Tree of Savior Forum

General Guides/Tips?

Hey, do you guys have some nice general Guides for the game? I can find guides on classes that are sticky topics in the class sections but no general Guides.
I found this on Reddit that was quite useful although i knew most things there were some new stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4ctoo1/things_i_wish_i_knew_while_starting_to_play_this/

Stuff i still unsure about: How do i see what enemies are weak to what weapon type? How much more dmg do you exactly do if you attack them with the right weapon type?

you should see something like +50% on your attacks if you are hitting with the correct weapon.

Blunt>Plate monters that look hard (beeteros, metal robots/demons etc)
Pierce>Leather (usually brutes like wendigos)
Slash>Cloth(?) (some plants like kepa, gepetto, also pantos, etc)

I am also a new player and seeking for some tips^^
Since I can’t open a new topic I put my question here. Do the token bonus exp and the tome exp stack?

Also some more questions:
All the Materials that you find from monsters, should i keep it or can i sell it? I know i need some of them for the collections but for that purpose i don’t need to keep more then 1 of each. Also i know that you need some for crafting armor but the recipes i received until now (lvl 50) are rather meh and often you need a lot more of a single material then you collected while being in that area. Is there a reason why you should not sell those materials?

Also the collections, if i complete one of them, do i get the passive effect forever or can i only select some of them to be active?

dont sell them, use them to buff up your gems. IIRC you keep the collection effect forever and everything completed should be active.

How do you get silver? I’m around 60 and usually my silver is just enough to get attributes and do some upgrades (weapon mostly) - is there a good way to get more silver? Or does it come at a rather later level?
We also did the lvl 50 dungeon with a swordman/cleric/archer party and it took us quite long to finish because we just didn’t do much dmg to the enemies. So Exp/per time was rather not so appealing and at the end we only got some Guild material that is worth 5k silver. Are dungeons only worth if you can clear them fast enough? Do you need a bigger party for them?

Dungeons are good, slow or not.

A linker really boosts your dungeon time runs.

They stack

/20characters.

How exactly does linker help, doesn’t the linking of enemies just make the damage they take split?

Hangman’s Knot vacuums them together making your aoe skills easier to hit and improves overall damage on linked enemies

also,

there are cases where a mob is already aggroed but stays a bit away from the group you are killing, having it linked means you dont have to deal with it individually. Try it, you’ll notice a significantly faster run.

About the class guide for swordsman, you can try to read guide from Cathexis.
Reference: [Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis
He did nice guide and may reply you when he is free. ( I think)

For other classes, there still no people to make a big whole introduction, but if you are curious on some specific job, you are glad to use the search tools. e.g. search>monk

If you are still considering what job you would like to do. Well, i think you can think in the way what position you want to be in the mid or late game. e.g. tank, dps, silver earner, supporter, hybrid etc

Weapon type is a good question! I would like to know that as well, but i admit I don’t have the time to figure it out. Hope there are kind people help us to find it out.