Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Hoplite - By Cathexis

Good guide, but what do you think about this one:
swordsman C2 - Hoplite C2 - Corsair C2 - Dragon C1?

@Cathexis

I’m going

S1 -> Pelt1 -> Hop3 - ?? - Dragoon

Still unsure about what to go after circle 3. I’ve got 20 dex and 40 con, now going full str.
Any suggestion for a Off-Tanker?

Some thoughts I had was going back to swordsman circle 2 and get more points in gunk, contentrate and pain barrier. Would this be too dumb?

might as well go doppel and get it’s attack/attack speed buff.

So doppel for attack and attack speed.
Cata and rode have any benefits worth mentioning?

Catas most obvious benefit is his insane MS. And rush is really good. Earthwave is just a source of pretty high and consistant damage.

Rode has lots of good CC, but crappy animations. So currently it’s certainly underpowered.

Hi Cathexis,

Thanks for the detail guide. Whats should i max as Hoplite c3? Pierce or Stabbing? From my experience stabbing does a lot more damage to bosses compared to pierce at lower levels. Im at hoplite c2 now.

From the guide i see that pierce on hoplite c3 is maxed but i heard stabbing outdamages pierce and i feel that way too on hoplite c2

Cuz of the scaling, max stabbing does not increase much damage from it’s already OP damage, so better add some points on weaker skill to buff it :smiley:

Stabbing gets more dps if you manage to land all the hits. But pierce is much easier to land + it’s burst.

So max stabbing for dps, pierce for burst.

And how much CON you should put on hoplite ?

I’d say 40-100. Less is suicidal, more may be obsolete.

Hey Cathexis, i need your help!
I´m Pelt c1> Hop c3, i want something more pvp, do u think taking cata c1 or c2 worth ???
Or go for the safe route dopel > dragoon, is it good on pvp?

Is cata1 still viable for rank 6 after hopc3?

I would suggest going doppel>dragoon.

Reason for that is cata will not do any good at c1 and at c2 it will not even come close to dragoon.

But if we look for the future and ranks 8-10 posibilities, idk, cata might be viable… but no one knows this

Edit: english is hard - grammar fixes

Stabbing should be maxed out in general, but if you are looking to have more burst for something like PvP, then Pierce would be a better option although it is the less popular option

If you want to PvP it is better to go with Cataphract C3 instead, because with the Hoplite C3 route you don’t have any CC or real mobility so you are at a huge disadvantage.

Not really, you don’t gain much by doing that when compared to Doppelsoeldner.

But seriously guys, I am not responding anymore in here. I moved all the conversation to the “new” thread a while ago, so I don’t really look in here anymore:

it is pve and pvp type ?

I choose highlander is it ok to continue this path or should i create and choose pelta? Im leve 31 at the moment

Hi Cathexis. Really loved your guide and help me a lot.

Btw Cathexis. I haf 2 build in mine.

Swordsman > Pelt > Hop C3 > Doppel > Dragoon
Swordsman > Pelt > Hop C2 > Corsair C2 > Dragoon

What u think about this 2 build ??
Which one should i choose ?? (Pve 70%, Pvp 30%).

How about hop c2 > cata c1 > Doppel c1 > Dragoon?

u either go cata 3 or nothing, Cata is usually good for pvp cause of Rush, the moving speed and the earth wave awesome aoe
In pve they are decent but not the best

1 Like