Tree of Savior Forum

Going for Chaplain, help

I currently have wiz 3 ele1 but due to fps problem when using ele skills, it makes me want to make a class with lesser effects and autoattack based.

Decided to go for chaplain. Should i go for str or int? And what class build would be suited for pve and pvp balance.

TIA

Depends on what role you want to play in PVE or pvp, generally Chap->Cleric2->PD is seen as the “best” PVE pvp balance. However you can build depending on the role you like best.

Stats really depend on your Rank 6/7 choices as the build is very general until than. However, almost no builds involving Chap will use Str

Speaking on the fps issue, when you’re hitting multiple enemies with 5 lines of damage you may notice some issues. I did before the optimization, all is fine now. But, just be aware it could be an issue.

If you let me know what type of role you like to play or what classes you would like for Rank 6/7 I can help a little more. ^^

can someone verify this to me :
a. Chaplain’s last rite turn any attack into holy damage, while sacrament add an additional number of (holy) attack. so unlike capella,last rite is not an upgraded version of sacrament and i still need to cast both of them for max effect.

b. how about arde dagger fire damage or cafrisun set earth damage? did they turn into holy damage as well?

c. for aspergillum, does it proc on cafrisun armor / sacrament additional attacks? do i need to activate aspersion first?

I am thinking of going for druid 2 after chaplain but the losing cleric2 seems alot. Please enlighten me :slight_smile:

For the fps. I did optimize my user.xml already and put all my settings to low /uncheck. Still fps drops

Cleric 2 is a personal choice, you can support a team without it, but it takes a lot of coordination and focus. One party member who eats all of your 5 tiles because they fell to 50% hp is really frustrating.

I’m currently a Chap->Druid (almost Druid2) and I do fine at healing a party. Yes, they have to pot sometimes, no they will not be 100% all the time. Yes, they do need to understand how Mass Heal works and not run away when they need healing.

Druid2 also gets Sterea Trofh which sort of replaces Cleric2 upgraded Safety Zone.

Chap->Druid2 is fun, but you are not a main support, or a main dps, or a main healer. But you can do all 3, its really fun tbh.

A: Last Rites changes attacks to holy and adds elemental damage. It adds 25%-50% of your Sacrament. You should keep both of these up, as Last Rites does add an extra damage line.

B: I’m not sure if it converts all damage to holy

C: Aspergillum is an extra line/attack, it does not proc on each of your extra lines, but your elemental attributes affect its damage. You do not need to activate Aspersion first. (and unless you have Krivis, or a Krivis, probably should never put it up)

Uhm, yes Last Rites does add an extra line of damage.

Derp, my bad… let me edit my other post xD

a. As explained before, last rites add a new line of attack for basic attacks with the holy element. It will not make any other attack holy element. For more information on Last Rite’s damage, check out this thread:

b. any elemental damage adds up as pure damage, where element is completely disregarded towards the calculation. The element will be converted into the element of the additional attack. Example: Cafrisun adds one extra line of earth damage, arde attacks +153 fire dmg to that line of damage which will become earth element. Therefore, fire resistance will not decrease arde dagger damage (because the damage is now earth).

c. Aspergillium works exactly same way as last rites. One extra line of holy damage. Except this extra line of damage (and only this one) will scale up with your INT (from magical attack) and SPR (because aspersion scales with SPR). If you don’t have aspersion learnt, it will count as if you had level 1 aspersion. You do not need to activate aspersion. Aspergillium is a self buff while Last Rites casts for whole party.

Be a bot :sparkles:
/20characters

any elemental damage will be checked first before added to the base. In that case arde dagger fire will be reduced against fire monsters, then added to the cafrisun line and then it will be checked again for earth type dmg

take note that blessing got balanced in ktos (may or may not be implemented in itos):

Blessing gains additional damage bonus of (0.06 * SPR + INT * 0.02) * (skillLevel - 1)

Im a 170 chap
Chap basic attack Combo
Crafrisun + Valia + Dagger + all Buffs = Tons of damage
Elemental hats help 2 xD
The only thing bad about chap is that exrocise will not stay on the ground like cure… so to cast magnus you ill need to cast exorcise>magnus and then lure the mobs there =/
And i think last rites turns all damage on holy because i deal double damage to demon and dark types…Im hiting like 11K on demons or dark…

it seems like that because sacrament, last rites and sacrament dmg lines are holy and all your +holy property dmg (sacrament + lastrites) gets doubled and then the complete lines get doubled again

thank you for those who answered my question.