Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

The best for PvP outside of specific builds.

Sword3 - Cata3 - Dragoon.

1 Like

when you get the time, could you do a review of

Sword - Pelt - Hop C2 - Corsair C2 - Dragoon

Thanks for taking the time to put this thread together. It is immensely useful for a new player like me.

After reading your thread and those of some of the others, I am presently debating between one of the following builds for a pve chara:-

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Thanks for this thread. My earlier posts got flagged for some reason, something about advertisement when I only wanted to post the urls to my builds from the simulatorā€¦

Anyhow, would like to ask your opinion on which of the following builds be more feasible for pve?

The 1st is adapted from your build above but lacks access to decent aoe skill (apart from umbo), i.e., swd-pel-hop3-doppel-drag

The 2nd allows access to nice aoe skills in the 4th rank, i.e., swd-pel-hop-cata3-drag

The 3rd is based on lajkonikesā€™ barb build above, i.e., swd-pel-b3

I really like the early access to the aoe skills plus the damage looks really nice. I havenā€™t really decided past rank 5 though. Would doing doppel2 be useful? Or would it be more feasible to go hoplite2 to utilise crits? @_@

I would be grateful for your comments.

How about Swordman - Peltasta - Hoplite - Hoplite - Cata - Cata - Dragoon?

hey man, i asked minutes ago to cathexis, wanna know your opinion about that too:

some guys told me that the best build for PvP Swordman is Sw3 cata3 dragoon.

My point: restrain can be countered by plague doctors. And the physical attacks by the priest3. Whats the point to get swordman 3 while you can get iron hook from corsair, which cant be countered?

So, the best pvp build wouldnt be with a corsair path?

I think we just need to understand that there is no path that doesnā€™t have a counter.

Plague doctor and Stoneskin are currently really powerful against us swordies, but if we get lucky and have a fight without them or see that window of opportunity to attack, Sword 3 > Cata 3 > Dragoon is best set up to take advantage of it.

i agree with your argument. but look at this:

How did he knocked down everytime? o.o if thats a rodelero thing, a think rode2 could be a VERY STRONG path in pvp.

Wow, that was actually amazing. Very strong build alright.

That was when Rodelero skills were able to be exploited to have 0 cool-down.

They already fixed that with a patch a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Hi, I havenā€™t played the game at all but I wanted to have a try at the Dragoon class once the game gets released. I was wondering what would be a pretty balanced PvP/PvE build if one actually exists. Iā€™ve found a build on tosbase by some other user

and it seems to be a PvE build, but according to you if corsair is used you can have a good PvP viable class, is this build any good according to you?

and those guys suck in pvp. all pve buildsā€¦

Dont forget sword > pelta > high 3 > doppel 2 :slight_smile:

maybe you can add the stats of each build for novice players like me, I think it would be very helpful to them.

Great guide !

Answered above, Doppelā€™s build will soon come, as well as Cataā€™s.

@hanlin1009

CataC2 is a bad choice. You donā€™t have access to Rush and you canā€™t uptime Trot. Go with pure C3 Cata or with HopliteC3, which will have Spear Throw spam at itā€™s disposal.

@chrisyty

You donā€™t need Bash 4, one point will make you no difference. While Pain Barrier gives you at least one additional second for CC prevention.
Maxing Guardian in DPS build is an extremely bad idea.
Maxing Lunge is useless, since itā€™s debuff doesn;t scale with level.
Gae Bulg isnā€™t needed in PvE that much. If you want it, may put one point from Dragon Soar.

At least one point in Guardian, that Evasion is really not that bad.
Forget Steed Charge alltogether.
Only one point in Impaler will suffice.
MAX Trot. Cata is famous for itā€™s mobility, use it!

Show me the third build, I need to see it.

@Phntm

Reviewed this build above.

@vic.loire

As soon as I get to Doppel.

[size=25]Updated.[/size]

2 Likes

AFAIK Overkills doesnā€™t provide extra exp anymore
LINK

Can you also include your recommended stat ratios for each build?

Patiantly waiting on your cata build guide. Im going swordsman1, pelta1,hoplite1,cata3,dragoon.

Plan on switching between 1hspear+shield for mobbing using swash, and then switching to 2h spear to burn down mobs using catas, and drag AOE attacks. People seem to forget its easy to change equips in this game.

Does this sound good? Mainly for PVE.

[size=25]UPDATED.[/size]

• Now includes Stats section after each build.
  • This is the last build for Dragoon. Next, we shall start with Doppel and itā€™s variants.

@nacochip

Added.

@creative34521

Reviewed.

1 Like

I have questions about All-rounder cata build.

1. Does it have 100% uptime skill so no point in Thrust needed? Since Thrust with max attributes gives more than 2 times normal attack.

2. Steed Charge not needed for PVP knockdown?

3. Why do you choose to take away 1 point from Earth Wave instead of Doom Spike or Rush to take Impaler?