not supposed to…
wl3 is obviously a damage e peen enlarger

i think of onmyo2 like sr3, needs good gear to succeed late, but farms lower tier content with lots of squishy monsters like a boss, speed boost atrib from tiger makes it even better for this task.