Tree of Savior Forum

Game too easy or what?

I’m playing full COOP with a friend, always stayin maximum 5 levels over the lvl area. We reached the church, now we’re at the same area level…

The full game, we are killing bosses in 10 seconds (archer lvl5 charged arrow machine gun, and can be used 2 times), and the bad point: we are literally receiving like 1 damage per each enemy attack… some lucky bosses can deal us 15 damage with a big attack… that’s like 1% of our HP bar. It literally NEVER falls from 95% for any of us in ANY boss. I remember having thought times with SOME bosses with my old highlander, specially with some of them near the tenet garden and church area (yeah, the previous ones are easy).

We have normal armors… what’s the sense here? Why so easy? I suppose it will get harder in the future, but… and we are still totally annihilating bosses, our damage is too high… yeah, we are building damage, very low CON… then why we dont get damage to make it funny, trying to dodge and stuff?

Sometimes it gets hard when we are surrounded by A LOT of mobs, we have been close to death a pair of times… aside from that she died 0 times. I died 1 time, when I got AFK for like 10 minutes.

I want back the old feeling of danger and having to make bonfires and sit near to recover, those WERE the moments. Please tell me it gets soon in future maps, and its tutorial until lvl50…

3 Likes

I think its too easy at low levels because of priest buffs. Buffs should scale with level.

2 Likes

We are using zero buffs, my friend is a Wizard 2, Psycho 1. Yeah, we got some scroll spells from a seller in town one time. We overkilled all enemies in 1 shot. We did not that again xDD

Try doing Earth Tower. Neops poison puddle kills.

1 Like

Mobs are easy, period. If you kill them fsat without blessing you are using the new player event and having strong weapons.
Anyway, DO USE blessing, DO USE headgear with elemental dmg and DO USE cafrisun simply because it speeds the game up.
In the later 200s you will have to use some potions, but you know its hack n slash gameplay nothing is gonna be hard like dark souls is hard. For some content you need better gear oir a group, mainly earth tower. But then again it only scales by gear requirement nothing hard gameplay wise.

It´s the typical hack n slash game mixed with japanese artstyle and leveling/playing different awesome builds. If that isn´t for you don´t waste your time, it won´t take skill to kill computer ai at any point it´s about having gear and very basic party play.

If people say game was made easier with combat balance what they say is this “Game takes less gear to own computer ai now, no need to be 2or3ppl or a good weapon anymore”.

2 Likes

This is cute. When rank 8 was first released Archers and wizards barely have the damage to kill rank 8 mobs. Now its too easy since the mobs got “balanced”

I do agree that the game is easier now but trust me. If you have played last year I doubt you would’ve said the same words you are saying now.

Have fun though. The high level contents are no joke. :joy:

8 Likes

The game was suppose to be a hard to the core grind fest old school game…

then people started crying and it got so annoying they had to baby it out :expressionless:

6 Likes

Ther was nothing hardcore about the old school game, you just had to quest and time your use of it properly. Questing in a game that heavily revolves around the use of alts and diverse builds is foolish and was NO fun at all by your 3rd character.

3 Likes

we never got the game they wanted to give us, hell we still are on the 300 level range of the 600 that was/is planed…

the main idea is/was that the first 200 levels are/were the tutorial and then the game would get truly hard…

1 Like

"If you have played last year I doubt you would’ve said the same words you are saying now."
So if i had played (which i did, but not a lot) before they balance a thing i wouldn´t say that it is pretty easy now? Logic.

"the main idea is/was that the first 200 levels are/were the tutorial and then the game would get truly hard…"
Thats personal opinion but i don´t think that having to grind for more gear to kill a same level mob hacking and slashing isn´t hard but grindy. As i said, hard as in dark souls hard or in free beer.

wait until rank 7+ you are usually gonna be lower leveled than the map ur on and monsters will do alot of damage. and at 300+ monsers have 100k health so on my paladin-inquuisitr it takes all of my skills to kill them (sometimes i need more than that)

Yes, leveling PvE is easy. As it should be.

yea gearing up at max level is already as hard as it is atm, why should leveling be hard too

Uhm have you visited inner and outer wall maps? Tevhrin cave? zima suecourt? Inb4 imc made everything too easy. Inb4 imc introduced armor balance, class balance, monster hp balance, reset vouchers, multipliers, etc.

Obviously you may have played last year but I guess you are in your rank 6s or 7. It was too hard and grindy to level up last year and when you reach rank 8 you are greeted with cancer maps (inner, outer, tevhrin).

Not really complaining in what happened to this game right now. Back then non meta toons have almost no way to quest in rank 7 or 8 since quest parties will kick them. Compare to now all you need is x8 exp tome, reset, multipliers, and clear.

3 Likes

Oh great. When game was insanely tough and players were getting 1shotted, then whine. Now when its easy and you are 1 shotting, then again whine. Why not decide 1st what you want. We all know IMC is not the one who can balance stuff out properly.

I say: Game is easy mechanically. You say: Oh noooooooo 1y before mob oneshot you (without a way to avoid it i would like to add).
Fk off if that´s how you define a hard game, going back doing more easy stuff doesnt make button pressing without moving or aiming harder. ET high stages are not harder they require you to do more easy lower stages or more easy solo dungeon 140 doesn´t make it hard content. It doesn´t make it bad content either it is how it is and it is BETTER NOW than it was.

If the OP is looking for a hard == challenging game he should leave, fullstop.

1 Like

Did i ever used the word challenging in my post?

You are not making any sense here. Rephrase it.

I think he was meant to reply to me.

Et is easy for him well ok. Though a lot of toons suffered now and we are back to what it was in rank 7. We got elememes, doppel, chrono, and healers. Falc 3 is also nice but some archers especially sr got crippled with the new balance and cant do et.

I’ll just take his word then. He is showing off so I better leave this thread alone. I guess being 1 hit by monsters in the old rank 8 maps doesn’t count as hard for that guy. Lol.

1 Like