Tree of Savior Forum

Gem Leveling is killing me

Is there any good method to leveling gems? gem abrasives and monster gems literally never come by. I’ve been forced to farm materials and turn them in for 5 xp each… literally been farming in the same map for 2 days straight to the point some players are even calling me a bot because I have been in the same map for two days. (which makes me wonder wtf where they doing there for 2 days as well).

even after 2 days of farming of a material which has over 50% drop rates… I only managed to get 1 gem half way to level 6. That’s after using 1 monster gem on it too…

There are a couple maps that have respawning chests that drop all four gems.

But getting a gem to level 7+ is basically a pipe dream.

gem drops you mean those 100 exp ones? even then that’ll still take forever lol. i’m actually pretty tired of all this farming and grinding. i’ve been too spoiled by new age games like WoW where everyones a winner. by the time i get my gem to rank 7 i think i’ll have lost my soul.

ctrl f gem abrasive, 300 points each, 4x a day, 1200 points a day.
I’ve got 120+ of it now, that’s about 36 000 points

Maybe you should go Mercenary Post at Fedimian and do party quest? The guy stands upper right conor of the map. Each quest gives a cube which contains 3-10 gems, so if you are lucky enough, you can get 50 gems at most per day.

1 Like

lol i’m confused. 1200 points a day but you got 36000 points that means it took you 30 days. 170000 from rank 6 to 7. that means it’ll take you about 4 months to get from rank 6 to 7. i never did the maths, probably not very smart of me opening 3 sockets in my weapon for 3 rank 7 gems.

nice this is definitely much better advice. thanks.

Oh, you wanted rank 6 to 7, no one really does that for now. and the gem abrasive gimmick thing only takes about 1 min each per abrasive, you can proceed to do something else after getting 4 abrasives.

basically…
Gem abrasive gimmick
Party quest for gems
silver farming and buy trash mats on market, or farm them yourself

the first two are limited, after that you’re back to mats.

thanks for the information. i guess it was happy thinking of me to make a OP weapon for low levels. i wanted to level multiple characters in succession and i figured it’d be easy like RO if I had an OP weapon.

Yes, I don’t suggest going over 5 for your level 170 gears, save the better gems for better gears. You don’t want to take the high level gem out either because they will lose a level and your level 7 gem going down to 6 is pretty sad

the quickest way to level your gems were mentioned already anyway, just do the abrasive gimmick and party quests everyday to get the best op gems as soon as possible

I realize this post is super old, but in case anyone else is searching - farming Uphill gives Lv2 abrasives at lvl 8 and 23. Doing daily Uphill runs I was able to get a lvl 7 gem is less than a week.

Not only that but this is one of the most fun missions by far. I’ll post a PSA with details later.

gacha is answer get gem abrasive and gg

1 Like