Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide]Evensin's Monk [Cleric 1 Priest 3 Monk 2 Plague Dr 1]

You got

• Arcane Energy for more Stamina
  • Counter Spell to wipe any type of ground magic and at the same time protection you from any magic damage for a long duration
  • Forecast Attribute
    http://www.tosbase.com/database/attributes/411006/
    5% is a lot.
  • Prophecy to protect you from Lv 1 Aliment Status which has the biggest table (Lv 2 table isn’t scary at all and Lv 3 only has Incineration and beyond that well not even PD Beak mask or Bloodletting can protect you)
  • The skill Change is situational for GvG

Plague Doctor Nerfs for ONLY PVP and GvG

Healing Factor

• Duration now lasts a fixed duration of 27 seconds.
  • Skill Cooldown will increase by 20 Seconds.

Bloodletting

• Duration becomes 15s + 2 per level.
  • Skill Cooldown will increase by 20 Seconds.

In brief you can’t get 100% up time on Bloodletting anymore even if you rotate lv 5 Beak Mask.Healing factor doesn’t nearly have 100% uptime anymore.

Monks with Incineration is not logic as for now lol who knows in the future.

• Pandemic DOES NOT SPREAD the Monks dots or debuffs
1 Like

Thanks. so much!! and yea now I see.

the only benefits pd give monk are: anti-CC, healing factor(for surivability), and maybe fumigate (to cure people…) … pandemic doesn’t benefit monk in anyway

Oracle gives: anti-CC, anti-magic (for survivability against magic mobs - lots of them late game), forecast anti damage (100%uptime, does not occupy buff slot at 5% chance), and some fun (albeit useless?) farming skills (change, resetting lol)

also, how is “change” used in GvG?

To change the Goblins Warriors so you can kill them fast,they tend to reck your dievs owl statues,guild tower and can be somewhat annoying when it’s chasing you.

Any other options for monk c3 at rank 8 if u dont go inqui?

I know that inqui is the best and probably a “must” if you want to be efficient at rank 8 contents but I just dont fancy that class… so I was wondering what else to pick for a cleric2priest2monk3 at rank 8.

Cleric C3 for rank 8

Because of the new buff on Guardian Saint

https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/401018
https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/401015

From the skill you get HP, SP and STA recovery increase.
The downside is that it was a long CD of 90 seconds and you got 18 charges (with DM) but it will make you more tankier and have lot’s of survivability.
You also get more heals and better SZ/DM
More DM will help scale your future Rank 9+ skills with your current ranks.

Priest C3 will either give you Lv 15 Blessing or Lv 15 Apersion and Lv 5 Stone Skin.Pardoners can already support you with most of the Priest buffs for PVE.For GvG you will have most likely a FS Cleric to compensate you guys with those buffs in case you die and loose the Pardoner buffs in combat.The only place it will help is in TBL and you got no Priest C3 in your team.Furthermore,Blessing would be better than the Pardoner Blessing if you scale SPR but I doubt your going to scale SPR with your Monk build.So the only thing you will benefit from C3 Priest is more Lv’s in Mass Heal and Revive (More levels in revive is only good for PVE) and Stone Skin.

You can’t do much at rank 8 if you don’t go Inquisitor.

Other options would be Kabbalist for PVP/GVG and Diev C1 (It will only be for the Laima statue that will benefit you a lot)

Note:I don’t believe in Sadhu/Monk,to be honest is the worst build you can ever go because you need to scale for magic and physical to satisfy Monk and Sadhu skills.Later down the road at rank 9+ Sadhu will fallout.The only useful skill from Sadhu is the explosion for PVP and the mobility people brag about isn’t at all good.You can walk and you can gain more distance than if your body reconnects with your soul.The only useful thing with Prakriti is that you can use it to get over walls and obstacles.The Monk/Sadhu is a gimmick build design only for PVE,even so it’s still weak compare to other options.

i hated inquisitor but it is the only path for monk to take. wheel is slash damage. pear is strike, godsmash is strike, and u get 1 magic attack skill that is also strong even without any INT.

(Correct me if I’m wrong, came back to the game few weeks ago after being away ever since R8 came)

Sadhu Monk is specifically for bossing in PvE with very minute difference in damage IMO. Diev C2 / Priest C2 is still preferred for monks for better utility and support options. I am a Sadhu Monk and chose it, knowing that I will not be as “optimal” as without Diev C2 and Priest C2, and I do not recommend Sadhu Monks to anyone really. With that said, I will still choose Sadhu Monk though because its fun for me and its what matters, right? Please don’t mind me sharing my experiences about Sadhu Monks.

As a Sadhu Monk, you only scale physical, and magic is more of a if-it’s-there-take-it kinda thing. Out-of-Body (OoB) basic attack is meh in the first place, I just leave it to whatever mace I get to decide its attack.

The main focus for OoB for me, is the decreased defense attribute and evasion you get after OoB snapshots you with Monstrance on full DEX. BUT, your defense gets reduced to 0, big risks right there. Astral Explosion is useful CC to knock monsters away when there is simply too much to handle, that is if it’s not bugged like last time. OoB’s mobility isn’t going to get you anywhere unless Sadhu C2-C3, but where it shines for me is when you’re fighting bosses (you already have your OoB out while fighting bosses) and you want to move away fast from the heat of boss attacks to charge Energy Blast or to place heal tiles in a safe spot a dying party member (I know, monks don’t heal, I’m an odd monk). Vashita Siddhi is useless, enough said.

Sadly, Sadhu Monk is more of a solo PvE build, and in a game where party play is king, Priest C2 and Diev C2 offers far more for the party than Sadhu Monks who have to invest 1 circle in Sadhu. With that said, Sadhu Monk is a fun build, and I just want to say that Sadhu Monk is not all THAT bad of a build.

EDIT: Sorry for the long-winded talk, I got triggered when Sadhu Monks get dissed.

Can you do good damage in Solmiki with a Sadhu/Monk?Just curious…because you said it’s a solo PVE build and a king when it comes to party play.

Sadly, Monks, let alone Sadhu Monks, are never given a chance to even try Solmiki. Its hard to get people to form a static with you when you see Monk C3. Apologies if,

… sounded confusing, it simply means Sadhu Monk is a solo PvE build, but Priest C2 and Diev C2 offers far more for the party compared to a Sadhu Monk in a game where party play is king. I have rephrased my wording a bit.