Tree of Savior Forum

Guess that's my queue not to come back

The answer is gold. :joy:

Sad times indeed my friend.

Have you been banned for tooltip helper?

Nah, it’s because of some other addon not listed on the manager. PSA - (most if not all) addons listed on the addon manager are reviewed by other addon developers and with general consensus and best judgement, that it follows IMC’s stance on addons which can be found here and which IMC could possibly shed some light on this matter since the last announcement was from ages ago despite recent ban waves.

Alongside this topic, which I hope the community moderators would take the time to read it (and possibly cascade if my feedback has deemed useful) as it would be a win-win situation for both IMC and the playerbase (tagging @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Yuri)

One idea that I had in mind was for IMC to at least collaborate with regards to the addon manager - more of it being another communication channel to the playerbase for a more fulfilling game experience, it would also be greatly appreciated and would be of great help for the community with regards to further oversight, guidance, legitimacy, usage and feedback as well - don’t you guys wanna shorten the feedback loop?

Let me state some facts here - publishers/platforms in the specially in the game industry has had a trend of their playerbase increasing over time, mainly just because they provided an avenue for the players to improve on their games, as well as making the gameplay experience better for everybody - APIs. Even though this reference post is old, it’s still very relevant data with regards to trends if you correlate each API listed here to their publisher/platform/company in relation to their overall company performance.

Platforms/Publishers/Game Companies such as:

• Steam
  • Twitch
  • Discord
  • Blizzard - WoW
  • Square Enix - FFXIV
  • NCSOFT - Guild Wars 2
  • wouldn’t it be nice to see IMC here alongside a hell lot more in the industry

By leveraging off the addon manager, community staff could possibly use this as an avenue for events for the avid, hardcore player looking to make their gameplay experience more enjoyable, or just the creative mind who just wants to pitch in some new unique ideas specifically for the game. It opens up a variety for community events other than in-game events, the next loading screen fanart and designs for the next pet. It could even be the next innovation for ToS!

It paves the way for crowdsourcing - possibly like hearing the community’s thoughts on which existing lackluster feature they would like to rework/improve, or having a community event for an addon for the next core game feature, or bug-bounties for players to participate in. This could also lessen operations cost (and IMC developers could have the time to focus on what really matters - fixing core bugs, exploits and vulnerabilities) since for events like these you don’t have to spend real money for wages per se, but in-game payouts as incentives rather.

Let me know your thoughts, it would be my pleasure to provide feedback. I really do hope we get to see an addon API from IMC soon, since that API will be IMC’s interface for people who want to help contribute in making the game better, and giving the community a more awesome experience. It is through this API where bugs/exploits/vulnerabilities should (hopefully) not happen, as this toolkit should provide the community what they need in order to help build awesome, helpful, new, shiny and useful stuff on top of this great game.

3 Likes

may i aske what is this unlisted addon that got you banned? ‘w’

areyou sure the ban reason was for addon outside of addon manager?
because imc stated that she would warn the playerbase about addons that would be motive for ban and this of course includes addons outside of the addon manager too, before starting the ban wave, so if this was really the reason for you ban, you should appeal based on this information that was given by imc itself since i have not seen any news about such addon and i doubt the addon you are using is from past ones, since most of them does not work anymore!
Since you can read the msg on the link you posted itself :
3) Restrictions incurred by add-on usage
When penalizing users of certain add-ons deemed inappropriate by our standards, we will announce the list of add-ons or functions. Any users using those add-ons or functions after the mentioned time-period on such announcements will be penalized.

Please make sure to read the details mentioned above and keep a close eye on the official website for any announcements to which add-ons are deemed as inappropriate to make sure that you do not experience any inconveniences.

So there is no reason to be banned by a addon right now, since most of the past ones who are prohibitive is not working and there have not been any news about any new addon that should be added on the blacklist.

Probably something to do with aut.h.key :cough: or macros.

Telsiai got hit by a rather large banwave recently. Some rather prominent guilds got shanked.

would be nice if we get a response from OP

though may i know what is the nature of this macros and are they listed as prohibited addons?

edit:well, was not meant to reply to you but to the thread.
to be true with you some may see au****key as addon but for me it is not even a addon even more a TOS addon but a full fleshed program that allows players to swap keys and macro’s keys as well, is mostly used by users who want to configure their own personal hot key binds since some games could not allow players to swap keys around and of course can function as macro program too!.
so in my humble opinion bringing this program and try to make him look as simple tos addon is a blasphemy in itself ,i may have misunderstood but it seems by veldt msg implied that the ban reason in telsiai was because of it so of course a player can build addon that works as macro but a*****key have already gone far beyond this category and is already classified as full fleshed program so trying to pass it on appeal to be unban is just beyond of what i considers right.
of course i’m not gonna admonish everyone who uses it, since using it for swapping keys is no big and should not have been reason for ban in my view, but the bottom line is that the program can do a lot more and who can say for sure that anyone is using as simple swap option?
and on a site note, why we need to put *** when writing about it? the guy did so i did too, but i do not see reason, since of course it can do macros, but a lot of things can do macros like razer synapse for example and i do not see most people censuring it when writing about it too.

1 Like

they used it to teleport to last chest in rainbow trek, lots of ppl got perm banned on Tels

1 Like

i see, i guess that explains why there’s a lot of weirdly behaving peeps in the event

There are a lot of unlisted addons out in the wild, and nope I’d rather use it as leverage specially in the situation I’m in now, and as well as to help IMC patching it up.

This has entirely nothing to do with macros. My being caught in the ban wave has entirely nothing to do with 3PP, it just so happened coincidentally that one of the features that this 3PP has had ever since - was also being provided by this unlisted addon that was sent to me for review. (filed a ticket for that with more intricate details on the matter)

The main reason why the addon manager is involved is more of feedback and suggestion for IMC to recognize trends in the industry, hear out its purpose and realize it’s value could be more that what it’s currently worth specially since there are a lot of regional TOS ports at the same time with different gaps in patch versions, and at the same time more improvements to come - and provide an opportunity for the community to participate/give feedback with regards to it - innovation if you may call it that. I had just given them some ideas and feedback on the playerbase level, community level, and their organization level.

Just for some context for those who don’t know, the addon manager was built since the early days so that other people wouldn’t have to deal with the steps to installing them manually. It was already in place and used by majority of the playerbase. One issue that has existed ever since was that IMC has no formal stance aside from the link I posted - and the fact that they renewed some EULA and ToS policies, addons are still in a grey area, specially that most, if not all, of what we do in-game is an addon in the game’s context.

Addons have been around since the early days during Steam launch date, and I have been a part of that since then, even went on hiatus and came back to the game, and I have seen a large improvement now in comparison to how it was back then. In my opinion, addons have been majority of what has made the gameplay experience better, and will continue to do so. The only issue with this is that there is no governance with regards to addon usage - no official governing group from the publisher with regards to these.

1 Like

sorry that it seems i was personal talking about you, since as you stated it seems to not be the case but i was taking more a generally approach about what i wrote based on the information provided by veldt and what i thought about it! of course if you or anyone have not used the au*****key this means that my msg was not about you !! because the msg was directed to players who tried to pass au*******key as tos addon and got banned , of course this seems to have been wrong as well by recent imc news since the real reason for the ban was the teleport in rainbow event, but i’m not gonna delete/edit the previous msg anyway because my personal stance is still valid about trying to pass the program as something else but of course as i look at your history of addonmaker as someone who helped the community before i can choice to believe and accept that you have not been doing the above mentioned events but then again i never stated any names on it so there is no need to be angry or upset with the msg if it was not mention or linked to you in any form!.

about the recent information provided by you i would still recommend for you to follow imc procedures on the addon process since if you are not banned because of the previous matter in the future maybe you can be unban, i have seen people that got unban even days after trying just by giving the right information and trying multiple times because everyone is human and the manager who answered your first ticket could be wrong as well, since i believe right now there should be a lot of players asking for unban appeal because of recent banwave, so trying again and giving more information later on could allow you to have you case looked better and receive the unban.
is very sad too see anyone banned by the events you have wrote about since it goes against what imc stated before and this could cause severe trouble for any addon user in the future so i strongly recommend for you do not let this die and keep trying.

The latest ban wave was possibly due to Hook64. You can google Hook64 and see that one of its functions is allowing the player to teleport to any map or any place in the map. IMC was made aware of this during the 2nd week of the Rainbow Trek event. Upon entering the event, you’d see people suddenly disappearing just as they entered. I later found out that they teleported instantly to the final chest to get the rewards. I made a few videos on this when I noticed 3 randomly-named level 1 players possibly botting the event so I sent the details to IMC.

If it really is “an addon not in the manager” and is not hook64, then it’s quite difficult to know which is which since these people were caught instantly appearing on the final chest in the rainbow trek event.

Yep just did, I provided even more details with regards to this matter. It’s just sad as I had planned 3 new addons in progress, guess I won’t see them being done anytime soon.

That is why I am not talking, only just sent it as leverage, and as evidence at the same time to a couple of staff, specially @STAFF_Letitia to look on this matter. If there were additional specifics, well then I just dug my own grave didn’t I?

lol it was clear from beginning ur not gonna get ur regulated api, you can do too much client-side

its been 2 years and imc has a 14 page bug list that they can’t even iron out

the list doesnt even contain all bugs in the game, but everything there is in our version

they have like too many versions, not enough staff and small playerbase, with a bot/goldseller/RMT-run economy in our version.

Why would anyone be interested in using addons made by someone who is too stupid not to use a banned addon? You won’t even name it cause it’s apparently obvious to everyone but you that you thought you wouldn’t get caught.

You’re literally the reason an addon API would never work.

leverage for what? and why will by not disclosing this addon help you in re-appealing from the situation that you are in now ‘w’?

i’m confused at this part, you mentioned it has nothing to do with TPP, yet you mentioned a feature in “this TPP” @w@;;;

from what i am understanding, are you saying that you got banned due to testing an addon that coincidentally has a feature that’s similar to third party software?

may i ask what’s the difference between TPP and add ons? i mean, i understood it that both are the same thing if not TPP is an umbrella term for add ons and the likes

dug*

though seeing how people are reacting to it, doncha think you’ve already been digging for one by insisting not to disclose this test add on at this point?

1 Like

Putting the thread content aside. It’s not new that addons are used in bad ways, be it public or not. Certain people answering you in this thread had friends using the “auto-potion addon” for their Necros in Dina Bee. In the same way, some may have private addons (edit: like recent tos market ml - sorry for previous error lol) and actually use it for good reasons or development. It’s crystal clear that IMC should have more control but also that addons are part of our community and some greatly improves the game experience.

Also, IMHO it’s a good idea to not publicly disclose the addon name, keep it to the people who it makes any difference, like Staff, but as we know IMC enums our addons and all commands are sent to servers anyway. If anything you’re avoiding curious people from googling the type of code we know IMC won’t break anytime soon.

And independently of the result or reasons or etc. Thanks for pushing the Addon API topic, it’s something that really needs to be done at some point (at least in limiting what’s available) and I’m pretty sure it’s an unanimous wish - at least it’s what it seems to be from being part, although not active, of the addon dev community.