Tree of Savior Forum

Enchanter 2 and Agility

So I was looking at my Chrono and wondering if I should reset from Sage into Enchanter. Now I’m still about 290 so I don’t have a lot of experience with Sage either, but on paper it certainly looked like Enchanter might be a better option.

But then I saw Agility.

According to the tos.neet planner, it looks like the skill Agility will give 0.1% chance to dodge per skill level per stamina…which would mean at level 10, Agility would give a BASE dodge chance of 75% assuming they had no other stamina boosting effects. Add level 5 Arcane Energy, and you have a BASE dodge chance of ONE HUNDRED PERCENT assuming NO CON or Stamina gear.

I have to assume that this is not correct because…wow. I mean sure it’s going to decrease as your Stamina goes down, but really how hard is it to keep your Stamina high?

Can anyone confirm for me exactly how Agility works? I suspect the actual effect is just an Evasion boost (not a flat chance to dodge), but on the off chance that it’s not wrong, well I guess I’m going Enchanter.

Yeah that formula is confusing, but at level 10 I think it ends up with 1% of your stamina as dodge rate. The “%” symbol is what makes it confusing, you omitted that in your calculation which is why you ended up with x1 of your stamina instead. It is actually 100 times more disappointing than what we wish it was haha.

TLDR: it will give +0.75% dodge rate at 75 stamina

EDIT: Btw sage2 is actually not bad, dimension compression is a strong single target skill with bonus pull. Ultimate dimension is like mastema but squeezed into 5 seconds and micro dimension kind of works like a targeted pyro fireball that deals 10x the damage. For now though the initial hit of micro dimension only hits ground targets but it has been buffed in ktest (or ktos?) and will also hit air.

1% mean x0.01 , you are doing 100% calculation which is x1.

I see. I was looking at the formula as (Stamina x 1)%, rather than (Stamina) x 1%.

My first instinct is to say that number is so hilariously low as to be impossible to be correct but…you know, IMC…

It’s a shame but not really unexpected. Glad I asked rather than just gunned for it!

And yeah, even from a support stand point I’m pretty torn build-wise. Even Enchanter 2 only really offers Enchant Lightning (I doubt Enchant Earth would make a significant impact) which only works on Autos? Seems like Missile Hole adds more to a party. And beyond that, it’s basically three damage skills from Sage against Lightning Hands…

Portal is pretty nifty. Guess I have a weekend or so to decide.

Enchnater 2 is quite potent support actually:

Enchant lightning gives +lightning property attack, so it adds itself to any and all lines of damage you and your party mates do.

Enchant Earth works as a “virtual shield”, offering party members a final block rate which then make it possible to block physical hits according to your own block stat + enchant earth’s block rate (%).

Empower SP boost is also very welcome by zealots (which are just about everywhere right now), making their Blind Faith burst damage do twice as much basically.

As a final grace, you get yourself a nice AA with lightning hands, making it possible for you yourself to contribute damage and increase your party members magic damage via its attribute.

Sage’s also good, like you mentioned, but imo it’s outclassed right now by enchanter 2.

EDIT: Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention lightning hands is super ping dependant.

I review sage2 as a dps here

1 Like

I really want to use enchanter too but my ping lets me attack once every 1.5 seconds lol (my ping jumps from 0.3 to 0.6, I guess it’s cause I’m playing on wifi). Tried wl3 as well but wasn’t quite happy with it because I’m still mainly sorc and we don’t really get along when my dog killsteals and doesn’t let me spawn evil spirits. Sage is surprisingly good with sorc, really loving it right now.

1 Like

I also tried a cryo 3 Sorc 2 WL3, but it’s not very synergetic. Summon has very keen eyes, always killing monsters right before mastema does on pillar. Guess I’ll give Wiz-Cryo3-Sorc2-X-Sage2 a try instead, might be nice having both pillar and Sage’s dimension compression for mob gathering in a single build hehe.

Truth be told, I’m just glad Sage finally deserves its red icon without losing its spacial magic playstyle.

Both Agility and Enchant Earth are currently useless. You only need Enchant Lightning and Lightning Hands, and Empowering combos good with Zealots. The only downside with Empowering is that you don’t retain the mana you had above your normal max mana when you refresh the buff.

Enchant Earth is very useful!
There is a big different in survival with or without Enchant Earth,
From experience of a lv360 Cryo3Sorc2Chrono1Enchanter2 who keep farming in Nazarene Tower / Mats Farming / Did all new quests solo with T7 weapon, it also made my Summon last so much longer in new maps.

And, Empower is overlooked by most players, I believe it became 1 of the best support skill at lv10.
It is so much worth to maxed, SP is big issue to every class now, and you have the ability to +100% Max SP and 100% uptime, every Zealot2 will love you, even Oracle have forever uptime but its % far from there.
It might not obvious, but the +10 lvls help reduce quite some % of damage as well i believe. If you able to keep 100% uptime, it also mean you always have 100% blue pot efficiency eventually will keep on the max SP.

2 Likes

Both of you are half-correct actually. It’s neither 1% or 100% of your current stamina as dodge %, it’s actually 10%. I know it’s weird and doesn’t make much sense, but this is IMC we’re talking about. Not sure if it’s a bug or intended. Here’s a video for proof:

If you count the hits and dodges, the dodge rate with 142 Stamina came pretty close to 14%. Definitely much higher than 1.4% and obviously not 142%. I also have 0 natural dodge chance against these mobs (my eva is 88, their accuracy is 136-137) so that’s not a factor.

TL;DR
It still sucks.

1 Like