Tree of Savior Forum

Guess the number event had a trick last year to know the right number, heres the proof

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/determine-number-in-the-crystal-root-lottree-event/?source_topic_id=366254

tried this and it doesnt work, im going to assume IMC didnt make the number server-sided and its still client sided.

in this thread we must summon our lord and savior addon devs for any help regarding IMC re-using past events with obvious security flaws

@IllFatedGaming
@Excrulon (please be alive ;_:wink:

to clarify - this trick does not currently work, we need a different line of code (assuming its still client sided)

what a fun bossing event, take 30 mins killing a 500mil hp boss then nobody ended up even getting the buff for the reward

10/10 yet again imc

3 Likes

2 Likes

Tried once, method still seems to work, just need a different code

Edit: By that I mean I managed to get the correct answer and prize. You just need to use a different code

ya i had a hunch with the way the console still worked fine that it was probably just another client sided integer assigned to us on login or somewhat

2 Likes

They probably hid the number on the server side. I tried it, doesn’t work anymore.

wot, who summons me?

Already looked into this, the number isn’t available clientside any more as far as I can determine.

Are you sure? Did you try looking in “164556.ipf/global.ipf/script/event”?

1 Like

Not sure if it’s the same guy, but there’s an “Excrulon” doing community stuff (data gathering AFAIK) for RO Mobile right now. Maybe he’s working with Clo (a renowned player, mostly popular being with, perhaps heading, a team of devs and translators making a non-official English version/patch of the current game). Maybe XD.com or whoever is intended to be the publisher for the official English version has hired them already.

Back on topic, maybe IMC did fix that issue. Maybe it just requires some changes to Excrulon’s or a completely different code.

ill take your word for it then, lets all assume its now server sided

1 Like

…being ignored here, so I guess no one wants the code. Guess that’s better since it feels like cheating anyway

4 Likes

me want the code. In which folder can i find that ipf file?

up pls its an addon saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

not ignored, just had no idea what you were talking about

It still works, the trick is to use the code right after you are asked to put the daily number in.

5 Likes

I preferred the old non cheating way of knowing if you were too high or too low instead of blind guessing, promoting annoyance and this kind of “stuff”

There you have it folks IMC still can’t into server side programming some of their events.

I’m guessing they’re scared of putting it in the server side as it ‘might’ cause some ‘issues’, worse than IT kids fiddling with their codes in the client via dev commands.

it is working :smile:

What you guys do poses more work than just guessing a few times…

local aobj = GetMyAccountObj(); print(aobj.EV170711_TODAY_NUMBER_1);

4 Likes