Tree of Savior Forum

Help with best build?

I’m really thankful for the useful replys.

I had seen that post, but i wasn’t sure that this build was played on closed, or is being played right now on korea server.

What makes me unsecure is the fact that every support build is running priest 2 or priest 3.

Also the fact that Zaibas damage seems to scale poorly at end game, and it forces you into Int build, that is way less resilient then Dex/Con builds that uses skills that does not need a stat to scale well.

Chill.

Guides are there so people can get a better idea on what to do. Why the hell do you think there are guides in the first place? It’s pretty hard to decide on what classes to take in the future seeing how he/she has never played it before.

Anyways, you might want to take Diev C2 as they are good support and a good source of higher DPS. The bad thing is that you already went pretty deep in to Krivis. I believe I’ve seen some builds with 2 Krivis and 2 Cleric, so go take a look into those. You don’t need priest to become support. Cleric C2 is good enough. I’ve seen people running ET that contribute a good deal that don’t go priest.

1 Like

That is what i’m looking into right now BlackGhost.

I’m not sure what is the best route since i’m already Cleric 2 / Krivis 2.

The ones i’m thinking about are:

Cleric 2 / Kirivs 3 / Pardoner 1 / Plague Doc 1

Cleric 2 / Kirivs 2 / Priest 2 / Plague Doc 1

Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Bokor 2 / Plague Doc 1

Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Priest 1 / Pardoner 1 / Plague Doc 1

Cleric 2 / Kirivis 2 / Paladin 1 / Pardoner 1 / Plague Doc 1

Cleric 2 / Krivis 3 / Paladin 1 / Plague Doc 1

Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Pardoner 1 / Druid 1 / Pague Doc 1

Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Paladin 1 / Druid 1 / Plague Doc 1

So… there is many options… but i’m not sure if one of those can be really good at endgame…

Most important parts of the build is just PD and Cleric C2. The rest can basically be whatever as having those 3 ranks make you pretty viable

1 Like

BlackGhost: This is good on one side, but makes me fear a nerf is coming for PD… o_o

How good is Pardoner with Plague Doctor in pratice?

Is Krivis 3 useful? I dont think we need 15 extra buff slots, and most of Krivis buffs seems weak, and with bad scaling…

Any idea of what is optmical to fill the build roles?

Krivis2 will be sufficient. You’re better investing an additional rank for something more worthwhile.

However if I’m not mistaken. Paladin & Bokor is STR build. Whereas Krivis is INT build. Not so sure about Pardoner & Plague Doctor tho.

I’m choosing PD because it’s a good source of damage as well as support. It’s fun for meso that’s why I chose PD.

I’m going to copy and paste my reply from another thread regarding pardoner:

For those wondering why I didn’t go Pardoner for Incineration extension is because it’s a waste of a rank just to get 1 skill.
Don’t forget, for each debuff you have on an enemy -> +2 seconds.
-Laima gives 2 debuffs with attribute
-Deprotection Zone gives 1 debuff
-World Tree gives 1 debuff
-Chortasmata gives 1 debuff (?)
For a total of +10 seconds -> 15 seconds on Incineration.
That’s counting only your OWN debuffs. When you’re in a party, your party’s debuffs will most likely keep Incineration up full time.
Picking Druid over pardoner gives more damage and more PVP viability.

Here’s my take on a DPS/support build, give it a look:

2 Likes

I understand your argument on Diev, but isn’t it only for Diev 3?
With Diev 2, i will only pick Owl 5, and not 10, and i will not have acess to Ausrine, so no “not getting hit”.

Also, if i do not go Diev i have no Laima for 2 extra debuffs, and my Incineration will not last that much.

Pardoner also gives you Magical Defense buff for the party.

I’m not sure Pardoner is the best route, but i dont see how Diev 2 would be any better. =/ If i could go back and pick Cleric 1 / Krivis 2 / Diev 3 / PD 1 or Cleric 2 / Krivis 1 / Diev 3 / PD 1 i would agree that it would be great.

What about Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Priest 2 / PD 1?
It trades Stone Skin for extra buff slots, and 5 levels of Divine Stigma.
Priest adds one debuff… not that bad…

I could also go Paladin 1 / Druid 1, but i’m not really sure druid 1 is any good.

Druid 1 is good for damage (but it has a hit limit). Do you want a bit more damage? Go Druid. However, with Krivis 2, your other choices are limited.

I would suggest Diev 2>PD (Owl and Silence Tree)

or Krivis3>Diev1>PD (you should max out zaibas for this route).

Or Krivis 3 > Druid2 (invulnerability and higher damage carnivory). Not as much support or damage from Diev C3(as Diev C3 has Ausrine compared to invulnerability grass AND the totems) imo but you do decent damage and covers the partial weakness (which I don’t consider as a big one) of static statues (even though tanks or you can lure mobs into it).

Both builds seems interesting.

Krivis 3 > Druid 2 seems the more natural route. But im not sure how Sterea Trofh works.
Without debuff protection from PD, seems that PvP would be really bad with this character. But maybe Transform can be useful if i pick the right monster, but i’m not sure.
Also the fact that druid provides no buffs makes the extra buff slots from Krivis seems less useful.

The Krivis 2 / Diev 2 / PD seems to be a more interesting route, but Owl 5 feels a bit weak for PvP, and only ok for PvE.
This one have PD and that is great for debuff protection, and extra damage skill that is great with only 5 levels.

I also felt that Krivis 2 was a bad idea. =/

Can Melstis maintain Sterea Trofh? Or can it prevent enemies from dispeling buffs? (that could be useful in PvP)

Stera Trofh makes anyone on the grass that you’ve probably created with Chortasmata invulnerable (I’m not sure if only to damage or to debuffs as well).

You can go Krivis 3 > Druid > PD or Krivis 3 > Diev > PD. Druid for a bit more DPS. or Diev for better support (I would choose diev for this choice but that’s just me).

With Krivis 2, your role will be more support than DPS in pvp. Clerics in general will be more support than DPS in pvp.

From the looks of it, melstis only maintains buffs, not aoe effects that disappear after they’re gone (try checking around). Also, just a heads up, melstis is a huge sp drainer (5% per second).

1 Like

It causes chortasmata or nearby grass to give invuln to your group as long as it’s up. That is to say it nullifies dmg, and most knockback effects but not debuffs.
(It’s basically functions the same as a larger safety zone.)

From what i heard Melstis does not work on cirle/tile based buffs, which should include sterea trofh. (I did test sterea, but not melstis.)

But it’s weak to anti circle skills like counterspell , reversi, detonate traps, capture and whatever else i’m forgetting.

And as a warning, Ausrine is currently bugged and acts very erratic. So don’t plan for builds that rely on it just yet.

1 Like

Thank you all for the amazing advices.

I’m right now between two builds:

This one has the advantage that we might find uses for melstis on the future, or it might receive buffs. Also transform might be better then i give credit for.
The downside is no debuff protecton for PvP, but also not vulerable to Plague Doctor nerfs that might come in near future.

And the other build:

This one seems better for PvP because of silence, debuff prevention, and incineration.
The problem is low Owl, so low PvE Damage, and the vulnerability to possible Plague Doctor Nerfs, since all my real damage will come from it.

The biggest deciding factors are:
Druid skills are good?
Melstis is useful or can be exploited in any way? (exploited as in a combination with something that makes it powerful, not as use of a bug.)
Druid invulnerability also protects against CC in PvP?
Is telepath a good CC in PvP?
And transform? There is any monster you can turn into that has a worthy skill? Can you use your own skills when you are transformed? If you use Shape Shifting, does the monster you “saved” for Transform disappear after one use of Transfor? Or if you log out? Change map? This is important.

Those are the main problems i’m looking into right now.

Any ideas?

Im looking for those question too.
1more question, druid’s att skill can done all 50hit on single enemy(boss) before time up?

No one that plays a druid can give us some information?

Haven’t yet gotten to druid, still 5 class levels to go. But i’ll post my icbt2 notes with some adjustments:

[Warning, parts are likely outdated.]

Carnivory:

• If Chortasmata was used nearby it’s placed at that location.
  • If no grass was nearby you can still place chortasmata after this skill to get the full effect.
  • Does not hit flying enemies.
  • It has no splash or aoe ratio, so it simply hits all enemies in it’s radius per tick. Each enemy hit that way counts as 1 hit.
  • A good chunk of grass ingame does not work for this skill, especially in later areas.
  • Damage and hits scales well with skill level.
  • it ticks very fast, easily deals all of it’s dmg in a few seconds.
    ~ Damage is purely magical, meaning it only receives bonus dmg vs ghosts. No penalties though.

Sterea Trofh:

• Same chortasmata/Grass function as above.
  • Acts as a regular invulnerability effect, and thus it prevents damage and some knock back effects. But does nothing versus debuffs.
    (Melstis shouldn’t affect sterea trofh, from what i heard at least.)

Transform:
Turns you into the last used shape shift for 60-100 seconds. See below for transformation details.

• It remembers your last used shape shift even after log outs.
  • Cool down only starts after you leave the shape.

Shape Shifting.
Turns you into the enemy standing in front of you if it’s a plant, beast or insect type enemy.

• Chortasmata allows you to turn any not flying mob into a plant type, so you have a very large selection. Hunters/Canoneers can make flying enemies grounded even.
  • You cannot use any of your existing skills while in this form.
  • You receive 1-3 attack skills and a exit transformation skill in return.
    ~ Your stats do not change while shapeshifted.
  • Majority of descriptions and names for these skills are missing, even icons are. (in icbt2 ofc.)
  • You do not get access to all the skills these monsters normally use, most buffs, heal or utility skills are entirely removed.
  • The attack skills scale with either physical or magical attack and most have a dmg type and element. (pierce/blunt/slash + poison/lightning/ice/fire/holy/dark)
  • These skills had horrible hit detection in icbt2.
  • Majority of said skills only hit 1 enemy, making it often worse then a auto attack.
  • Cool down only starts after you leave the shape.

Telepath:

• Requires aiming and can easily miss for keyboard mode.
  • Enemy moves slower while mind controlled.
  • Same skills are available as during transform, not sure what skills you get in pvp.
  • Enemies in pve can disappear when the effect ends.
  • It’s a r10 status effect so it cannot be cured or prevented.

I didn’t find any transforms worthwhile in icbt2, heard some ET mobs may be good options though.

It easily hit 30 times with a 10s duration in icbt2 at least.

So Druid Shape Shifting is not great.

Telepath seems good because its R10 effect.

Sterea Trofh seems nice, but is less effective then PD debuff immunity because it cannot prevent CC’s on your team.

Carnivory seems nice, but also does not attack flying creatures.

In the end i still don’t know if i go:

Cleric 2 / Krivis 3 / Druid 2
or
Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Dievdirby 2 / PD 1
or
Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Paladin 1 / Pardoner 1 / PD 1

I was even thinking about a Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Diev 3 with no r7 or r6 class… and then hope for in the future for the new class rankings to open so i can get something interesting at the end.

Either that or Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Priest 3, hoping for the same thing… =/
(or Cleric 2 / Krivis 2 / Priest 2 / PD 1… idk…)

I finally reached job class for the 5th class, and when the servers goes back up i will be forced into a decision… but still i feel zero confidence because everywhere i look people are running in diev 3 or priest 3, with no krivis or only 1 of krivis. =/

Krivis 2 was the worst thing ever… =/

Here is a reddit post from two weeks ago from a 280 krivis3/druid2 (ktos). He posts a youtube video and answers some questions

As for me, the diev2->PD sounds the most interesting assuming you go int with zaibas and owls.

1 Like

This reddit link only made me even more worried…

He says that the best PD is rank 7… best druid rank 60…
He also says that PD is way better for PvP, and also says that hes build is weaker support then priest3/Pd and that he only went druid because of transform 4fun.

o_o

Seems my build is doomed, and i should reroll… what a waste of time, only because of 1 extra level of Krivis. =/

Since Druid seems to be a bad choice, should i go:

2 Cleric > 2 Krivis > 1 Paladin > 1 Pardoner > 1 Plague Doc
or
2 Cleric > 3 Krivis > 1 Paladin > 1 Plague Doc
or
2 Cleric > 2 Krivis > 2 Paladin > 1 Plague Doc
or
2 Cleric > 2 Krivis > 2 Divs > 1 Plague Doc
or
2 Cleric > 3 Krivis > 1 Divs > 1 Plague Doc

From those, anyone had any idea of what is the better?

Thanks again for all the help…